Rate the Character, Chapter 3: Frederick!Owain and Virion!Owain.

#1guedesbrawlPosted 5/9/2013 6:30:19 PM
I got bored today and was planning out what pairings would be at what days in what order. When I was finishing I realized I had forgotten Ricken for all kids... damn, and somehow I remembered, that huge walking armor whatshisname instead. And apparently whatshisname is a real word! Lol...

I also forgot to list Iote's Shield in the past Lucina's chapters. I took it out because Maiden!Lucina couldn't use it, but... I'll just leave everything from now on. Except Special Dance.

Lastly, I'll change the format a bit. Hope it will look better.

-------------
*Default Owain:

Classes Available: Myrmidon, Swordmaster, Assassin, Barbarian, Berserker, Warrior, Priest, War Monk, Sage.

Skills Available: Avoid +10, Vantage, Astra, Swordfaire, Lethality, Pass, Despoil, Gamble, Wrath, Axefaire, Rally Strength, Counter, Miracle, Healtouch, Rally Luck, Renewal, Rally Magic, Tomefaire, Resistance +10, Aggressor, All Stats +2, Paragon, Iote's Shield, Limit Break.

Special Inheritance: Speed +2. Relief, Rally Speed, Lancefaire, Rally Movement, Galeforce, Resistance +2, Demoiselle, Rally Resistance, Dual Support+.
-------------

-------------
*Frederick!Owain:

New Classes Available: Cavalier, Paladin, Great Knight, Knight, General, Wyvern Rider, Wyvern Lord, Griffon Rider.

New Skills Available: Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Defender, Aegis, Luna, Dual Guard+, Defense +2, Indoor Fighter, Rally Defense, Pavise, Strength +2, Tantivity, Quick Burn, Swordbreaker, Deliverer, Lancebreaker.

Modifiers:
+3 Luck.
+2 Defense, Skill and Resistance.
+1 Strength and Magic.
-1 Speed.
-------------

Frederick gives Owain balanced offensive mods, so he can now use his Sword Hand effectively, Lissa's mods be damned. Er... well, Frederick gives him some nice Defensive Skills in Pavise and Aegis, and nice Support Skills in Dual Guard+ and Deliverer. There's also 2 breakers to play with, and he also has some faires to use, and offensive options by default.

This Owain won't excel at any role, but he's not bad in any too. His support game is better than his other options, though. B rank for Balance.

-------------
*Virion!Owain:

New Classes Available: Archer, Sniper, Bow Knight, Wyvern Rider, Wyvern Lord, Griffon Rider, Dark Knight.

New Skills Available: Skill +2, Prescience, Hit Rate +20, Bowfaire, Rally Skill, Bowbreaker, Strength +2, Tantivity, Quick Burn, Swordbreaker, Deliverer, Lancebreaker, Slow Burn, Lifetaker.

Modifiers:
+3 Speed and Magic.
+2 Skill, Luck and Resistance.
-1 Strength.
-2 Defense.
-------------

This Owain has the mods for a nice Magic user, 2 breakers, and notably he has all the tools that a good Bow user needs thanks to the addition of Bowfaire to his arsenal. He's already a fine offensive unit by default, with a better magical game.

He also gets Lifetaker, as a possible substitute to Renewal, and Deliverer for support, but he shouldn't be supporting here. I'm not too sure about this one. For now, I'll go with C, but that may change later on.

-------------
Character Ranking:

S Rank: The very best pairings, Avatar notwithstanding.

A Rank: Great pairings, can't go wrong picking those.
*Sumia!Lucina
*Olivia!Lucina

B Rank: Good pairings. Can work decently.
*Mariabelle!Lucina

C Rank: Average and limited pairings.
*Sully!Lucina

D Rank: Awful pairings. Cripples the kids, or are useless.
*Maiden!Lucina
-------------
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#2superange128Posted 5/9/2013 7:47:41 PM
bump
---
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/4343/narm2.gif
#3HeoandReoPosted 5/9/2013 8:22:04 PM(edited)
Inspired from your topics, I've actually started writing down my observations on each pairing on Notepad for me to put down when these topics crop up. I've found a few pleasant surprises, which I'll keep secret until the relevant topics are posted. ;)

Anyway...

Frederick!Owain: B
Negative speed is kind of blah, but he does get enough to work with. He can run Pavise/Aegis with Renewal to be a good tank, gets 2 breakers, and Aggressor Luna. Axefaire as a Wyvern is also good, basically being Frederick!Gerome without Sol.

Virion!Owain: B
Not bad, actually. Mage is redundant because he already gets Sage through Priest, but Lifetaker is okay, he gets 3 breakers, those mods are actually pretty good considering Owain's usual stats, and he also gets the Archer tree to troll with Longbow/Counter/Pass/Lethalities. Axefaire is nice for the Wyvern tree as mentioned above, and he can also get Bowbreaker in case he wants to do that as well. Not as good as others, but definitely a viable pairing.
#4DemiseEndPosted 5/9/2013 8:23:23 PM
On one hand I want to give Fred Owain B for the AMAZING skillset and iffy stats

On other hand I want to give Virion Owain C or B

College now so I'm going to post late

This is one of few pairing that I have not typed up tbh
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#5bearclaw13Posted 5/9/2013 8:54:05 PM
HeoandReo posted...
Negative speed is kind of blah, but he does get enough to work with. He can run Pavise/Aegis with Renewal to be a good tank, gets 2 breakers, and Aggressor Luna. Axefaire as a Wyvern is also good, basically being Frederick!Gerome without Sol.

Not bad, actually. Mage is redundant because he already gets Sage through Priest, but Lifetaker is okay, he gets 3 breakers, those mods are actually pretty good considering Owain's usual stats, and he also gets the Archer tree to troll with Longbow/Counter/Pass/Lethalities. Axefaire is nice for the Wyvern tree as mentioned above, and he can also get Bowbreaker in case he wants to do that as well. Not as good as others, but definitely a viable pairing.

Agree with all of this.
---
My dream team: Me, azn_boy150, Dadkwashere, Spikaya and Lylat_Cruiser.
Our profession: wrecking topics.
#6LurkerkillerPosted 5/9/2013 9:00:09 PM(edited)
C for Fred
D for Virion

Breaker skills suck for min max purposes
Virion is crap and wastes the only thing hes good for passing down.
Fred gives mods exactly the opposite of what Lissa does making his mods all lolworthy, though giving Fred to anyone shouldn't be less than a C because of his skillset except for a few who gains nothing from him like Kjelle.
---
LoL NA: Lurkerkiller
SC2 NA: Lurkerkiller.301
#7guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 2:27:18 AM
HeoandReo posted...
Inspired from your topics, I've actually started writing down my observations on each pairing on Notepad for me to put down when these topics crop up. I've found a few pleasant surprises, which I'll keep secret until the relevant topics are posted. ;)

Anyway...

Nice, and i know right? some of those on't seem like good options at first but suddenly they are not so bad.

totally not a bump...
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#8DemiseEndPosted 5/10/2013 5:22:07 AM
Uhh okay

No bias, im still going to go with my "STR and MAG are the least important stats in the game" mindset

Frederik!Owain

B

Father wise, this give Frederick support Acess, which is amazing. Frederick, Kellam, and Stahl rounds up the 3 Top Father support. Think the Male version of Sumia, although not as good

I think Frederick!Owain is the defining character in the B Rank, those who have not crazy, but valuable skillsets all for themself, but not the stats to make it really work. On his base, Owain already gets the essential Vantage. Frederick round them up with Pavise, Aegis, DG+,and Luna basically three skills that Owain wanted, giving Palladin in the process.
So the real problem with this is the fact that Frederick -2 speed just does not work on Owain and thats it. I don;t really like Wyvern Tree. Owain gets all of the breakers with this pairing, and Deliverer to become an amazing supporter, and thats basically it.

Looking at Owain, he is one of units where you can say "I see what you did there IS" around his design(the other being..... Frederick with Stahl and Kellam I guess). He is essentially the alternate Brady and your going to see how much they are coincidentally comparable to each other

Virion!Owain

C

Uhhh yeah. I guess Deliverer and DK bonus are rather cool.

While B Rank are those with Good Skillsets, Bleh Stats, this one is more wow stats, Bleh skillset. Its basically those kind of units who is amazing but all with an asterisk
Lifetaker and DK acess is cool, but having nothing but Astra to rely on offense is rather iffy. I guess Agressor can fix that*. Breaker Acess is cool, but still no lucky Seven to round up the set(cough). HR+20 is not that good for someone who have good skillset all by themselves, inlcuding Galeforce unlike say..... Chrom, and last but not least Deliverer is NOT as good as Frederick's deliverer, who brings DG+ into the picture

So, yeah throwaway pairing at its finest. I don't think this is bad enough to deserve D Rank(only 2 - 3 children deserves it)

*Owain has the staple Agressor, Galeforce, and Limit Breaker. So use 2 filler and you are out of the problem.
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#9Shadow_Master_JPosted 5/10/2013 6:09:31 AM
Well, after reading and studying people's posts on the previous topics, I now think I know how to vote.

Dat Speed mod is bad, but this makes Owain a beast support. Dual Guard+, Aggressor, Axefaire/Deliverer, Galeforce and Luna/Astra bam! We got someone who can get a kill on a weakened enemy, and then move their partner to the infinite and beyond. Owain can also lead very well, he got access to Pavise, Aegis, Luna/Astra, Galeforce, Lifetaker, Renewal, and some other things to do well.

Those mods are so beautiful... Sadly Owain lacks the huge skillset his best parents often give. But not all is lost, Owain needs no aid, after all! He can be a good Sage or Dread Fighter here with Galeforce, Tomefaire, Astra, Aggressor, Vantage, Lifetaker and Renewal to choose from. He can also be a nice Camper Sniper with Pass, Bowfaire, Astra, Aggressor and Galeforce, too. Not the best skillset, but dem mods help Owain a lot.
---
If you're reading this, CONGRATULATIONS!! You're wasting your time!!
#10BlueDryBones1Posted 5/10/2013 7:37:30 AM
A rank Olivia!Lucina.

I can live with that. So long as she didnt get S since Sumia got A for some reason.

---
Virion!Owain B

Good stats all around and a decent class selection but nothing super amazing.

He at least has all the skills to pull off a good Sniper or Galeforcer.
---

Frederick!Owain B

Support wise its a lesser version on Ricken!Laurent

Tankwise its pretty good Renewal+Luna can replace Sol.

B b/c there are just alot of other children who can pull this off better with Frederick. This is FAR from a bad pairing though.
---
Dry Bones+Magikruiser FTW in MKW ^-^