CYOA: All roads....

#451Rideps1(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 2:57:39 PM(edited)
Forewarning: Depending on when I start doing so, my update could be rather late tomorrow, even by middle of the night standards. I'm going to be copying the entire story into a separate word document from my stat sheet and start working on descriptions and stuff, as well as working on the actual class trees and the skills to be gained from them.

And as to the more current warning.... That was the loudest thunderclap I've ever heard. Update may not come quite yet. It's going to be long, and if I don't want it full of typos I am not doing it on my phone. So if the power goes out.. well, yeah.

EDIT: It's getting worse out there, I think I'm not going to risk it and just save what I've got in a document. It'll be up tomorrow at some point, maybe tonight if the storm lifts.
---
Possibly the Kellam of the FE:A boards. But no one notices enough to make it official...
Saxon/Palazzo 2016
#452Rideps1(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 10:29:39 AM
The party dives behind a nearby fallen column as the bird stomps down onto the ground in the center. It starts to screech again.

"Ok ok.. Let's see here… Rin! Coat Reina's arrows in poison! Johan, go over to the cave and keep your rescue staff ready! Fulgur, get ready to stand on that other pillar over there."

Johan runs for it, and the bird catches sight of him. It coils its neck for a quick strike at him, but Yurgin fires a jet of fire in front of its eyes. "Damnit! I still can't use it right." However, the fire made it close enough to temporarily blind the crane, which flails its wings and stabs its head in random places, but keeps its feet planted.

Fulgur runs over to the second fallen pillar and Yurgin follows close behind. Reina stays with Clayr while Rin runs off after them, and starts firing off arrows, but they can't seem make it through the bird's plumage.

Yurgin places an Elwind rune on the ground behind the pillar and Rin pushes it on top of it, Fulgur hanging on tight. When it is launched into the air, Yurgin hits it with another Elwind that slices it in half horizontally and sends both halves flying towards the chest of the bird. It seems to have gotten its eyesight back in time to see the pillar flying at it, but too late to do anything about it. It screeches in pain as Fulgur leaps onto its back and the granite shatters on its chest, cracking ribs and embedding some shards in its skin. The parted feathers give Reina some space to land her arrows, while Fulgur slashes away at the bases of the cranes wings.

Clayr takes off to get Fulgur, but the crane swings its beak around and tears a gash open in her left wing with its sawblades. Johan rescues her before anything else could go wrong, and then, as Fulgur breaks open the bone of the crane's own left wing, now hanging limply at its side, Johan rescues him as well.

It is in a frenzy now, but Reina launches a flurry of arrows up into the air, aimed at the cuts Fulgur made in its backside, and Yurgin rains down Mjolnir with them. The crane lets out a weak screech after this onslaught and then tries to fly away, but with its broken wing it only manages to jump over them. It tries to make it back to its nest.

Suddenly, a shadow grows from the depths of the lake. An enormous head breaks the surface, with three eyes and a crest made of horns. It rears up out of the depths, without its body breaking the surface. The neck extends nearly all the way to the roof of the cave, and then the sea serpent gapes open its mouth and smashes down onto the bird, taking several stepping stones with it. It moves its head back up as its body slowly sinks and the party watches a leg of the crane hanging loosely from its mouth. The creature stares at them as it sinks, then makes a motion to get the leg into its mouth and swallow its meal. It turns away and goes down one of the side caves, still sinking.

Suddenly, something jumps out of the crane's nest and runs along the stepping stones, leaping to the shore from where they are missing.

A strange voice squeaks out of the creature. "Hello there! We meet again! No hard feelings for setting me on fire last time, that crack led to the lake. I hadn't been in there before, there was some nice things! Just like in the nest. Now, since you've been so kind as to get the bird eaten and take out the other threats, I've got a proposition for you. Leave the other Doogs alive, and you'll get this sack of treasure!"

"Why would we leave them? They are why we came here in the first place."

"Well, my family needs its foodsource after all. The pack leaders are all dead, don't worry. There won't be hunting parties. And the cyclops leftovers should keep them going for months."
A. Agree.
B. Kill them.
C. B, but kill that thing too.
---
Possibly the Kellam of the FE:A boards. But no one notices enough to make it official...
Saxon/Palazzo 2016
#453Neosephiroth666Posted 6/26/2013 11:54:52 AM
C. EXP and safe townspeople >loot. Unless of course this 'thing' is OP, then A. And yay Leviathans!
---
To dance amidst the River of Time, lost in the eternity of a moment. I call to you, but you leave me behind, lost to that far green country, lost to me.
#454Rideps1(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 9:33:16 AM
Morning bump.
---
Saxon/Palazzo 2016
#455C_D_MPosted 6/27/2013 9:39:49 AM(edited)
C means we get the sack of treasure anyway, right?

Oh, wait. The thing survived after we set it on fire... Let's go with A.
#456Rideps1(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 1:22:55 AM
Bump for tie.
---
Saxon/Palazzo 2016
#457Rideps1(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 9:44:43 AM
Aaaaand another tie bump. Have I even got 3 readers caught up? Hmmm... well, I've got plenty to do while I'm not updating anyway.
---
Saxon/Palazzo 2016
#458Rideps1(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 7:07:54 AM(edited)
Yep. I'll roll the die tonight I guess. Someone call odds or evens.
---
Saxon/Palazzo 2016
#459Rideps1(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 10:06:15 AM
*soulcrushingdepressionbump*

I don't wanna roll the die! Cmon guys, end of the subchapter.
---
Saxon/Palazzo 2016
#460DarkerSpiritPosted 6/30/2013 10:33:20 AM
A
---
If you're looking for witty jokes, you've come to the wrong person