Why does Fire Emblem have so many characters who are redundant?

#1AphophPosted 5/11/2013 8:35:25 PM
And not that good.

Couldn't IS focus on avoiding redundant characters? Look at RD and tell me every character was equally good and not redundant.
#2KevinCCPosted 5/11/2013 8:37:19 PM
The games are created based on losing several characters - the redundancies are your replacements for the slain.

Of course, many of us play the game with the "nobody dies EVER" mentality, making people like Marcus worthless.
---
Kissed-by-fire Emblem: You know nothing, Prince Chrom.
#3DemiseEndPosted 5/11/2013 8:43:12 PM(edited)
Yeah tell me about it

FE1 - Merric. lol 3 AS. Wendell is better. I don't know where he get his reputation of being a good character, since you can buy Thoron before he promotes

The Knights and Archer of Nyna in general

FE3 - Ellearan. Joined after Wendell alongside Merric
Yubelly - after Linde. Also not long after, you get Wendell. Why would you use him again?

FE7 - Shes good, but Isadora is basically a worse Marcus who joined..... 10 chapters after Marcus

FE8 - Marcia Marcia Marcia

FE11 - Merric essentially. You have Wendell, unless you are going for Wi-Fi team, or using Dracoknight Wendell, Wendell wins
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#4Is_CorruptedPosted 5/11/2013 8:40:27 PM(edited)
KevinCC posted...
The games are created based on losing several characters - the redundancies are your replacements for the slain.

Of course, many of us play the game with the "nobody dies EVER" mentality, making people like Marcus worthless.

I see it also made your sense of logic worthless.
---
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon
#5WestbrickVIIPosted 5/11/2013 8:39:50 PM
KevinCC posted...
Marcus worthless.

lmao
#6DemiseEndPosted 5/11/2013 8:44:24 PM
Im waiting for another idiot who is going to say Zealot

Lulz
---
#7WestbrickVIIPosted 5/11/2013 8:48:24 PM
Zealot is terrible because despite his beefy bases, control of the weapon triangle, and eight movement, his astoundingly meaningless 20/20 stats are lower than Est units.

This is how 90% of the board understands Fire Emblem.
#8Brady672_AT_fanPosted 5/11/2013 8:52:53 PM
Heather is completely redundant since you get Sothe way earlier, he's much better, and is forced anyone. Completely terrible.

Danved when you have either Aran or Neph.

Why use Karla when you have Karel or even Guy?

Even though Renault has amazing characterization, you should be using either Lucius or Serra.
---
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.
#9DemiseEndPosted 5/11/2013 8:54:21 PM
I don't think Karel really counts since the other side of the coin is..... Harken
---
#10azn_boy150Posted 5/11/2013 8:56:18 PM
WestbrickVII posted...
Zealot is terrible because despite his beefy bases, control of the weapon triangle, and eight movement, his astoundingly meaningless 20/20 stats are lower than Est units.

This is how 90% of the board understands Fire Emblem.

Well that's to be expected considering how in most RPG's a character's final stats are what gets prioritized.
---
Proud graduate from the University of Topic Derailing
"This is the one time I've ever lost an argument."-Westbrick, to me.