Taguel help... *spoilers if you don't know what marriage is about*

#31RDS1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 3:17:18 PM
That doesn't really help my asset/flaw dilemma.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#32Rideps1Posted 5/11/2013 3:44:30 PM
Speed is king, so I'd do that.
---
If I ever had a kid, I'd want a daughter like Morgan. Y'know, one who tries to lure me into pitfall traps. ~~C_D_M
#33RDS1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 3:52:25 PM
Resistance boosts speed anyway.
---
#34Rideps1Posted 5/11/2013 3:57:41 PM
Well what is your usual flaw? And I'd take the larger speed boost over the res. Even res low MU has respectable res growth to pass on. Not to mention that gives more avoid and next to no chance for the bunny to get doubled.
---
If I ever had a kid, I'd want a daughter like Morgan. Y'know, one who tries to lure me into pitfall traps. ~~C_D_M
#35PikachuPosted 5/11/2013 4:04:56 PM
I think +6 Spd is enough with +Res, with the speed growth differences being rather negligible for the kids. Panne already passes ridiculous speed growths and stat mods, so I'd say that you can't go wrong with +Res.
---
Pika!
#36RDS1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 4:07:36 PM
Well, it used to be Speed; lately I've been trying Defense and I think I like that better.

And I just really like Resistance. I get that Speed is really important and probably better overall, but Resistance feels more like "me", so I tend to value it higher.
---
#37Czar_YoshiPosted 5/11/2013 4:29:18 PM
delcidaelf posted...
If you go the FeMU marrying Yarne route, you'll have a much better Morgan since 3rd gen is ridiculous.

Also access to Galeforce. It bugs me that FeMorgan can't do the Pegasus Knight line.

What?

FeMorgan gets Pegasus Knight...

If +Res is what you like, get +Res. This isn't a TSON team or anything, and as long as it doesn't hinder you in combat it's not that important. Yarne can get Res+10 anyway so he doesn't really care, though.

And I agree that Morgan should be savable to the Avatar Logbook.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
See how my mustache moves in the wind!
#38RDS1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 10:28:22 AM
So, taguels always count as Beast-type units, which means Beast Slayer lances might be a problem. To combat that, should I use Lancebreaker or Pavise? Lancebreaker's -50 Hit makes Morgan more likely to dodge (the high Speed and Luck boosts from Beaststone+ helps, too), and is always active, unlike Pavise, which needs a skill proc. On the other hand, the setup I have in mind gives Morgan about 70 Skill, which seems like a very reasonable proc chance, and if I'm not playing the more difficult DLC missions (where enemy hit rates are so high that Lancebreaker won't be of as much help), enemies aren't likely to do enough damage to trouble me.

Or should I use a different skill instead? Or just ignore the issue entirely?
---
#39Rideps1Posted 5/14/2013 10:41:33 AM
RDS1 posted...
So, taguels always count as Beast-type units, which means Beast Slayer lances might be a problem. To combat that, should I use Lancebreaker or Pavise? Lancebreaker's -50 Hit makes Morgan more likely to dodge (the high Speed and Luck boosts from Beaststone+ helps, too), and is always active, unlike Pavise, which needs a skill proc. On the other hand, the setup I have in mind gives Morgan about 70 Skill, which seems like a very reasonable proc chance, and if I'm not playing the more difficult DLC missions (where enemy hit rates are so high that Lancebreaker won't be of as much help), enemies aren't likely to do enough damage to trouble me.

Or should I use a different skill instead? Or just ignore the issue entirely?

I would go with Pavise myself. The speed of a Taguel should give you decent dodge anyway. Being able to tank half the attacks that get through is a great bonus, I would say.
---
Possibly the Kellam of the FE:A boards.
But no one notices enough to make it official...