Fire Emblem Hard difficulty

#1ShirohartPosted 5/10/2013 5:15:10 AM
So far only chapter 11 is giving me some small difficulty and so i've put the game down today. Just wondering if I should just start again on Lunatic and Min/Max or just play through..?
#2smash fanaticPosted 5/10/2013 5:20:58 AM
lunatic is a HUUUUGE jump in difficulty, srsly

hard is absolute piss easy until about chapter 16 and then enemies suddenly become promoted, then it takes slightly more thought. If you go to lunatic after playing through hard mode it's shocking.

also, don't try to min/max on lunatic, the skirmishes literally become impossible to beat and the spotpass teams give only 1 EXP for anything and you can't grind weapon levels in them either (so basically grinding in lunatic would entail DLC).

Lunatic mode usually involves little more than avatar soloing the game (with fred soloing for the first 2-3 chapters) with guest appearances by nosferatu and sol users, because no one else can take any hits at all.
---
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/smashfanatic/DEALL.gif http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/smashfanatic/DEALR.gif
#3Shirohart(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 5:58:05 AM
I guess what im getting from this is that i should just play it through on hard first then move on.

I suck at these games where i have so many decisions to make. Im not sure if i can be bothered levellin Olivia to marry Chrom. But the supports between Chrom and Sumia were so lame. Pie this, pie that... bleh. I really wish they made a scene with Emm and Sumia to make me really want to pair Chrom!Sumia
#4GX000Posted 5/10/2013 6:01:41 AM
i'm slicing to enemies like they're made of playdoh on hard mode, but i still can't get past chapter 4 on lunatic. finish up hard mode and then try lunatic if you feel up to it.
---
Hey everypony, listen to this: FRIENDSHIP IS MAG- *gets shot*
~~|[Proud to be a Brony]|~~ ////Life is not an app////
#5smash fanaticPosted 5/10/2013 6:13:36 AM
If you are on lunatic and you are stuck on one of the first 10 chapters, the answer to all your problems is "frederick".

My first run through lunatic was problematic until I realized literally that fred solo then transition into avatar solo is the only way to win.
---
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/smashfanatic/DEALL.gif http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/smashfanatic/DEALR.gif
#6banjo kazooiePosted 5/10/2013 6:45:28 AM
smash fanatic posted...
If you are on lunatic and you are stuck on one of the first 10 chapters, the answer to all your problems is "frederick".

My first run through lunatic was problematic until I realized literally that fred solo then transition into avatar solo is the only way to win.

Or Frederick solo transitioning to Spotpass/DLC grinding.
---
*(int *)nullptr = 0;
http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
#7Shadow_Master_JPosted 5/10/2013 6:56:07 AM
banjo kazooie posted...
smash fanatic posted...

Or Frederick solo transitioning to Spotpass/DLC grinding.

Recipe to win Lunatic:

1. Abuse/Solo Frederick until chapter 5.
2. EXPonential Growth and Golden Gaffe.
3. Forge Nosferatu for your Avatar
4. Reclass to Sorcerer
5. ???
6. You just beat the game.
---
If you're reading this, CONGRATULATIONS!! You're wasting your time!!
#8juanyiyiPosted 5/10/2013 7:32:21 AM
smash fanatic posted...

Haha... No.
---
Official Elmdor of the FFXV board.
No.
#9VirusLordPosted 5/10/2013 8:56:12 AM
Lunatic is absolutely awful until the end of Chapter 3. After that, once you're able to actually pick your characters, it is still brutal, but more in a "holy damn this difficulty level is hard, I need to play my absolute best" and less "****, whether I win or lose is completely random, this is ****ing insane, how many times do I need to play this chapter until the RNG is on my side?!?!" Contrary to popular belief, Fred/MU solo and DLC abuse grind are not required to beat Lunatic. Lunatic is an incredibly frustrating experience at times, and you need to know when and where reinforcements will show up, but I also had a lot of fun taking on a challenge like that. After the first few insane chapters, anyway.
---
Ruler of the Unknown Universe
"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality." - Emil, ToS:DotNW
#10MephantomPosted 5/10/2013 9:28:35 AM
If you played any previous Fire Emblems, trying to remember one of those units that start off extremely weak and require extreme babying (gets one-rounded by most enemies, does about 6-7 damage to enemies with 25-30 HP).

Now, imagine that your entire team is like that, aside from your usual start-of-the-game prepromote (who is also not nearly as durable as the ones before).

That's Lunatic.

The best way to play (aside from abusing the Wireless features) is basically to feed all your exp to MU in the beginning until he/she is overpowered, and then you can slowly bring up the other units if you want, though it's actually easier to just solo the rest of the game with MU, as it's actually quite a pain to babysit weak units with just 1 strong unit, especially with all the open fields in most maps.