Two questions about marriage and how children are affected

#1RemixDeluxePosted 5/7/2013 12:30:34 AM(edited)
1. Are the children's stats determined from the moment the couple are married or from the time you enter the paralogue they belong to?
Like if the parents have maxed out stats, will the children come with maxed out stats?

2. How do you pass down the skills to your child, do you simply just marry the two people and he/she will get it?
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#2MalcolmMasherPosted 5/7/2013 12:31:59 AM
Stats/skills handed down are determined when you enter the paralogue chapter. But if you Exit the paralogue and come back to complete it later on, they will be re-determined, as often as necessary until you actually play and complete the paralogue. (The skills inherited are normally whichever skill is last in each parent's list of equipped skills; Chrom's children will always inherit fixed skills from him, though, even if he hasn't learned 'em yet.)
---
I don't like this duchy. Now, it's an adventurer.
#3RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 12:34:03 AM
Thank you
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#4Primum_MobilePosted 5/7/2013 12:35:41 AM
1. when you enter the paralogue they belong to

2. each parent will pass down the last equipped skill, except for chrom as noted above.
parents will pass down their available classes to the children, though gender issue (or just parent quirk) might change the exact class that pass down.
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#5RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 12:45:20 AM
Primum_Mobile posted...

2. each parent will pass down the last equipped skill, except for chrom as noted above.
parents will pass down their available classes to the children, though gender issue (or just parent quirk) might change the exact class that pass down.

I'm trying my best to understand the exception with Chrom. Is it because Lucina and Chrom are both Lords that she is able to get all of his skills? Don't the other children share the same class as the parents or at least the mother?
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#6banjo kazooiePosted 5/7/2013 12:52:58 AM
Remixdeluxe posted...
Primum_Mobile posted...

I'm trying my best to understand the exception with Chrom. Is it because Lucina and Chrom are both Lords that she is able to get all of his skills? Don't the other children share the same class as the parents or at least the mother?

Chrom has no gender exclusive classes. That's why Lucina can get all his skills. Him always passing Rightful King or Aether is an exception to the inheritance rules deliberately added by the developers.

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/children.html
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
#7RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 12:57:41 AM
That page pretty much answers all my questions. Thanks.
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog