I'm restarting this game as casual.

#31tw1g_007Posted 5/6/2013 5:27:23 PM
Lil_Puddin posted...
Also, Casual/Classic is really the same as soon as you introduce GRINDING into the mix. You will pretty much never die after grinding to the max

Just that bolded statement alone makes me want to call you a troll and ignore everything else. Wow.

This board is something else.
---
Fire Emblem Awakening is the BEST thing that ever happened to the 3DS and yet people on GameFAQs abuse their 3DS by having SEX with it
#32HonzouPosted 5/6/2013 5:30:55 PM
tw1g_007 posted...
Lil_Puddin posted...
Also, Casual/Classic is really the same as soon as you introduce GRINDING into the mix. You will pretty much never die after grinding to the max

Just that bolded statement alone makes me want to call you a troll and ignore everything else. Wow.

Well his argument only holds until Hard Mode unless one is dumb enough to 1 range counter units.... After that.. lol
---
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
The official Eligor of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#33tw1g_007Posted 5/6/2013 5:32:30 PM
Honzou posted...
tw1g_007 posted...
Lil_Puddin posted...

Well his argument only holds until Hard Mode unless one is dumb enough to 1 range counter units.... After that.. lol

Its not like he made any stipulations by saying that. The 1 range comment you made got me loling though.
---
Fire Emblem Awakening is the BEST thing that ever happened to the 3DS and yet people on GameFAQs abuse their 3DS by having SEX with it
#34Lil_PuddinPosted 5/6/2013 6:22:03 PM
tw1g_007 posted...

Your seriousness kind of makes me sad.
---
I juss dun understayand.
#35WestbrickVIIPosted 5/6/2013 6:27:27 PM
Honzou posted...
What's stopping me from playing Casual while implementing Classic mode tactics? Mhhmm?

Nothing, but then you're playing Casual with restrictions that make it play exactly like Classic, so there's no reason not to select Classic in the first place.
#36almostexactlyPosted 5/6/2013 6:53:31 PM
lvalice posted...

I let Lissa get killed and Chrom was like... "Kaayyyy..." and acted like HIS OWN SISTER never existed. He didn't get mad, or his stats didnt change or anything.

Not that it does influence the story if anyone dies in Classic, but Lissa's quote is just a retreat quote. She doesn't die, even in Classic.

I mean, you won't be able to deploy her again, but she's not dead.
#37Wandering__HeroPosted 5/7/2013 2:59:08 AM
If you grind the game then whine that its too easy, you are an idiot.
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
Official Generic Village Girl of the FE13 board
#38JudeasPosted 5/7/2013 3:21:09 AM
I think it would be good if there was a mode between Casual and Classic.
One where it plays classically for story missions and paralogues, but casually for things like skirmishes or spotpass teams or golden gaffe/exponential growth.
I don't want to have to worry about people dieing during those. Or not paying proper attention because im rushing through them. But if the battle is important I'd be much more inclined to pay attention.

But thats just me.
---
And then God created Saturn...and he liked it, so he put a ring on it.
#39solarisjediPosted 5/7/2013 4:54:14 AM
tw1g_007 posted...
Honzou posted...
You CAN play casual to the same degree of tactical thought as Classic.

If you can then why not just play classic? What are you so scared of if this is the case? Smh. (You realise its elitist comments like this that lead to flame wars, right?)

You CAN think beyond simply diving bombing--even though some of you have shown the lack of ability to do so unless the game tells you--and not rely on Classic to achieve the level of play.

Read my prior comment, what's stopping you from just playing classic then?

I am all for people playing whatever mode they want. That's the business. What I hate seeing is terrible explanations justifying why because it almost always comes out completely wrong.

Heres some justification: Some people just like to be able to employ tactical thinking into a strategy game without being forced to do it to absolute perfection. That gets frustrating after awhile, and for some people it can really enjoyment draining (though for those kind of people, I really would recommend playing on harder difficulties - even without newcomer, the latter half of the game isn't challenging at all on normal once you have your final team set up).

Don't look down on people just because they enjoy things differently than you do.
---
Official Nidoking of the Pokemon Boards
#40Rideps1Posted 5/7/2013 7:13:31 AM(edited)
solarisjedi posted...
tw1g_007 posted...
Honzou posted...
You CAN play casual to the same degree of tactical thought as Classic.

If you can then why not just play classic? What are you so scared of if this is the case? Smh. (You realise its elitist comments like this that lead to flame wars, right?)

You CAN think beyond simply diving bombing--even though some of you have shown the lack of ability to do so unless the game tells you--and not rely on Classic to achieve the level of play.

Read my prior comment, what's stopping you from just playing classic then?

I am all for people playing whatever mode they want. That's the business. What I hate seeing is terrible explanations justifying why because it almost always comes out completely wrong.

Heres some justification: Some people just like to be able to employ tactical thinking into a strategy game without being forced to do it to absolute perfection. That gets frustrating after awhile, and for some people it can really enjoyment draining (though for those kind of people, I really would recommend playing on harder difficulties - even without newcomer, the latter half of the game isn't challenging at all on normal once you have your final team set up).

Don't look down on people just because they enjoy things differently than you do.

And some people feel the opposite, so why do people tell them "You reset? Just play casual, doofus."
---
If I ever had a kid, I'd want a daughter like Morgan. Y'know, one who tries to lure me into pitfall traps. ~~C_D_M