For all his talk of "Destiny" and "Fate" *SPOILERS*

#1gunmetallPosted 5/7/2013 9:29:20 PM
Validar sure is ultimately kinda ineffective at proving his "point".

I think he got off too easy. Part of me really really really wishes either the MU or Chrom give him one last speech to him about how much he sucks.
---
Put your guns on!
#2katellaPosted 5/7/2013 9:31:39 PM
Especially his first failure as a random noob assassin. That was funny after he later appears in the story as a supposed main antagonist.
---
If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic~
If I exist, female gamer's exist, deal with it.
#3Wolf_McWolfPosted 5/7/2013 10:12:02 PM
I think the best part about it is that not only is Validar a total failure, Grima himself is dumb enough to effectively save the future he cams from by leaving it, only to proceed to get his ass handed to him in the time he goes to, so he basically doublefails. They're almost as terrible at being villains as Team Rocket.
---
Yar har fiddle dee dee.
#4Spitz_of_TFFPosted 5/7/2013 10:17:34 PM
About that...

TR's gotten better, from what I've heard of BW.

Yay TVTropes.
---
I'm Insane! Who wants cookies?!
As far as I'm concerned, Humanity's totally screwed
#5Ari917Posted 5/7/2013 10:17:42 PM
Wolf_McWolf posted...
I think the best part about it is that not only is Validar a total failure, Grima himself is dumb enough to effectively save the future he cams from by leaving it, only to proceed to get his ass handed to him in the time he goes to, so he basically doublefails. They're almost as terrible at being villains as Team Rocket.

Prepare for Trouble! And make it double!

To ensure the world devastation! To enslave all people within our nation!

To announce the evils of change and diversion! To extend our reach to the continents beyond!

Aversa! Validar!

Team Grima blast off at the speed of darkness! Surrender now or prepare to die!
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#6gunmetall(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 10:22:09 PM
Validar makes Team Rocket look even more competent, and we're not even supposed to take Team Rocket seriously, even though the recent seasons have made them come off as much capable.

Oh and as that extra "@#$^ YOU" to Validar and Grima, you can have the Male MU marry Lissa or Emmeryn , or have the Female MU marry Chrom.
---
Put your guns on!
#7gunmetall(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 11:18:24 PM
Yeah...

I'll say it again out of aching desire for this missed opportunity: MU or Chrom should've had a post-battle speech given to Validar which should more or less, be a biting, vicious "Reason You Suck" speech to him. Such a missed opportunity.
---
Put your guns on!
#8WestbrickVIIPosted 5/8/2013 3:01:30 AM
Wolf_McWolf posted...

I've never heard a good explanation for this.
#9NewbieN00bPosted 5/8/2013 3:38:59 AM
WestbrickVII posted...
Wolf_McWolf posted...

I've never heard a good explanation for this.

I thought you left, WB? (or of course, you have an imitator)

And there isn't. I get the idea that the game designers originally went with the whole 'new future erases the old one' then changed their mind and forgot to give Grima a motivation.

To be honest, the story could have worked(by basically making the story more similar to the original timeline) without Grima following Lucina back, but, eh.

There really isn't, and it really looks like the story planner changed his mind on how the old timeline would exist or not midway through.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#10Strawberry_EggsPosted 5/8/2013 3:48:09 AM
I got the impression that Grima genuinely didn't know that time traveling would causes a branching of universes. Naga apparently has been devising the ritual for some time, so the magic for time traveling hasn't been around long at all. Grima thought they were going to change the past and he followed, not realizing that he will cause his own undoing.
---
My 25 Most Favorite Games - http://www.unikgamer.com/members/strawberryeggs-786.html
Official Nah of the Fire Emblem: Awakening board.