Which conversations where Censored in the EU version of Fire Emblem?

#1nazacuckooPosted 5/6/2013 11:29:09 AM
Going to pick up this game soon, but I'm hearing all about these censored conversations.
How many conversations where censored? Or was it just the one with Nowi talking about Tharja's boobs? Or is the EU version almost completely different dialouge-wise? *Shudder*
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt
The official Stalfos of the "A link to the Past 3DS" board.
#2nazacuckoo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 11:40:40 AM
Bump
---
#3jonnovision1Posted 5/6/2013 11:41:16 AM
apparently the EU version got re-translated instead of using the NA version's english dialogue, although for actual censoring the Tharja&Nowi DLC convo is the only one I've heard of.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#4Aveyn_KnightPosted 5/6/2013 11:44:08 AM
No, the European (English language) version uses the North American translation. They just changed a couple of things, like armor to armour and Xenologue to Outrealm Tales.

As for censorship, I'm only aware of Tharja and Nowi's Harvest Scramble conversation.
---
Fire Emblem information here:
http://serenesforest.net/
#5nazacuckoo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 11:44:36 AM
jonnovision1 posted...
apparently the EU version got re-translated instead of using the NA version's english dialogue, although for actual censoring the Tharja&Nowi DLC convo is the only one I've heard of.

Re-translated? Really? Anyone know if the EU version has a terrible script?
I swear if the EU version of Fire Emblem Awakening is watered down I'm gonna be pissed.
---
#6jonnovision1Posted 5/6/2013 11:45:52 AM
Aveyn_Knight posted...
No, the European (English language) version uses the North American translation. They just changed a couple of things, like armor to armour and Xenologue to Outrealm Tales.

really? there was a topic discussing it while ago and there were a few players that said it was different, which they noticed because the EU demo still used the NA dialogue.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#7Aveyn_KnightPosted 5/6/2013 11:55:57 AM
jonnovision1 posted...

really? there was a topic discussing it while ago and there were a few players that said it was different, which they noticed because the EU demo still used the NA dialogue.

Yeah, I'm 90% sure. I've played the European version twice, although I haven't played the North American version.

However, I've read some of the North American dialogue (eg. the whole of Chapter 5) and it all matches up with what I saw in my game.

TBH, I thought that was a troll topic...
---
Fire Emblem information here:
http://serenesforest.net/
#8nazacuckoo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 11:56:10 AM
jonnovision1 posted...
Aveyn_Knight posted...

I searched on the internet and I found an article that says certain suggestive or "cheeky" dialouge was removed. Great, I'm looking forward to getting this game less and less every day. From what I have heard so far the EU version will probably have a really bad script, so much so as that the characters might not even be likeable any more. I'm just hoping they haven't censored all of the slightly non child friendly dialouge.

*sigh*

F*** you NoE.
---
#9nazacuckoo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 12:01:11 PM
Aveyn_Knight posted...
jonnovision1 posted...

Yeah, I'm 90% sure. I've played the European version twice, although I haven't played the North American version.

However, I've read some of the North American dialogue (eg. the whole of Chapter 5) and it all matches up with what I saw in my game.

TBH, I thought that was a troll topic...

You've played the EU version? Are the characters still likeable in our version?
Is there still any of that sexual innuendo I hear about from people with the NA version?
Or the sort of risque dialouge? Or is that all gone?

And no, this isn't a troll topic btw. What made you think that?
---
#10MonkeymooXDPosted 5/6/2013 12:02:38 PM
If a couple of words getting changed persuades you not to buy a game, there is something wrong.