Could Morgan have come from the "Future of Despair"

#11EncapturerPosted 5/11/2013 2:30:36 AM
NanayaSReborn posted...
All signs point to playable Morgan being not from an unspecified third timeline, but directly from the future of this game. Think about it; Morgan remembers his/her future being peaceful, making it likely that Grima was defeated or sealed before he/she was born. It's also possible for Morgan to be the child of a second-generation character, which can only happen in a timeline wherein the children travel to the past and don't come back, i.e. this game.

Which, given how time travel works in this game, *would* be a third timeline.

But yeah, I think Morgan's future is a peaceful one myself.
#12SazukeEXPosted 5/11/2013 2:33:17 AM
amc9988 posted...
NanayaSReborn posted...
All signs point to playable Morgan being not from an unspecified third timeline, but directly from the future of this game. Think about it; Morgan remembers his/her future being peaceful, making it likely that Grima was defeated or sealed before he/she was born. It's also possible for Morgan to be the child of a second-generation character, which can only happen in a timeline wherein the children travel to the past and don't come back, i.e. this game.

Yeah.. that make sense

However. By going into the past this alters the Current Timeline again so it wont be the exact same as the Future anymore just like how Lucina going back in time created a new timeline.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#13SpikayaPosted 5/11/2013 2:34:00 AM
NanayaSReborn posted...

More like an ALTERNATE version of this timeline, but yeah, I have thought of that before.
---
My Face x Desk for Canon!
Ohh, great, great, attack of the supermodels. - The Doctor
#14legendriderPosted 5/11/2013 6:34:34 AM
There are 4 timelines in the game

1) Current timeline you play in

2) Future children's timeline, that they traveled back in time from

3) Morgans alternate future

4) Future of Despair

Though when Morgan has a sibling, it kind of gets weird.....
It could mean that Morgan is from the future kids timeline as well, or that this Morgan, and the Morgan the sibling is talking about are different (which is really sad thinking about it), which would mean their Morgan would still be in the future...

Morgans whole amnesia thing could be interpreted in 2 ways. When he/she is remembering the Avatar, either:
What he remembered was just happening
Or it happened a long time ago, or maybe not that long ago, but in the past (in the future kids future), and everything in-between (destroyed future, yada, yada) was forgotten. As in his/her sibling supports, they say its possible he/she lost their memories from a traumatic experience.

Man, Morgan is just a living enigma!
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196
#15Ku-Ri-BohPosted 5/11/2013 7:08:19 AM
With all these theories, why is Morgan even needed anyway? To save what past?

Maybe in FE14...
#16legendriderPosted 5/11/2013 7:21:50 AM
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...

Maybe in FE14...

Maybe........
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196
#17SazukeEXPosted 5/11/2013 8:32:31 AM
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...

Maybe in FE14...

Or Naga felt that Morgan would make a huge difference which they do. Morgan has the greatest potential out of anyone and can even surpass MU/FeMU.

Grima at least was frightened of Morgan and tried to kill them as soon as Naga brought Morgan to the Ruins that held Naga's Tear.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#18HaruhiryuPosted 5/11/2013 8:52:36 AM
I kinda wonder...maybe (future) Avatar purposefully sent Morgan back to help with the battle...

...in my opinion...Morgan came from the future of this timeline (assuming Avatar defeats Grima)
#19dadkwasherePosted 5/11/2013 9:03:48 AM
NanayaSReborn posted...

This is what I always thought.
That way Morgan can be the child of a first or second gen with the LEAST amount of plotholes
---
Alright, MGS5!!! Ready for some more action, snake?
"Time to do some wetwork...and find political solutions. TASTY."
#20Strawberry_EggsPosted 5/11/2013 9:08:58 AM
Haruhiryu posted...
I kinda wonder...maybe (future) Avatar purposefully sent Morgan back to help with the battle...

...in my opinion...Morgan came from the future of this timeline (assuming Avatar defeats Grima)

As stated above, though, the future of this timeline would branch off into its own universe, since that's how time travel works in this game. So it is, in essence, a third timeline.

I would still like to believe that if Morgan has a sibling, that s/he comes from the same timeline as the others. Morgan's epilogues are always the same regardless, so they're either a reference to the possibility that s/he can be from a separate timeline or the developers just want to keep us guessing. I admit, though, that what little evidence there is can go either way. I mostly don't like the thought that something tragic befell the Morgan from the kid's timeline.
---
My 25 Most Favorite Games - http://www.unikgamer.com/members/strawberryeggs-786.html
Official Nah of the Fire Emblem: Awakening board.