I'm restarting this game as casual.

#1lvalicePosted 5/6/2013 3:26:03 PM
I know its looked down upon to play as casual, but I figure theres no difference on how the game plays seeing as I reset the game every time anyone dies.

I let a few people die to see if there were any extra sequences that made the game worth persevering with forever-gone units, but I was disappointed. I thought this was supposed to be some sort of super-deap game where every person's death shapes the outcome of the story..

I let Lissa get killed and Chrom was like... "Kaayyyy..." and acted like HIS OWN SISTER never existed. He didn't get mad, or his stats didnt change or anything.

So whats the point of classic?
#2jonnovision1Posted 5/6/2013 3:27:39 PM
you're trolling ya?
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#3SpikayaPosted 5/6/2013 3:28:04 PM
Strategy. Plot isn't the only "deep" part of video games.
---
My Face x Desk for Canon!
Ohh, great, great, attack of the supermodels. - The Doctor
#4yzmanPosted 5/6/2013 3:29:56 PM
So now you will be able to not reset when the character dies and still use them in the next chapters.

How is that the same exactly?
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#5NatatteruPosted 5/6/2013 3:30:45 PM
Your username is Ivalice, so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and I'll think you're just trolling, albeit very weakly so.
---
Official Swordmaster and Husband of Say'ri from the FE Awakening board.
PSN: NatatBW P4A: Liz - BBCSX: Bang - 3s: Makoto - ST/AE12: Cammy - MBAACC: H-VSion
#6WestbrickVIIPosted 5/6/2013 3:48:17 PM
lvalice posted...
theres no difference on how the game plays seeing as I reset the game every time anyone dies.

I want you stop for ten seconds, reflect, and seriously consider what you just said.
#7dadkwasherePosted 5/6/2013 3:49:30 PM
WestbrickVII posted...
lvalice posted...
theres no difference on how the game plays seeing as I reset the game every time anyone dies.

I want you stop for ten seconds, reflect, and seriously consider what you just said.

Westbrick's decendant has spoken.
---
Alright, MGS5!!! Ready for some more action, snake?
"Time to do some wetwork...and find political solutions. TASTY."
#8HonzouPosted 5/6/2013 3:58:30 PM
WestbrickVII posted...
lvalice posted...

Ivalice isn't wrong. The only thing that changes is that you have to reset or not. Unless you are doing a no reset run.

Fooling ya self into thinking that with casual the game lacks a "tactical thinking" element that classic mode enforces on you is nothing but a self fed lie to make oneself feel better.
---
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
The official Eligor of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#9GoIdenAcePosted 5/6/2013 4:02:04 PM
Honzou posted...
WestbrickVII posted...
lvalice posted...

Ivalice isn't wrong. The only thing that changes is that you have to reset or not. Unless you are doing a no reset run.

Fooling ya self into thinking that with casual the game lacks a "tactical thinking" element that classic mode enforces on you is nothing but a self fed lie to make oneself feel better.

I play casual only
every map I play as though it is classic (without the reseting ofcourse)
on my lunatic/TSON file i've only "lost" 5 non DLC/spotpass units, all from stupid mistakes
---
Official Husband of Anna (from paralouge 4)
(on the FE:A boards)
#10VirusLordPosted 5/6/2013 4:02:41 PM
Honzou posted...
WestbrickVII posted...
lvalice posted...

...In which case, if you're going to reset the game after each death anyway, then why would you need to restart on casual? Seriously.
---
Ruler of the Unknown Universe
"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality." - Emil, ToS:DotNW