Which child needs MaMU the most?

#1jlee479Posted 5/7/2013 2:14:37 AM
Been looking around best pairings but it seems like MaMU is left out of these topics quite often as he is considered the best father for all due to his class pool.

I realize that some people will suggest one of sully, tharja or nowi for galeforce (mostly tharja it seems)... but does that mean they need mu just because of galeforce? Or is there someone else in need of MaMU more then anyone else?

Or to rephrase that... any child out there that gets often left out with a not very optimal father?

Im looking at cynthia atm because her daddy pool is so limited (and Im already looking at giving some of those dads away to others)

What do you guys think?
---
Kweh. Kweh!? KWEEEEEH!!!!!!!!!!!!
#2Number_0nePosted 5/7/2013 2:23:21 AM
It really depends on your asset and flaw, but I'm inclined to say Nowi for Manakete Morgan and a better Nah.
---
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
#3IceDissolverPosted 5/7/2013 2:50:13 AM
Cynthia has everything she needs from Sumia already. Galeforce, Luna, Dual Guard+, and Tomefaire make her a great Dark Flier support.

MU x Sully is pretty much for Galeforce, as Kjelle already has amazing options to be a frontliner.

Nah doesn't really need MU either... if she plans on ending in Manakete. Manakete speed caps are a little too low to make full use of Galeforce in the hardest DLCs. Still, MU makes Nah better... Just not by that much.

The reason why you see mostly Tharja is because Noire kinda sucks without MU. The best she can do is be a full-time Sage support with Ricken... or some other dad that gives Sage. Or Nosferatu tanking if Tharja x Gregor. She does get a full set of Limit Break, Armsthrift, Vantage, Wrath, and Vengeance. A lot of people will argue that Gregor's better used for other kids though.
#4jlee479(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 3:02:39 AM
Ah ok... but you see here's the dilemma...

I was pairing up the other children and i ended up coming to cynthia last, and then realized I used up all of her dads other then MU...

Chrom x Olivia
Henry x Maribelle
Gaius x Nowi
Fred x Cherche

Should I look at moving Henry to Sumia and going someone else for Maribelle? Maybe Ricken?
---
#5DemiseEndPosted 5/7/2013 3:16:58 AM(edited)
Lissa is arguably and ironically the best usage of MU genes, which about ties with Maribelle. Lissa is a bit on higher priority because Owain did not have a complete pack like Brady's acess to DG+ and Luna right off the bat

Cynthia is more of a "good for Morgan" thanks to Sumia's extremely good base genes, and being arguably the best gen 1 for an amazing parental pair up fodder.

Nah and Noire comes next Noire is essentially alternate Cynthia while Nah is gives double Dragon combo and some solid genes if not for her terribad speed mods

Kjelle has the whole "Vaike and Donnel dillema" around her, but she is basically yet another alternate Cynthia. Sully is not as good as Sumia though
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#6Col_MobiusPosted 5/7/2013 3:31:08 AM
jlee479 posted...

I was pairing up the other children and i ended up coming to cynthia last, and then realized I used up all of her dads other then MU...

Chrom x Olivia
Henry x Maribelle
Gaius x Nowi
Fred x Cherche

Should I look at moving Henry to Sumia and going someone else for Maribelle? Maybe Ricken?

I'd move Chrom to Sumia, personally. I really like Sumia!Lucina.
---
3DS FC: 0533-4140-9968
#7IceDissolverPosted 5/7/2013 3:36:45 AM
jlee479 posted...

Chrom x Olivia
Henry x Maribelle
Gaius x Nowi
Fred x Cherche

That is troublesome...

Well, MU x Sumia isn't bad. With that, Cynthia can become a main unit instead of support, but it's debatable how far of a boost that is.

Brady's much like Cynthia in that he's naturally good at supporting. He gets Sage with Galeforce, Tomefaire, Luna, Dual Guard+. So you can pair Maribelle with whoever you want if you plan on using Brady as a support Sage.

Gaius x Nowi is for Galeforce, so I don't really have much to say about that.

Cherche x Fred is for a tanking Hero Gerome, right? I don't really have much to say about that either.

Well... If you want to do Sumia x Henry, you should be aware of two things. One, It kinda wastes Henry's Berserker genes, which are really great for those male pair up supporters. Two, Cynthia doesn't get Armsthrift if she goes Sorcerer. However, it's not a bad choice. It gives Cynthia a good magic modifier, and she can make use of Anathema if you have her support a crit stacker. You just have to decide what you find better.

After all, Sumia has to marry someone, and it won't be Chrom or Gaius, so it has to be Henry or Fred. And Fred doesn't give Cynthia anything of importance. (Not that she needs anything, of course, but...)

Anyway, just take your pick between the two. Both Fred and Henry are wanted by the other women, so you just have to make sure Sumia steals one away.
#8IceDissolverPosted 5/7/2013 3:45:40 AM
IceDissolver posted...
Cherche x Fred is for a tanking Hero Gerome, right? I don't really have much to say about that either.

Wait. Actually, I just thought of something. Gerome lacks Armsthrift, so you won't be able to use stuff like Helswath unless you like farming Infinite Regalia a lot. Gerome will either be stuck to forged Short Axes or 1 range. You should take that into consideration too.
#9jlee479(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 3:55:09 AM
Thanks for your post...

btw I go back on doing Ricken!Brady, the Cavalier line is kind of wasted since brady already comes with it

Also, I was actually planning on going support Gerome, but now that you mention it, he gets Pavise, Aegis and Sol... you think he makes a solid frontline tank?
---
#10DemiseEndPosted 5/7/2013 3:57:40 AM
Fred!Gerome make a Solid Supporter and Hybridized support Gerome.

Brady is one of REALLY few child who can take Lon'Qu, but Henry is better for Brady. if Henry has been used, use Lon'Qu on Brady, its pretty cool.

Alternatively, just dump Lon'Qu into Severa or Laurent
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it