For all his talk of "Destiny" and "Fate" *SPOILERS*

#21WestbrickVIIPosted 5/8/2013 7:41:16 AM
qwertyman2002 posted...
No one understand anything about time travel.

We just all make assumptions based on how it works and try to piece parts of it together based on "what would make sense" when time travel doesn't even make sense in the first place.

Awakening establishes a pretty straightforward multiverse time-travel logic. It doesn't matter if that's how time travel "actually" works.
#22qwertyman2002Posted 5/8/2013 8:03:44 AM
WestbrickVII posted...
qwertyman2002 posted...
No one understand anything about time travel.

We just all make assumptions based on how it works and try to piece parts of it together based on "what would make sense" when time travel doesn't even make sense in the first place.

Awakening establishes a pretty straightforward multiverse time-travel logic. It doesn't matter if that's how time travel "actually" works.

That's great and all.

Too bad that only gets established after everyone time travels.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/qwertyman/caterpie.gif
Hey look, it's qwertyman2002, let's read his posts!
#23CreepGnomePosted 5/8/2013 8:09:09 AM(edited)
The only things worse than plots that revolve around time travel are the idiotic fan discussions about how time travel works that are based on literally nothing because time travel isn't possible.
---
Ma-shi-nuh, because there's no such thing as a "correct" way to pronounce things.-zero7717 on pronunciation of Machina
http://i.imgur.com/eJDEa.png
#24AphophPosted 5/8/2013 9:40:04 AM
NewbieN00b posted...
To be honest, the story could have worked(by basically making the story more similar to the original timeline) without Grima following Lucina back, but, eh.

But what about the final boss?
#25Shadow_Master_JPosted 5/8/2013 9:55:09 AM
Aphoph posted...
NewbieN00b posted...
To be honest, the story could have worked(by basically making the story more similar to the original timeline) without Grima following Lucina back, but, eh.

But what about the final boss?

We could live with a better developed Walhart-arc very well instead of that attempt to copy FE4.
---
If you're reading this, CONGRATULATIONS!! You're wasting your time!!
#26katellaPosted 5/8/2013 1:45:46 PM
Strawberry_Eggs posted...
I got the impression that Grima genuinely didn't know that time traveling would causes a branching of universes. Naga apparently has been devising the ritual for some time, so the magic for time traveling hasn't been around long at all. Grima thought they were going to change the past and he followed, not realizing that he will cause his own undoing.

Yeah, pretty much what strawberry_shortcake said. Half of grima(MU) was affected by the "bond with others" so he was only at half his strength and that pretty much led to his demise! Im pretty sure MU sacrificing them self is canon and comes back from the "bonds" for a non-sense happy ending. But happy ending is necessary otherwise all of the supports would make it very, very sad like P3's social links. That game made me cry u.u
---
If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic~
If I exist, female gamer's exist, deal with it.
#27WestbrickVIIPosted 5/8/2013 1:48:42 PM
katella posted...
I got the impression that Grima genuinely didn't know that time traveling would causes a branching of universes. Naga apparently has been devising the ritual for some time, so the magic for time traveling hasn't been around long at all. Grima thought they were going to change the past and he followed, not realizing that he will cause his own undoing.

Yeah, pretty much what strawberry_shortcake said. Half of grima(MU) was affected by the "bond with others" so he was only at half his strength and that pretty much led to his demise! Im pretty sure MU sacrificing them self is canon and comes back from the "bonds" for a non-sense happy ending. But happy ending is necessary otherwise all of the supports would make it very, very sad like P3's social links. That game made me cry u.u

This is wrong. There are no "two halves" of Grima -- there are at least four different Grimas, each one corresponding to one of the four known timelines, and perhaps even more.

lmfao @ Awakening making you cry
#28katellaPosted 5/8/2013 1:53:05 PM
WestbrickVII posted...
katella posted...

This is wrong. There are no "two halves" of Grima -- there are at least four different Grimas, each one corresponding to one of the four known timelines, and perhaps even more.

lmfao @ Awakening making you cry

2 halves in the main setting of the story. And it was P3 not awakening. Awakening had its touching moments with supports but thats all.
---
If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic~
If I exist, female gamer's exist, deal with it.
#29WestbrickVIIPosted 5/8/2013 2:19:46 PM
katella posted...
2 halves in the main setting of the story.

The point is that there's absolutely no reason to believe that Grima needed to "merge" with another Grima from a different timeline. He had the world entirely in his power.

And it was P3 not awakening. Awakening had its touching moments with supports but thats all.

That's much more understandable.
#30TwinkinoutRMPosted 5/8/2013 2:31:12 PM
Doesn't Grima's existence completely contradict canon anyway? IIRC, in FE1/3, Medeus is explicitly stated to be the last sane Earth Dragon; the rest went feral and are completely mindless. Grima however is supposed to be an Earth Dragon so he shouldn't even have sentience and should be sealed away like the rest of them. I know that technically this should apply to Loptyr, but he's a different case. Unlike Medeus or Grima, Loptyr doesn't really have a corporeal body and is more of an evil spirit possessing people. It's different from Grima because Loptyr never actually has his dragon body, he's completely dependent on his human host. Essentially, it's Loptyr's mind and spirit that exists, and not his body; he also started doing this before the Earth Dragons went feral, so when you factor that in, it would make sense why he would still maintain his sanity.

I also don't understand why the spheres/gemstones would be separated from the Fire Emblem like it is throughout most of the game, doing so is a bad thing according to FE3 because it weakens the seal on the Earth Dragons. In fact, that's the Fire Emblem's purpose, to seal the Earth Dragons, but this seems to be ignored in Awakening.

It's really odd. FE1/3 have among the most supplementary notes and materials on its plot and Awakening exists in the same continuity. And yet despite this, the writers still managed to f*** up.