Gen 1 Father Tier List

#11SazukeEXPosted 5/6/2013 10:39:20 PM
That's mean, Kjelle loves Vaike as a daddy!

Though truth of the matter is that Vaike is seriously the father Cynthia wishes she could have.

Dammit Sumia! Why marry a Prince when Teach is ready and willing?!
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#12SazukeEXPosted 5/6/2013 10:42:16 PM
Devil_Killer_JC posted...
jonnovision1 posted...
remember the days when Lon'qu was considered God-tier father-material? good times.

LoL, I remember that. That's when everyone was only looking at mods instead of skills AND mods.

That being said, Lon'qu only works for Severa, and to a lesser degree, Laruent and Brady.

He's still Godly...

But only for like a couple of the kids.

Okay, three at most and even than those kids have pretty awesome options. Though at least Severa is so decked out that she will love him for just his Mods and Vantage.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#13YinYarnPosted 5/7/2013 2:46:59 PM(edited)
I don't think Lon'Qu should be lower than Virion. Even though his classes overlap, they're at least good ones. You say Virion's selling point is mage, but Severa and Noire are the only kids that have any use for the class.

I'm looking forward to your next thread.
#14almostexactlyPosted 5/7/2013 2:56:53 PM
From that reasoning, Virion and Lon'qu seem on par in that they pass only one class related thing (Virion's Sage and Tomefaire and Lon'qu's Vantage) while giving neutral mods for magic and physical children. Class overlap doesn't seem to be a dealbreaker worth separate ranks considering that Virion is offering the niche Archer tree.
#15Ssa00Posted 5/8/2013 3:34:42 AM
The list looks arbitrary. What are the sorting criteria? If the top father produces the most top tier children, then by this thread http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65937354, henry should be the top, followed by Gregor and Gaius.
#16DemiseEnd(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 4:06:02 AM
almostexactly posted...
From that reasoning, Virion and Lon'qu seem on par in that they pass only one class related thing (Virion's Sage and Tomefaire and Lon'qu's Vantage) while giving neutral mods for magic and physical children. Class overlap doesn't seem to be a dealbreaker worth separate ranks considering that Virion is offering the niche Archer tree.

I actually considered it, hence why I sked for suggestions
The Tier List was made when I was on a break during a test, so gimme a break

@Ssa00: based on how easy it is to fit them and their skill pool

Donnel and Gregor, for example is a Top tier unit machine because they offered AT, Sol, and Galeforce or Vantage

Vaike and Gaius is higher because Vaike has potential to give AT, Luna, and Sol, and solid mods while Gaius gives 3 good skills, and Pegasus line.

The B Tier is the hardest to list because bar Libra and Henry(both of which give Sorc and a couple of nice classes in Henry case), all of them are essentially DG+ and Luna who gives a set of class to really abuse them.

The last tier is basically Virion + Lon'Qu being terrible in general

Also that topic was made during the times when Lon'Qu was still considered the best father in the game bar Gregor, and people still think Sumia has a terrible genes

So, that being said

S:
Gregor
Donnel

A:
Vaike
Gaius

B:
Ricken
Stahl
Fred
Henry

C:
Kellam
Libra

D:
Virion
Lon'Qu
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#17Ssa00Posted 5/8/2013 4:13:40 AM
DemiseEnd posted...
@Ssa00: based on how easy it is to fit them and their skill pool

Donnel and Gregor, for example is a Top tier unit machine because they offered AT, Sol, and Galeforce or Vantage

Vaike and Gaius is higher because Vaike has potential to give AT, Luna, and Sol, and solid mods while Gaius gives 3 good skills, and Pegasus line.

For how easy to fit or universality, there's no way Lonqu is at the bottom. Also, skill comparison is flawed. There's no value in skills if the children do not need them and there's little value in skills if the children can get them elsewhere/on their own. For instance, the kids who cannot inherit Galeforce from their mothers do not necessarily need it. Which was why Gaius and Donnel didn't even manage dominate as the best father for the most kids.
#18Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 5/8/2013 4:23:48 AM
is there a point to this? lol.

every potential father has his uses depending on who the child is, and some fathers are better for certain children than other fathers would be.

vaike only offers the goods to kjelle, and he's just subpar for everyone else. is that a good enough reason for him to be A rank? i would expect that the fathers who can be great on the most amount of children would be higher ranked.
---
KINGLER for president.
http://i.imgur.com/ipgZbBu.png
#19Shadow_Master_JPosted 5/8/2013 4:56:11 AM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
is there a point to this? lol.

every potential father has his uses depending on who the child is, and some fathers are better for certain children than other fathers would be.

vaike only offers the goods to kjelle, and he's just subpar for everyone else. is that a good enough reason for him to be A rank? i would expect that the fathers who can be great on the most amount of children would be higher ranked.

You know Vaike!Gerome is the right way to spell OP damage support, right? Berserker with that +7 Str mod, Axefaire, Agressor, Swordbreaker and Dual Support+ for the win. And Vaike can also give Armsthrift+Sol combo for girls in general. (Not very good for TSON, but great in Lunatic).
---
If you're reading this, CONGRATULATIONS!! You're wasting your time!!
#20DemiseEnd(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 5:46:30 AM
Gerome
Severa
Nah
Kjelle
Noire
Brady

Those are the list of child who make good use of Vaike, with the rather small exception for Gerome
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it