CYOA: The Unnecessary Balance II

#351OsrangerPosted 5/18/2013 9:20:05 PM
Goodbye Hardin. We will always remember you. Now it is time to meet Gharnef. Hi Gharnef! *starts exaggerated waving*
---
Those are brave men out there. Let's go kill them!
-Tyrion Lannister, Clash of Kings
#352Neosephiroth666(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 9:28:32 PM
Osranger posted...
Goodbye Hardin. We will always remember you. Now it is time to meet Gharnef. Hi Gharnef! *starts exaggerated waving*

Hehehehehe... That's exactly what I want you to think. Your playing right into my hand. Nothing is ever that simple Os, not with me... Nothing.
---
Darkness and light. Chaos and order. I will be the sword that severs the balance. Behold, the glimmering new world.
#353OsrangerPosted 5/18/2013 9:40:46 PM
Neosephiroth666 posted...
Osranger posted...

Hehehehehe... That's exactly what I want you to think. Your playing right into my hand. Nothing is ever that simple Os, not with me... Nothing.

Aw, you ruined my moment of voluntary ignorance. I do love the moments when my plot senses turn out to be wrong. it doesn't happen too often and it is always refreshing. On a side note I just learned how to put things in bold on this website. It is a pain needing to put things I want to emphasize in all caps.
---
#354Neosephiroth666(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 9:43:46 PM
Osranger posted...
Neosephiroth666 posted...
Osranger posted...

Aw, you ruined my moment of voluntary ignorance. I do love the moments when my plot senses turn out to be wrong. it doesn't happen too often and it is always refreshing. On a side note I just learned how to put things in bold on this website. It is a pain needing to put things I want to emphasize in all caps.

Yeah, it took me a while too. Eventually, I just went to the Gamefaqs Help files and checked. Anyway, continuing story next post.
---
Darkness and light. Chaos and order. I will be the sword that severs the balance. Behold, the glimmering new world.
#355Neosephiroth666(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 10:39:04 PM
"Culture? Balance? What in the world are you blabbering about?" You demand, keeping one hand near your Dragonstone and the other protectively around Kanis.

Doctor Jeckel chuckles, but it is the robed man to his right that pulls back his cowl and answers.

"Wouldn't you like to know, Spawn of Chaos? I fear your imperfect mind couldn't possibly grasp the true grandeur of our mission. You but waste your breath."

Thorn suddenly gasps, stepping forward. "No, it can't be... Your...Your Thanatos, aren't you?"

Wait, Thanatos as in... And he called you a 'Spawn of Chaos'. You can't even begin to understand what that means. For the first time in your life, you find it difficult to intellectually keep up with someone.

Thanatos let's out a deep throaty laugh, and for the first time you notice his stench. He reeks of dark magic and death.

"Indeed I am, New-Queen of Midgard. My, you've grown into such a fine young woman. Such a pity about your uncle. He was a good friend of mine you know."

Only now do you notice the striking similarity between Ehpidel and Thanatos. They both have short, glossy silver hair and eyes as black as midnight with no pupils. You expect all the members of this so called 'Culture' share those same features.

Thanatos openly licks his lips. "Mmm... I like what I see, Queen Thorn. I think I'll make you mine."

Thorn stutters in rage and indignation. "P-Pardon?!"

"Control yourself Thanatos," booms a disembodied voice that seems to echo across time and space.

Another tornado of darkness bursts into existence in the Throne Room, this one exponentially larger. When it clears, a giant man several inches taller than Helga wearing an ornate black robe gilded with silver stands before you. He is lean and muscular, with five golden rings on his right hand and five obsidian rings on his left. He grips a tall, twisted serpentine staff made out of white oak in his right hand. Under his cowl, which is made to resemble the mouth of a golden cobra, you see piercing silver eyes brimming with wisdom, sorrow, power, mad ambition, ruthlessness, and pure evil. A small silver goatee adorns the man's chin. You can sense the untold power of the ages rippling off him in tidal waves.

"I am Charon, Leader of the Culture," thunders the man with the Serpentine Staff in a voice humming with power. "The time is not yet Thanatos. I will permit you your fun later. But our duty must come first."

Thanatos bows his head low in obedience. "Yes Master. As you say."

The intimidating Charon turns his conflicting gaze to you and you shiver. "Hear me, one born of the Ancient Blood. You inquired what we are after. Long ago, the Balance of the Cosmos was uprooted when Humankind came to be. The corruption, the greed, the evil, the mindless slaying... Across all worlds, all dimensions, all of space and time, does this thrive. Unchecked, it will spiral into a vortex that consumes all of creation. I founded the Culture to prevent that Unnecessary Fate. And now, at long last, it is within my power to do so. I leave you with this warning Chaosborn: Stand in my way and be crushed!!"

Charon's silver eyes flash. An immense shockwave of ultimate power billows forth seemingly from nowhere, knocking you and all your comrades off your feet and sending you all crashing against the back wall.

You scream in agony, and collapse on the floor, helpless, too weak to stand. It seems your friends are in a similar predicament. "K-kanis..."

*All of your characters are unconscious with 0 HP, but are still alive. Trail has 1 HP.*

Charon booms with mocking laughter.
---
#356SwordMasterEXPosted 5/18/2013 10:45:38 PM
Well, were F***ed
---
I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand I shall reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction
#357OsrangerPosted 5/18/2013 10:53:53 PM
Elixers are your friend
---
#358SwordMasterEXPosted 5/18/2013 10:56:53 PM
Osranger posted...
Elixers are your friend

Do we have any? And right now it seems as if only Trail can use it as everyone else is sitting at 0 Hp
---
I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand I shall reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction
#359C_D_MPosted 5/18/2013 11:04:54 PM
Oh great. Chronotrigger all over again. Get him, Trail!
#360Grayjack72Posted 5/18/2013 11:18:47 PM
Man, I gotta get up for work in like 5 hours, but I really need to know what happens.
---
Etherealist posted...
"Want me to draw my sword and use some burst artes?"