CYOA: Age of the Sun (Part 2)

#131SwordMasterEXPosted 5/12/2013 11:12:58 AM
B- the ends don't always justify the mean
Don't tell me Prideri's part Great Dragon?
---
I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand I shall reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction
#132FE_AC15Posted 5/12/2013 11:33:05 AM
A
---
Superb Indie Games: Minecraft, MULTIWINIA, Battle for Wesnoth, Project Zomboid [Check them out!]
PSN: PainfulAC (feel free to add me; mention GameFAQs)
#133Cheesepower5(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 2:34:50 PM
"I know that we all lie sometimes." You admit. "I'd be a hypocrite if I said I didn't... But it's never right." You stare Taliesin, or Lobelin, or whoever he is in the eye. For just a moment, his face reminds you of...

"I am glad to hear that." Taliesin smiles, interrupting your thoughts. "Seeing as you think that way, I would ask you a favour."

You hesitate. "What sort of favour?"

"It would be unfair of me to ask you to commit yourself entirely, seeing as how I haven't even had the opportunity to tell you everything." He digresses. "But I need your help to accomplish my goal."

"How, exactly?" You ask.

"Garth and I have arranged for me to play at your dinner with Constantin." He tells you. "When I play the song, you'll know which one, aid Garth and Mirthin in telling your side of the story to the people in the room. It will calm them, and endow them with a great empathy. I need Constantin, and his generals Joachim, Gunhild and Aengus for my end of the bargain."

"You have denounced deception just now, Taliesin." You say. "So tell me what you intend to do with them."

Taliesin laughs slightly. "You are just like him." He reminisces. "I need them to be clear of their master Rajha. If humanity cannot be convinced to leave the great dragons behind and rule themselves, then I cannot make them."

"Is that truly all you want?" You ask.

"It truly is." He says, looking you in the eye and showing no remorse.

"I believe you." You concede. "But there is one more thing I want you to clear up... Why do you really want my help so much?"

Taliesin sighs. "Prideri, what do you know of your parents?"

"They were servants in the capitol." You tell him. "My father, er, adoptive father Griffith found me under the nurse maid's corpse, she hid me from the rebels as a last ditch effort."

"She did not hide her own child..." Taliesin looks at you sympathetically. "What she did was actually a greater sacrifice than you even know. I don't believe I could have done it myself. She switched her own child with the child of her king, just as the rebels broke into the building. The 'baby prince' who was killed by the cultists... Could have been you."

You remain silent. "...How do you know?" You finally ask.

"Look at your reflection, Prideri." He says. "Your hair, your eyes, even your face. You are clerarly my great grandson. ...And you look exactly like your grandfather once did."

"Taliesin..." You say. Only now do you realise the significance of the Bard's name. To disguise himself, Lobelin took the name of his own son.

Taliesin sees your expression and deduces what you had realised. "I thought it a common enough name, since many jump at the chance to name their child after the Pendragon." He smiles warmly.

"I didn't realise I'd be around for a touching family reunion." Garth jokes, suddenly making his presence known to you.

"Has the prince been told everything?" Taliesin asks him.

"Yeah, we got tired of waiting." Garth admits. "I didn't mean to interrupt, my Lord. I merely came to make sure that sir Prideri was handling the news well, when I find out even more! ...I can't believe I didn't catch the resemblance sooner."

Mirthin reveals himself from behind Garth, as Lobelin places the bandana back over his ears. He kneels low, bowing earnestly to Taliesin. "I apologise, your grace." He says submissively. "Had I realised you were the Great Dragon, I-"
---
Official Naga Raja of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
Official King Marth of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Board
#134Cheesepower5(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 3:16:20 PM(edited)
(Swordmaster called it.)

Taliesin laughs openly and heartily. "You are so much like a young Padraig." He remarks.

"Me...?" Mirthin blinks in disbelief. "Like my father!?"

"You wouldn't know it for all his pomp and reputation." Taliesin says. "But Padraig used to be such a shy, humble boy... I am truly sorry about what happened."

"It's quite alright." Mirthin says coyly, with a hint of sorrow.

"You may stand, young prince." Taliesin says kindly. "I must soon go and prepare for my part. For yours, you will have some time yet."

Mirthin does as he is told, rising to his feet. "But I still have so many questions to ask!" He says with an air of youthful excitement. "Who and what is Nahaqui? How did you meet sir Garth? ...Can I see your dragon form!?"

"Easy, little one." Taliesin calmly orders. "...And not so loud. Ask Garth your questions, and as for the last one... Perhaps another time. For now, I am not the Great Dragon Lobelin. I am Taliesin, an ordinary Bard."

"...Right." Mirthin says disappointedly.

"I must be off now." Taliesin bows. "I will see you all in the Emerald Spire." He takes his leave, heading toward the residential district.

"Well, we have about two hours." Garth says. "Any plans? If you'd like, I can answer your questions... In there, maybe." He points to the pub beside you, as a man walks outside, shooting you a mischievous grin.

"That sounds fine." Mirthin says. "I would like to know... Although I'm disappointed I can't see a dragon yet."

"Do you have any plans, Prideri?" Garth asks.

A. Go to the local armoury.
B. Go to the local vendor.
C. Visit the residential district.
D. Go check up on the Wyvern Riders.
E. Talk with Mirthin and Garth in the pub.
F. See what was up with the guy who just walked by.
---
#135OsrangerPosted 5/12/2013 3:34:25 PM
F. I'm confused. We are the great dragon, but we don't have pointy ears. Could we transform if we had a dragonstone? Also, would this be the case no matter who we picked to be the main character?
---
Those are brave men out there. Let's go kill them!
-Tyrion Lannister, Clash of Kings
#136Cheesepower5(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 3:45:04 PM
Osranger posted...
F. I'm confused. We are the great dragon, but we don't have pointy ears. Could we transform if we had a dragonstone? Also, would this be the case no matter who we picked to be the main character?

Different main characters have different situations as to how they come upon their Dragon Blood, for example, Ketil, Galahan and Rory have known this entire time. No real point in hiding that Najin has it, and you'll get her cool sword when/if you visit her home country.

As for whether or not you can transform, no. Since Prideri's grandfather was a half Manakete, his parents a quarterling and an ordinary woman, Prideri's 1/8th Lobelin Blood isn't sufficient to transform, however because he is still closer than Ketil or Rory to his ancestor (despite his interest in humans, Lobelin took a human wife long after Bheithir or Merovignius) Prideri's mom did not need to be a minor dragon blood to sustain his ability to use a legendary weapon borrowing his power.
---
#137OsrangerPosted 5/12/2013 3:48:11 PM
Cheesepower5 posted...
Osranger posted...

Different main characters have different situations as to how they come upon their Dragon Blood, for example, Ketil, Galahan and Rory have known this entire time. No real point in hiding that Najin has it, and you'll get her cool sword when/if you visit her home country.

As for whether or not you can transform, no. Since Prideri's grandfather was a half Manakete, his parents a quarterling and an ordinary woman, Prideri's 1/8th Lobelin Blood isn't sufficient to transform, however because he is still closer than Ketil or Rory to his ancestor (despite his interest in humans, Lobelin took a human wife long after Bheithir or Merovignius) Prideri's mom did not need to be a minor dragon blood to sustain his ability to use a legendary weapon borrowing his power.

Okay.
---
Those are brave men out there. Let's go kill them!
-Tyrion Lannister, Clash of Kings
#138SwordMasterEXPosted 5/12/2013 3:55:07 PM
Cheesepower5 posted...
(Swordmaster called it.)

Somebody pick up the phone cause I Called It! Just like I called Formotis appearing back on topic I vote
F- Maybe he has candy or weapons OR a Cheesecake
---
I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand I shall reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction
#139Cheesepower5(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 4:01:53 PM
SwordMasterEX posted...
Cheesepower5 posted...
(Swordmaster called it.)

Somebody pick up the phone cause I Called It! Just like I called Formotis appearing back on topic I vote

You must be some kind of psychic... Or a guy who's seen enough cheap fantasy stories to know what I was going for. :D

Those would be three of his favourite things, in all likelihood.
---
#140SwordMasterEXPosted 5/12/2013 4:18:04 PM
Cheesepower5 posted...
SwordMasterEX posted...
Cheesepower5 posted...
(Swordmaster called it.)

You must be some kind of psychic... Or a guy who's seen enough cheap fantasy stories to know what I was going for. :D

Those would be three of his favourite things, in all likelihood.

Taliesin: Griffith never told you what happened to your Grandfather.
Prideri: He told me enough. He told me I didn't have one!
Taliesin: No, I am your Grandfather
Can't........ Control......... Fanboy Hand!
(Yes I am well versed in Fantasy)
And if I have anything to say about it P**** gonna be up there too ;p
---