Rate the Character, Chapter 4: Vaike!Owain and Stahl!Owain.

#1guedesbrawlPosted 5/10/2013 6:09:28 PM
Last topic was so low-traffic overall. Frederick was almost an unanimous B. Only one person though otherwise...

Something that this topic made me realize, is that Frederick!Owain also gets Luna, making him a more reliable offensive unit if you wish him to be one. Thank Stahl for reminding me... Also, Virion!Owain gives him Mage --> Magic +2 and Focus. Another thing that I forgot, but I doubt it would change anything. Just there for completion.

-------------
*Default Owain:

Classes Available: Myrmidon, Swordmaster, Assassin, Barbarian, Berserker, Warrior, Priest, War Monk, Sage.

Skills Available: Avoid +10, Vantage, Astra, Swordfaire, Lethality, Pass, Despoil, Gamble, Wrath, Axefaire, Rally Strength, Counter, Miracle, Healtouch, Rally Luck, Renewal, Rally Magic, Tomefaire, Resistance +10, Aggressor, All Stats +2, Paragon, Iote's Shield, Limit Break.

Special Inheritance: Speed +2. Relief, Rally Speed, Lancefaire, Rally Movement, Galeforce, Resistance +2, Demoiselle, Rally Resistance, Dual Support+.
-------------

-------------
*Vaike!Owain:

New Classes Available: Fighter, Hero, Thief, Trickster.

New Skills Available: HP +5, Zeal, Sol, Axebreaker, Locktouch, Movement +1, Lucky Seven, Acrobat.

Modifiers:
+2 Strength, Speed and Luck.
+1 Magic and Skill.
0 Defense and Resistance.
-------------

Surprisingly balanced mods. Owain's default Skillset is already very offensive oriented, and this only really gives him Sol. Makes you want to run his as a Physical unit, although he can use Tomes just fine. But still meh overall. C rank here.

-------------
*Stahl!Owain:

New Classes Available: Cavalier, Paladin, Great Knight, Archer, Sniper, Bow Knight.

New Skills Available: Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Defender, Aegis, Luna, Dual Guard+, Skill +2, Prescience, Hit Rate +20, Bowfaire, Rally Skill, Bowbreaker.

Modifiers:
+2 Magic and Defense.
+1 Strength, Speed, Luck and Resistance.
-------------

Another surprisingly balanced Owain, in terms of mods. He can now be a more efficient offensive unit thanks to the reliable Luna, and a better support thanks to Paladin and Dual Guard+. This works well for him, but it's still nothing very impressive, although worth of a B rank.

-------------
Character Ranking:

S Rank: The very best pairings, Avatar notwithstanding.

A Rank: Great pairings, can't go wrong picking those.
*Sumia!Lucina
*Olivia!Lucina

B Rank: Good pairings. Can work decently.
*Mariabelle!Lucina
*Frederick!Owain

C Rank: Average and limited pairings.
*Sully!Lucina
*Virion!Owain

D Rank: Awful pairings. Cripples the kids, or are useless.
*Maiden!Lucina
-------------
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#2BlueDryBones1Posted 5/10/2013 6:22:25 PM(edited)
Vaike!Owain: C but soooooo close to a D

Gives pretty much nothing to Owain other than Sol. Also kills his Mag potential for only +2 Str

Only reason I'm not giving it a D is b/c Sol+Vantage with a faire makes it at least decent but it seriously is hurting Owain's potential.
---
Stahl!Owain D

A very bad waste of Stahl. Archer isn't as good without the proper skillset and this Owain doesnt have it. Although he's close but missing either Pavise or Lifetaker. If Sniper though is the only option, although I agree its a good class its just not one you want to be stuck in forever.

Luna is nice but there are better options if you want to get Luna on Owain.

Feel bad putting these with Maiden. They arent that bad but they are examples of children that dong gain much from their father.

Owain does make a decent support from him b/c of DG+ and Paladin class if you'll use it but Brady has this no matter who his dad is and there are plenty of other combinations that can pull off support better.

Also perhaps you can include this in the main post? http://serenesforest.net/fe13/children.html
Could help people who never tried the pairing or dont know the stats if they dont have the link themselves.
---
Dry Bones+Magikruiser FTW in MKW ^-^
#3guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 6:21:59 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 6:21:59 PM
BlueDryBones1 posted...

Gives pretty much nothing to Owain other than Sol. Also kills his Mag potential for only +2 Str

Only reason I'm not giving it a D is b/c Sol+Vantage with a faire makes it at least decent but it seriously is hurting Owain's potential.
---
Stahl!Owain D

A very bad waste of Stahl. Archer isn't as good without the proper skillset and this Owain doesnt have it. Although he's close but missing either Pavise or Lifetaker. If Sniper though is the only option, although I agree its a good class its just not one you want to be stuck in forever.

Feel bad putting these with Maiden. They arent that bad but they are examples of children that dong gain much from their father.

Also perhaps you can include this in the main post? http://serenesforest.net/fe13/children.html
Could help people who never tried the pairing or dont know the stats if they dont have the link themselves.

... I am already posting the mods and skills. What's the point of linking to SF?
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#5BlueDryBones1Posted 5/10/2013 6:23:05 PM
guedesbrawl posted...
BlueDryBones1 posted...

---
Stahl!Owain D

... I am already posting the mods and skills. What's the point of linking to SF?

Oops I didnt notice that my bad xD
---
Dry Bones+Magikruiser FTW in MKW ^-^
#6guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 6:28:12 PM
No problems.
---
Confession Time!
#7DemiseEndPosted 5/10/2013 6:38:25 PM(edited)
Stahl!Owain

The difference beetwen Stahl!Owain and Fred!Owain is:
1. Fred have Acess to Pavise and Deliverer
2. Stahl have Bowfaire and speed. +3 speed over Frederick in fact

Better skills vs Better mods in stats that actually matters.
Maybe better classes in Wyvern Knight, which is cool because Owain has a functional skillset

So, yeah most things that applied for Frederick and Virion applied here. For starter, Stahl is a good father, Archer is still a niche at best class for someone who actually have a solid skillset. Owain loses Deliverer, but is otherwise still an amazing support unit with acess to Luna and DG+, not like finding a Deliverer slot is easy or anything.

All in all, its really hard to judge Stahl!Owain when it comes to Rank. It is pretty much the Top 3 Owain, but judging from the skill pools, it is really simmilar, but overall inferior to Fred!Owain. Personally, Im going to put a bit more weight on his speed right here.

A

Vaike!Owain

As a father: Lack of DG+ with a lack of supportive aura skills. Uh huh

Vaike!Owain seems like a really bad choice when you first look at it. But in the end, it worked. Vaike grants Sol to Owain, and gives the amazing +1 speed mods thanks to Vaike's amazing genes. Acess to Hero for a supporter unit is ALWAYS a plus.

Thats.... really it. Lucky Seven are not as amazing when you lacked Breakers skills

Anyway, speaking of support units, this Owain actually lacked DG+ and a less reliable offense from the lack of Luna. So, enjoy that. Or you can simply pair him with someone with DG+.

*Sometime you really want Owain to have the Knight inheritance from Vaike but noooo.

To sums it up, some niche skills, some cool class selections, nice mods, but its still lacking in general. Its one of the better Owain, but its really nothing special

B
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#8HeoandReoPosted 5/10/2013 6:38:01 PM(edited)
Stahl!Owain: B
Not a terrible pairing because Stahl has good genes. No negative stats in anything and Archer and Cavalier alone are still fine contributions for Owain, meaning Aggressor + Luna, Bowfaire for Warrior pair-up, and Lethality Counter troll Sniper. I almost gave this a C, but Stahl's classes make him just good enough to scrape by even barring the stats.

Vaike!Owain: C
Vantage/Sol is literally the only reason why this pairing should even be considered. He gets nothing from Vaike otherwise. Thief and Fighter are completely useless for a kid with Myrmidon and Barbarian, since he already gets what he wants from them anyway. (Namely Assassin and Warrior) The mods are okay for Owain since it's tough to get him mods higher than 2 points without someone like Avatar or Lon'qu or Ricken, but they don't compliment each other that well, meaning both Vaike's physical mods and Lissa's magic ones are wasted.
#9IceDissolverPosted 5/10/2013 6:36:00 PM
BlueDryBones1 posted...
Stahl!Owain D

A very bad waste of Stahl.

Owain does make a decent support from him b/c of DG+ and Paladin class if you'll use it but Brady has this no matter who his dad is and there are plenty of other combinations that can pull off support better.

Weren't we supposed to ignore all other pairings...?

Anyway, Vaike!Owain gets a C from me. Magical Owain doesn't want this, but it's not a terrible thing if you want a physical Owain. Better offense is Astra-reliant, which is a minus for me, but hey, at least he has survivability.

Stahl!Owain gets a B. Good supporters are basically an automatic B in my book.
#10guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 6:45:23 PM
IceDissolver posted...
BlueDryBones1 posted...
Stahl!Owain D

A very bad waste of Stahl.

Weren't we supposed to ignore all other pairings...?

Anyway, Vaike!Owain gets a C from me. Magical Owain doesn't want this, but it's not a terrible thing if you want a physical Owain. Better offense is Astra-reliant, which is a minus for me, but hey, at least he has survivability.

Stahl!Owain gets a B. Good supporters are basically an automatic B in my book.

Yeah, but perhaps that's just a comment.
---
Confession Time!