Paralogue 23 is a @#$%^...(spoilers)

#1xGreekAcex714Posted 5/6/2013 11:53:04 AM
I can't beat it without tons of people dying on me :/- Anyone got any advice or tips for beating that one? I haven't even fought Priam yet cause people have been dying!

Everyone with the exception of the following is @ lvl 20 with the skills necessary to be badasses:
Tiki
Basilio
Flavia
Aversa
Yen'fay
Gangrel
Walhart
Emmeryn

With the exception of them, everyone else is all levelled and has As in all their weapon grades(except half of the units capable of using staffs). Still can't beat this chapter without someone or several people dying. HELP PLZ.
---
---
Its all Greek to me dude. Yiassou
#2xGreekAcex714(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 12:00:45 PM
Buuuuump help.
---
---
#3HeoandReoPosted 5/6/2013 12:02:06 PM
Do you have a Sorcerer? I found that it's pretty easy to cheese the chapter with a Sorcerer or two stocked with Nosferatus.

Of course, I'd recommend just keep trying. The real reward of Paralogue 23 is knowing you can defeat a tremendous army with all of your god-units. :D
#4hereforemnantPosted 5/6/2013 12:03:00 PM
Try recruiting some of the Spotpass characters like King Marth, Sephiran, and a few others. They come with decent skill sets for the most part and cut out your time for buliding up weaker characters if you dont want to do that.
---
They say all good things are bound to come to an end, but why haven't i heard the same about bad things?
#5GoIdenAcePosted 5/6/2013 12:03:34 PM
I'm assuming this is on lunatic/+? anyway, rallybots are you friend if everyone is maxed and still being beat, else, dlc R&R3 for limit break
---
Official Husband of Anna (from paralouge 4)
(on the FE:A boards)
#6Lao-ShanTuxPosted 5/6/2013 12:04:08 PM
I cheesed it so badly with Berserker MU paired with Paladin Chrom.
Of course, this was after about 40 hours of devoted grinding and multiple class changes, but hey.
---
When people are trying to kill you, you know you did something right.
The Official Lao-Shan Lung, Fighter, and Deino of everything. Freya Crescent is best.
#7mullenbaoPosted 5/6/2013 12:09:55 PM
First, you need to use second seal to allow you to further level up your units, and maybe learn more skills.
Based on your difficulty, you may need to use second seal 1-3 times.
There are also few tricks for this chapter
1. It's not necessary to take all the 30 units, you can just bring the strong ones, and save the life of weak ones (if in classical mode, however, use all 30 units can be considered as a small challenge)
2. Use your strongest unit pairs (1-2) to lure enemies, and use other units to rally them from a relative far position. For each turn, bring them back, use dancer, then send them out. However, your pairs need to be strong enough that can survive from 10-20 attacks each turn.
The enemy with counter skill and the boss need to be killed first.
#8xGreekAcex714(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 12:15:12 PM
This is on Hard mode. I'm against using Sorcerers and nosferatu tanking just cause I feel thats taking the easy way out :/- I have 20 spotpass units, 2 of whom are rally bots, I haven't thought to bring them along yet, so I'll do that. My other Spotpass units are mostly other MUs I've created, and a few interesting ones: 2 units have can do the highest possible damage(Without being a 3rd gen morgan, one being physical, the other being magic), 2 others have the highest critical rating, one unit has all the HP related skill(If he really needs to heal, just send him away for a turn, have him heal 50% at the beginning of the turn, get a kill, and get the last 50%!), 2 Dark fliers(DLC Micaiah as a Nosferatu tank, the other being Abigail, an MU I made, using Celica's Gale and having almost the same skills as DLC Micaiah), and the list goes on. I'm also trying to make a Sorcerer Killer. I SEE THE DAMN SORCERERS RULING MY UNIVERSITY. ALL I SEE ON THE TEAMS ARE SORCERERS.

But yeah, this is on Hard, and I have a nice list of Spotpass units. A friend suggested, I just bring all of them along, since I can just buy them back if they die.
---
---
#9xGreekAcex714(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 12:16:45 PM
mullenbao posted...
First, you need to use second seal to allow you to further level up your units, and maybe learn more skills.
Based on your difficulty, you may need to use second seal 1-3 times.
There are also few tricks for this chapter
1. It's not necessary to take all the 30 units, you can just bring the strong ones, and save the life of weak ones (if in classical mode, however, use all 30 units can be considered as a small challenge)
2. Use your strongest unit pairs (1-2) to lure enemies, and use other units to rally them from a relative far position. For each turn, bring them back, use dancer, then send them out. However, your pairs need to be strong enough that can survive from 10-20 attacks each turn.
The enemy with counter skill and the boss need to be killed first.

Already done that. With the exception of usually Res and Luck, everyone has maxed out stats. And I usually try to get rid of those pesky counter @#$%^&$s...
---
---
#10StofenPosted 5/6/2013 12:27:45 PM
A good idea for this map is to go with support Chrom (Dual Strike+, Dual Guard+) and then have your MU with armsthrift, vantage, set up with your strongest tome, and a healer with psychic out of the way. You just have to make sure and watch out for those longbow snipers.