When you lose a character you like do you reset the game?

#1RagnaknitePosted 5/6/2013 3:20:53 PM
If so, Why not just play on casual mode? I've considered switching myself. I've been trying to level up characters like Gaius but sometimes you get blindsided or criticalled and die in 1 hit and it's pretty frustrating.

It's even worse when you've practically finished the mission. I know you're supposed to keep playing regardless of losing a character on normal. First time I ever did that was in Path of Radiance and eventually I only had like Ike and 3 other guys.
---
AMD FX-8350|2x Sapphire 7770Ghz|16GB Corsair Vengeance|Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0|600W|500GB WD Black|
#2jonnovision1Posted 5/6/2013 3:23:15 PM
no, if I lose ANY character I reset.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#3dadkwasherePosted 5/6/2013 3:28:38 PM(edited)
Perfect runs.

Im going to reset if I was playing casual anyway.

Besides...CASUAL. Its like IS is saying "lol you is no real gamer, you just casual"
CASUAL
CASUAL
casual
casual
Those words would echo through my mind.
I is real gamer.
---
Alright, MGS5!!! Ready for some more action, snake?
"Time to do some wetwork...and find political solutions. TASTY."
#4superfatalkidPosted 5/6/2013 3:24:45 PM
I always reset if any character dies. I could never consider playing on casual, it just wouldn't seem like a traditional Fire Emblem game to me, and as an RPG that feature stands out for me and makes me think more tactically.
---
GT: DEAN27892
#5maiminasePosted 5/6/2013 3:26:13 PM
Honestly casual mode just makes it less fun because there is no risk involved in how you play. You just throw units out the window and skip literally all animations and you will probably come out alive every single time.
---
Why, I've powered up so much that I'm probably a grizzly bear!
PSN: Loreles
#6NatatteruPosted 5/6/2013 3:26:55 PM
Playing in Casual means you can just do whatever you want and let characters get killed, after all they return next mission. You could sandbag with some units to chip away at some boss getting a couple killed and then finish him off with another unit. Who cares your units return after that anyway. It kills what little there's left of strategy in this game.

Playing Classic and resetting after a unit is killed means that any unit loss = Game Over. It means that you have to play much more carefully and position your units so none gets killed.

Many say "Hey, if you reset, then it's playing Casual right?" But no, it's very much different.
---
Official Swordmaster and Husband of Say'ri from the FE Awakening board.
PSN: NatatBW P4A: Liz - BBCSX: Bang - 3s: Makoto - ST/AE12: Cammy - MBAACC: H-VSion
#7Devil_Killer_JCPosted 5/6/2013 3:34:10 PM
jonnovision1 posted...
no, if I lose ANY character I reset.

^This.

Hell, I do it even when I'm playing Casual.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#8lvalicePosted 5/6/2013 3:34:50 PM
maiminase posted...
Honestly casual mode just makes it less fun because there is no risk involved in how you play. You just throw units out the window and skip literally all animations and you will probably come out alive every single time.

I skip ALL animations anyways on Classic. Turn-based strategy was slow enough as it is, but sitting there having to look at every animation can make a 4-minute battle into a 20 minute one. Why would you watch them when you've seen the same thing happen a dozen times already.

And I disagree about people, or atleast me, rushing units to their death in casual.

I started off as casual, up to chapter 7 I deleted and restarted as Classic, got to chapter 8, and now im seriously thinking about restarting as casual. I was still taking care of my units just as much in casual as I did in classic. I'll be 95% done with a battle, and all my units having 90% or better health, and surprise, critical hit, and then I restart.

I guess for people who couldn't stand to let their units die, casual mode is a way to save them from about a hundred unnecessary resets.
#9CreepyAndNicePosted 5/6/2013 3:35:42 PM
I have a feeling NoE renamed Casual Newcomer specifically so people wouldn't feel insulted by it... -_-

That aside, yes I do, and I like every character, so... yeah.
---
Ouch! Unnecessary roughness!
Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic and the Black Knight
#10lvalicePosted 5/6/2013 3:35:49 PM
Resetting when anyone dies just makes the game way-longer than it has to be. I just wanna get it over with and read the story