I don't get Bow Knight, Assassin or Bride

#1Ku-Ri-BohPosted 5/5/2013 8:50:46 AM
When you can use other weapons than a bow, wouldn't you just use that other weapon 99% of the time anyway? You are almost always in range with the opponent to use your sword or lance. Otherwise you'd be doing other things anyway

Attacking with sword/lance, you'd usually kill the opp (skills, or powerful weapon and STR stats etc). If you can't kill that target, all the more you wouldn't be using a bow because then you'd be vulnerable to everything during your opp's turn

I actually only use bows when it's for gimmick kind of fun, or when i have no choice (Archer and Sniper. And that's before i reclass to something entirely)
#2Misha-HeartPosted 5/5/2013 8:52:48 AM
Counter.
---
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Oh Poor soul who has lost their love, I will make your heart race once more!
#31998_zPosted 5/5/2013 8:54:48 AM
Ranged attacks.

Bow Knights need to could fare between the melee attackers too so they should wield Swords. They're like Paladins with Bows instead of Spears.

I think Assassins have bows because sometimes they need that to murder people within a long range cold-blooded.

I don't get Warriors though.
---
OP tomes, high Res, and skills be damned; I won't use Sorcs.
O furious and insane gods! Send me ten-nay, TWENTY of your finest cakes!
#4RDS1Posted 5/5/2013 9:02:08 AM
Bows tend to be more accurate than other types of weapon, I find. Also, effective damage against fliers. Also, some of us just like bows.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#5Ku-Ri-Boh(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 9:16:53 AM
RDS1 kinda gave me the best answer.

For counter, it's a waste of skillslot just to justify using a bow, not THE reason why i should use bow. Anyway it's not even exclusive to when i equip bows

For ranged reason, i have stated that. If you aren't in range to kill your opp with melee weapons, you are better off doing something else than poking that 1 target and risking your life the next turn

OF COURSE, there are super situational occassions like having to use bow to be in range to kill 1 enemy, and then galeforce away to attack another with melee weapon for defense during the next turn. But tchances like this alone shouldn't justify the use of bows on classes that allow it and other weapons
#6RDS1Posted 5/5/2013 9:19:59 AM
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
For counter, it's a waste of skillslot just to justify using a bow, not THE reason why i should use bow. Anyway it's not even exclusive to when i equip bows

I think they mean enemies with Counter, because attacking them with a melee weapon is risky and reckless unless you're just overpowered as ****, but even then.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#7Ku-Ri-Boh(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 9:38:15 AM
RDS1 posted...
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...

I think they mean enemies with Counter, because attacking them with a melee weapon is risky and reckless unless you're just overpowered as ****, but even then.

That makes sense. This reminds me: Bows are the best after tomes to grind characters in exponential growth auto battle mode
#8MC_STAAVYPosted 5/5/2013 9:42:52 AM
Bows are the most accurate ranged weapons in the game. So theoretically, they would be the best weapons to throw over walls when you are passing past a wall. Unfortunately, there aren't a whole lot of situations in the game that warrant that benefit.
---
Brawl FC: 1032-0931-6818
#9Rideps1Posted 5/5/2013 9:46:10 AM
Well Warriors are probably because of the accuracy difference between bows and axes. Sometimes you just need a hit from the unit, no matter the weapon, but its on a swordmaster or something.... hello failure.

Also, IMO, bows have the safest enemy phase when being swarmed, unless most of the enemy has range weapons, in which case it is still safer by a bit. Why? Because you aren't freeing up more adjacent spots for them to hit you from. You have a wall around you. Then when you feel confident in safety, someone saves you or you swap to your melee and kill the rest off.
---
If I ever had a kid, I'd want a daughter like Morgan. Y'know, one who tries to lure me into pitfall traps. ~~C_D_M