Is Frederick worth using?

#1Mistercheese417Posted 5/8/2013 9:48:59 PM
I'm just worried about him hogging up the experience only to end up mediocre later in the game. Is he still a good unit in the late game, or am I right in avoiding using him?
#2kukingina2Posted 5/8/2013 9:49:41 PM
if its not on lunatic no except if you want him to be a father
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#3DemiseEndPosted 5/8/2013 9:51:18 PM
Yes

Hes good entire game, and paired with Sumia, they are one of the best pair in the game

Of course, if you plan out her marriage that is not with Fred, using him with Sumia will be a little bit harder
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#4silver123456789Posted 5/8/2013 9:51:26 PM
in a standard playthrough i only use him to weaken characters best he can so others can get exp. its up to you though. he gets less exp early on and other units will catch up and surpass him soon.
---
www.chaoscoalition.net
#5Lil_PuddinPosted 5/8/2013 10:22:47 PM
I used to hate Fredrick during my first run, but I fell in love with his necrotic-knightliness during Lunatic mode. With the Second Seals, ALL characters can be good, depending on what your preferred skill set of choice is. Though the children will generally be better than the entire cast, sans MU or Chrom who can be on par in their own weird way.

All in all, you can only continuously use 8-10 or so characters throughout the game since there's only so many you can use per map. Just use the folks you like the best!
---
I juss dun understayand.
#6KevinCCPosted 5/8/2013 11:32:36 PM
He'll be mediocre in the end unless you use a Second Seal on him early - I'm partial to making him a Knight. Extra stats to keep him usable and quite a boost after promoting back to Great Knight.
---
Kissed-by-fire Emblem: You know nothing, Prince Chrom.
#7JarickoPosted 5/8/2013 11:41:52 PM
After Fredrick becomes a father in my files he tends to not be used anymore. And really the only thing i ever pass on with him is luna. Cannot be bothered to level him. I just use him early on to boost weak characters via support.
#8Lil_PuddinPosted 5/8/2013 11:58:10 PM
Jaricko posted...
After Fredrick becomes a father in my files he tends to not be used anymore. And really the only thing i ever pass on with him is luna. Cannot be bothered to level him. I just use him early on to boost weak characters via support.

But Fredrick is manly and adorkable at the same time. y u no like???
---
I juss dun understayand.
#9DemiseEndPosted 5/8/2013 11:59:15 PM
Eh Min Max Frederick is one of the best gen 1 filler in the game, maybe as good as you can get for gen 1
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#10hodori86Posted 5/9/2013 8:50:44 AM
Depends. Normal and Hard no stay away like the plauge at the start. Luna and luna+ you need him 100% to beat the frist few levels.