Marriage Pairing Questions

#1AdventureaPosted 5/7/2013 8:41:39 AM
There seems to be a common agreement on who to best marry with.

However, as I'm only borrowing the game for a short while from a friend, I'm playing on Normal / Casual and really don't quite care so seriously about the amazing skills or stats distribution. I'd rather pair people that have interesting Support conversations or don't get along super well.

I've already paired Sully x Varion, Chrom x Olivia.

Also, do all the children start with the same base class, no matter who I marry? (Will Sully's Child always start as a Knight, for example?)

Thanks for answering.
#2JainayPosted 5/7/2013 8:44:17 AM
Their baseclass will always be the same, they will always inherit both parents LAST equipped skill (except if they are the children of Chrom, his daughters inherit Aether and his sons inherit Rightful King).

And yeah, since you're playing on normal there's really nothing wrong with just going with the flow and making it your game, there's no need for specific pairings to get the optimized stat growths and all.
#3Strawberry_EggsPosted 5/7/2013 8:48:53 AM(edited)
Yes, the children start with the same base class regardless of who their father is. The exception is Morgan, whose starting class depends on his/her non-Avatar parent.
---
My 25 Most Favorite Games - http://www.unikgamer.com/members/strawberryeggs-786.html
Official Nah of the Fire Emblem: Awakening board.
#4Adventurea(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 8:51:22 AM
Thanks for the swift replies. I didn't expect answers so quickly for some reason.

Always glad when the fans of RPGs I don't play often answer my questions without bickering or being all snotty. So again, thanks for the quick replies, I'll continue playing and marry people as I see fit.
#5Strawberry_EggsPosted 5/7/2013 9:11:43 AM
I rarely see anyone here be critical about someone choosing to marry people based on something other than optimization.

State that a certain father is better for a child than another, though, then the fur starts to fly. :P
---
My 25 Most Favorite Games - http://www.unikgamer.com/members/strawberryeggs-786.html
Official Nah of the Fire Emblem: Awakening board.