Popularity of this game

#21shingui5Posted 5/5/2013 3:11:25 PM
MetaFalconPunch posted...
I'm more surprised at the UNpopularity of this game, according to most of the board.

never take a forum about a game, as a good sample of a games reception.
The majority of people who come to boards like this, come with the intent of being hypercritical. Only a very rare few go around the internet, spreading the games virtues.
#22confettistormPosted 5/5/2013 3:18:21 PM
vagames posted...
I must admit that I'm very surprised at the popularity of this game. Since its release, at least State-side, it's maintained a regular spot on the homepage's top ten, and topics from this board are always featured on the front page. This, almost three months since its release.

I don't believe the game is perfect, and it's not my all-time favorite Fire Emblem, but I do think it's fantastic and I'm well over 200 hours of game time (I haven't checked totals recently), and I expect hundreds more in the coming months.

This isn't really a discussion, necessarily, I just wanted to point out that this game is doing well. I'm happy to see it, since I don't believe Fire Emblem gets the attention it deserves. Also, it's nice to see a Nintendo game getting attention on par with other triple A titles.

Good job, Intelligent Systems. Please hire me.

The two weeks it was released in Toronto, Canada, out of the 20 unique streetpasses I got, 18 were FE:A.

Even 3 months after it's release, FE:A is still very commonly seen in my streetpass mii plaza.

At least the game is an absolute hit for those that like to bring their 3DS around town! (which tend to be the older demographic)
#23smash fanaticPosted 5/5/2013 3:27:51 PM
TheLastBlade posted...
smash fanatic posted...
TheLastBlade posted...
Look at this way: the people who complain about Awakening also likes dreck like the Neptunia series (i'm serious about this) :P

ahahahaha

oh that's a good one, where did you make that up?

I'm actually serious about this. There are actually people who doesn't like Awakening, but likes weird stuff like the Neptunia series, Record of Agarest, and other stuff resembling a visual novel.

[citation needed]
---
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/smashfanatic/DEALL.gif http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/smashfanatic/DEALR.gif
#24WestbrickVIIPosted 5/5/2013 3:30:08 PM
TheLastBlade posted...
smash fanatic posted...
TheLastBlade posted...
Look at this way: the people who complain about Awakening also likes dreck like the Neptunia series (i'm serious about this) :P

ahahahaha

oh that's a good one, where did you make that up?

I'm actually serious about this. There are actually people who doesn't like Awakening, but likes weird stuff like the Neptunia series, Record of Agarest, and other stuff resembling a visual novel.

lol
#25vagames(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 5:10:35 AM
Devil_Killer_JC posted...
Strawberry_Eggs posted...
I, for one, am glad of this game's popularity. Flaws or not, i think it's well deserved and bring some much needed attention to the series.

I agree. I seriously doubt there will be another Japan only FE game after Awakening. This game is just far too popular outside of Japan for Nintendo not to see loads of cash in localizing the FE games.

I hope with all of my being that this is true. Almost nothing would make me happier.
---
3DS: 1461-65262579
http://www.youtube.com/vanimusgames
#26bearclaw13Posted 5/6/2013 5:13:36 AM
TheLastBlade posted...

That game was sh*t.

This game isn't quite that bad.
---
What are you looking at?
#27RoseOfOrlaisPosted 5/6/2013 6:38:40 AM
vagames posted...
I, for one, am glad of this game's popularity. Flaws or not, i think it's well deserved and bring some much needed attention to the series.

I agree. I seriously doubt there will be another Japan only FE game after Awakening. This game is just far too popular outside of Japan for Nintendo not to see loads of cash in localizing the FE games.

I hope with all of my being that this is true. Almost nothing would make me happier.

I agree.
---
Gaius and Henry are awesome *3*
#28bearclaw13Posted 5/6/2013 6:40:42 AM
RoseOfOrlais posted...
vagames posted...

I agree.

It's sad that you guys are even saying that...

Get a life... and I mean that in the most positive, constructive way possible.
---
What are you looking at?
#29vagames(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 7:53:56 AM
bearclaw13 posted...
RoseOfOrlais posted...
vagames posted...

I agree.

It's sad that you guys are even saying that...

Get a life... and I mean that in the most positive, constructive way possible.

I have one, and I enjoy it. How dare you suggest that my lifestyle or my hobbies or my interests are somehow invalidated because they don't fall in line with your personal definition on what a life is or how it should be lived.

It's people like me, and people like everybody registered to this site that make the gaming industry possible for pretentious, self-righteous people like yourself. The industry needs us just as much as we want it, and I plan to work and contribute to it as part of my career. What it doesn't need are indignant attitudes like the one you exhibited here.
---
3DS: 1461-65262579
http://www.youtube.com/vanimusgames