Gen 1 Father Tier List

#1DemiseEndPosted 5/6/2013 10:03:56 PM
Because I'm damn sure I know about them enough to write this
MU, Chrom, and spotpass are excluded

S Merc Acess Tier:
Gregor
Donnel

Both of them gives the essential mercenary line, and Galeforce for Donnel, Vantage for Gregor, alongside some more class from Gregor.

A Limited Merc acess AKA Vaike Tier.
Vaike

AT, Sol, and DG+ and solid mods. This guy is good. Sadly, the lack of female who can REALLY use him is lacking, namely Cynthia and he is BY FAR the most gender troubled father in the game(which btw stopped him from being S Tier). Screw you IS

Gaius

Galeforce and Sol is amazing, Vantage is also a plus. As it is, Gaius is one of those father who is good, but is not globally good and have gender issue ALA Vaike

B DG+, Luna, and Henry Tier:
It should be noted that in a final team, these dudes are good for filler unit thanks to their pool of support skills

Stahl
Frederick

Unique utility father with DG+, Luna, and PG(Fred) or Vantage + Aegis only. Any child fathered by them will become an amazing support unit that comes in different form. In particular, Fred also produced one of the best main unit AND the best support unit in the game in form of Severa. They are arguably the top father for Yarne, Gerome, and Severa. Yes, I should point out the Irony how they looks alike

Ricken
Kellam

They are essentially mini Frederick and mini Stahl. Kellam gives Thief line, with Assassin line and their amazing pair up bonus, while Ricken gives Tomefaire. Ricken!Severa is actually mostly better than Fred's Deliverer Severa as the best support unit in the game so that's worth a mention

Henry

Henry is cursed(lol) for being a highly contested father, including by Sumia. Henry + DG+ is the recipe to an ideal supporting unit, thanks Zerker + Anathema + Assassin. In fact, Henry!Brady is downright the Male Ultimate Support Unit in min maxing. Cherche vs Sumia is the big problem on min maxing, and for good reason

C At least he gives tome using class:
Virion

Nuff said. 2 of the more worthless class(Breaker are pretty cool I guess), and a tome using class which salvaged him. Better love dat Tomefaire

D almost total ****:
Lon'Qu

If you did not know about this yet, lurk more. When the only pairing where you are legitimale good are broken from the start, you have a problem.
That being said, Lon'Qu has quite a lot of niche in his own rights

So, yeah this is going to be the Draft for my parent rating threads, so gimme some suggestion

Namely

- As a supporter Trickster gives Mag, Skill, speed, and Mov. This is amazing, and arguably the best magical unit pair up partner bonus in the game. This come with terrible offensive parameter as a downside
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#2tw1g_007Posted 5/6/2013 10:07:40 PM
Wow. Seems pretty damn accurate although I would definitely place Ricken much higher at A rank. This guy is so damn good as a father for too many magic oriented kids. Even kids negative magic modifiers has him balancing them out completely. Amazing father for sure.
---
Fire Emblem Awakening is the BEST thing that ever happened to the 3DS and yet people on GameFAQs abuse their 3DS by having SEX with it
#3jonnovision1Posted 5/6/2013 10:08:54 PM
remember the days when Lon'qu was considered God-tier father-material? good times.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#4DemiseEnd(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 10:13:29 PM
Ricken is the hardest father to put around. Being a Male DG+ is extremely amazing, and he has Palladin.
---
#5SiegedEaglePosted 5/6/2013 10:17:03 PM
Huh? Where's Libra?

And I still don't get why Lon'qu is on the bottom of the tier. Help?
---
In the name of the Fang, I sentence you to death.
Official husband of Severa ||| Brady's Bizarre Adventure: http://i.imgur.com/6lYXGNn.png
#6link_15Posted 5/6/2013 10:17:52 PM
what exactly makes lonqu a bad father?
---
http://i.minus.com/izxgfHjTzPAFN.jpg
#7Devil_Killer_JCPosted 5/6/2013 10:18:47 PM
jonnovision1 posted...
remember the days when Lon'qu was considered God-tier father-material? good times.

LoL, I remember that. That's when everyone was only looking at mods instead of skills AND mods.

That being said, Lon'qu only works for Severa, and to a lesser degree, Laruent and Brady.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#8DemiseEnd(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 10:25:49 PM(edited)
Yeah I'm missing Libra

Libra is about B, that's the amazing niche from Sorcerer Vengeance which can be used by magic father. Basically, a middle line beetwen Ricken and Henry

The problem with Libra is his self class overlap, which in a sense make him a B- father, thanks to Sorcerer Anathema and Vengeance being good enough to put him in same place as Virion. When compared to the highly contested Henry and DG+ units, he's a pretty shaky choice in B

Lon'Qu problem is self class overlap, lack of solid procs that everyone in B tier have, and lack of tome using class, and lack of DG+ and tome using class.
He gives vantage and that's about it.
---
#9Devil_Killer_JCPosted 5/6/2013 10:31:01 PM
DemiseEnd posted...

Lon'Qu problem is self class overlap, lack of solid procs that everyone in B tier have, and lack of tome using class, and lack of DG+ and tome using class.
He gives vantage and that's about it.

Yeah, but at least there are kids that only need vantage, since they have everything else they need.

I mean, Severa has merc, dark mage and peg knight, Laruent has mage, dark mage and barbarian, and Brady has priest, mage and barbarian by default. Myrmidon rounds out all three of those class options really well (though, Brady can't do Vantage + Vengeance + wrath, but eh, it's not too bad).
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#10DemiseEnd(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 10:37:38 PM
I argue that Laurent is the only one of those that has anywhere near bad genes. As a bonus, Lon Qu!Laurent!Morgan has quite a solid gen 3 mods as has been calculated by Heoandreo

So, yeah Lon'Qu is the worst, but he does have a niche. That's why you have options in min maxing
---