Taguel help... *spoilers if you don't know what marriage is about*

#21BedsheetGhostPosted 5/7/2013 1:19:40 PM
RDS1 posted...
BedsheetGhost posted...

1. There is literally no difference between MaMU and FeMU other than gender and marriage options.

2. But many players do gimmicky runs. How many times have you seen people start a pt only using females or magic users and other self-imposed challenges. Heck, eventually I'll get to playthroughs I do simply because I want to see what a kid is like with MU as the parent or a manakete Morgan.

3. So what if you think of a new idea later on and delete the file? It's not a big deal. If you eventually stop having fun with it and want to do something else, that's pretty normal.

4. No, I don't know you and I don't know why someone would put up with those restrictions. Unless you have OCD or something similar, it's pretty foolish. If you can't put aside whatever prejudices you have to enjoy the game to it's fullest extent, maybe you should play another game.

1. Male MU has models I don't like, voices I don't like, and can't be any of my favorite classes.

2. There's a difference between a "gimmicky run" and a run whose sole purpose is the creation of a single character.

3. The big deal is that if I went with the practical alternative instead, I wouldn't have to delete the file because it's not taking up the last save slot.

4. But I do enjoy this game. I complain because I'd like to enjoy it better, sure, but that doesn't mean I don't have fun playing it. Or are you suggesting I shouldn't be allowed to play at all unless I completely dissociate myself from the style I have when playing this game, continually doing things I'm not comfortable with in the name of greater benefit to the game itself?

1. Fair enough. You could always switch to Japanese voices to solve the voice problem, though. :p

2. Sometimes the gimmick is that sole character. See: Manakete Morgan

3. Okay, I think I'm misunderstanding here. Either way, you're deleting a file, right? So I don't see the issue.

4. Hey, I've got preferences when playing too, but I'm capable of overlooking them if I want to try something out. I'm just saying if you CAN'T overlook it, then that's that. You don't play Female!Taguel!Morgan. So it's best to move on to something else.
---
My karma ran over your dogma.
#22Shadow_Master_JPosted 5/7/2013 1:30:48 PM
I was talking metaphorically. I see your posts now and then.

What I meant is that you rarely appear around to see that I already tried to discuss with RDS once (I think someone else tried, too). I noticed I lost when I saw I was discussing with a woman. You just don't win in this case. If you do, it's either because they allowed you to win or because they were very wrong to begin with. And there's nothing wrong in preference... Even if it is on extreme levels.
---
If you're reading this, CONGRATULATIONS!! You're wasting your time!!
#23RDS1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 1:54:11 PM
BedsheetGhost posted...
1. Fair enough. You could always switch to Japanese voices to solve the voice problem, though. :p

3. Okay, I think I'm misunderstanding here. Either way, you're deleting a file, right? So I don't see the issue.

4. Hey, I've got preferences when playing too, but I'm capable of overlooking them if I want to try something out. I'm just saying if you CAN'T overlook it, then that's that. You don't play Female!Taguel!Morgan. So it's best to move on to something else.

3. Well, see, at the moment I have two files, a "permanent" FeMU file and a "permanent" MaMU file. Now, my FeMU file has some pairings I ended up not liking, so I'm already intending to "replace" it with another "permanent" FeMU file. If I make a file for Taguel Female Morgan, then, it would be in the currently-empty third file. If, afterwards, I wanted to make a different gimmick file, I'd need to delete a file first, and the obvious choice is the only non-"permanent" one, File 3. However, since this gimmick is just one character, I could easily fit it into my new FeMU file and not have to lose it if I want a new gimmick file.

Basically, if I have Male MU marry Panne for Female Morgan, then I'll like Morgan better, but I won't like MU as much, and the file will likely be deleted soon anyway. On the other hand, if I have FeMU marry Yarne for Male Morgan, I'll like Morgan less, but I still have FeMU, and since the file likely won't be deleted for a while I'll be able to keep my Taguel Morgan around longer. But, again, I won't like him as much.

4. I'm capable of overlooking my preferences if I want to try something out. That's the point of this topic, after all: no matter which option I go with, it'll involve doing something I don't really want to do. I'm asking for opinions because I'm not sure which one is preferable. After all, Female Morgan is better, in my opinion, but she also comes with a lot more drawbacks than Male Morgan does. Basically, "is she so much more preferable to her male counterpart that the extra drawbacks become worth it?" is the question I want to find an answer to.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#24The_KoreyPosted 5/7/2013 7:15:30 PM
dudenamedgeorge posted...
My main issue with the tanguel... why, oh, why bunnies? I know cats and dogs are over done, but really? Rabbits?

Well cats, birds, wolves, and dragons were already taken by the Laguz from FE9/10. Without the easiest options available, "giant killer rabbits" isn't too outlandish to fall back on.

I'd have gone for bears, personally, but I guess they wanted an agile class instead of an awesome one.

No-no, I like outlandish. As for agile, I'd have much appreciated boar, bats, goats or even hedgehogs or raccoons, presuming most of those exist in FE worlds. But not blasted lagomorphs.
---
Well, I should be asleep... but stupid insomnia. :( ~OcarinaofToast
#25Mudkip_in_SpacePosted 5/7/2013 7:24:37 PM
How picky. How terribly awful is Male Robin that you can't pick

Type 1
Long Hair
Pink Hair
Bishounen eyes
Voice 1

Name him Vyse and call it a day.

(Besides, I love my Cross-Player run)
---
Any suggestions for a husband for Maribelle?
Why are Kairi's early game fetch quests so tedious?
#26BedsheetGhostPosted 5/7/2013 7:40:39 PM
RDS1 posted...
BedsheetGhost posted...

3. Well, see, at the moment I have two files, a "permanent" FeMU file and a "permanent" MaMU file. Now, my FeMU file has some pairings I ended up not liking, so I'm already intending to "replace" it with another "permanent" FeMU file. If I make a file for Taguel Female Morgan, then, it would be in the currently-empty third file. If, afterwards, I wanted to make a different gimmick file, I'd need to delete a file first, and the obvious choice is the only non-"permanent" one, File 3. However, since this gimmick is just one character, I could easily fit it into my new FeMU file and not have to lose it if I want a new gimmick file.

Basically, if I have Male MU marry Panne for Female Morgan, then I'll like Morgan better, but I won't like MU as much, and the file will likely be deleted soon anyway. On the other hand, if I have FeMU marry Yarne for Male Morgan, I'll like Morgan less, but I still have FeMU, and since the file likely won't be deleted for a while I'll be able to keep my Taguel Morgan around longer. But, again, I won't like him as much.

4. I'm capable of overlooking my preferences if I want to try something out. That's the point of this topic, after all: no matter which option I go with, it'll involve doing something I don't really want to do. I'm asking for opinions because I'm not sure which one is preferable. After all, Female Morgan is better, in my opinion, but she also comes with a lot more drawbacks than Male Morgan does. Basically, "is she so much more preferable to her male counterpart that the extra drawbacks become worth it?" is the question I want to find an answer to.

Heh, that's actually like what I have going on. I have a "main" Male MU file (my first pt) and a "main" FeMU file, so I also only have the third file to try new ones with. Because the main MaMU file was my first, the children aren't optimal so I will end up replacing it eventually (probably after the last Future of Despair DLC comes out. They aren't fit for TSON, unlike my FeMU file which is full of gods). So I think I get you now.

Well I guess it all comes down to how badly you want to play a female Morgan Taguel. If you don't want to waste a run just for one character, try combining it with another playthrough idea that involves a Male MU.
---
My karma ran over your dogma.
#27RDS1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 7:45:15 PM
Mudkip_in_Space posted...
How picky. How terribly awful is Male Robin that you can't pick

Type 1
Long Hair
Pink Hair
Bishounen eyes
Voice 1

Name him Vyse and call it a day.

(Besides, I love my Cross-Player run)

Type 1 is too tall, I don't really like sharp-looking eyes, and I'm used to teal hair. Also, all the male voices bother me.
---
#28RDS1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 10:40:51 AM
So... what else can I do in a Male MU file that doesn't involve getting married or Morgan? I guess "make super-Yarne do something awesome" is the start of an idea...

Maybe I could make a Maribelle!Lucina for support log purposes and have her marry Yarne? Then Chrom could marry Sully in that file where I don't intend to ever use Lucina and I'll finish his section of the log without really crippling Lucina in any serious playthrough...

Actually, maybe I should do the Aida playthrough first; then I could keep Bunny Morgan around longer. This would be so much less of a problem if I could save Morgans in the avatar logbook...
---
#29RDS1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 4:07:09 PM
On a related note, for either situation, is it more important to improve their strong stats, or shore up their weak stats? For example, Panne has high Strength and Speed, but low Resistance. If I use a +Res MU like I normally do, that would improve Morgan's Resistance by a lot, but I don't know if that's less valuable than making her high stats even higher.
---
#30delcidaelfPosted 5/11/2013 4:15:12 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]