Which Fire Emblem out of 4-13 is the most overrated? May Edition

#21TaiphlosionPosted 5/12/2013 4:35:06 PM
overrated = popular opinion on a game is higher than you think it should be. Of the FEs I've played (7,9,10,13) I don't think any is overrated.
---
"I've got nothing to give, got no reason to live. But I will fight to survive, I've got nothing to hide, wish I wasn't so shy"
#22wentzelotPosted 5/17/2013 2:17:34 AM
radiant dawn easily
#23Wandering__HeroPosted 5/17/2013 2:50:49 AM
Tharcia. It has the worst fanoys who derieve their self esteem from it and think its approach to game and level design would be a good idea (no it would kill the franchise you morons)
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
Official Generic Village Girl of the FE13 board
#24Bronze_StuffPosted 5/17/2013 3:07:32 AM
FE4. Goddamn, those huge ass maps, the general worthlessness of a ton of characters that join you, the insanely annoying parts where it's like "oh let's have these flyers fly down to your castle and try to ruin your playthrough," The chapter where they have the mage spam.

The generation system is cool, but really the characters have to sit next to each other for so long that it's pretty annoying. It's a decent game, but wow, people drone on about it far too much considering its dubious quality.
---
Jimbo.
#25Enemy_AC130Posted 5/17/2013 3:14:50 AM(edited)
WestbrickVII posted...
FE7 almost lost to Sacred Stones in a recent poll. Anyone who honestly believes that game is overrated here needs to check themselves before they wreck themselves.

A lot of people in these boards have only seen one or two Fire emblem games, Awakening and Sacred Stones from the ambassador program.

At the guy talking about FE4: The only truly worthless characters that you get are Arden and Hannibal. Everyone else has at least some use. Oh, you don't like that enemies try to assault your castle and beat you? Well maybe you should have listened to what the game tells you in the first chapter and use a character to guard your castle.
---
Greatest STP of all time: http://i.imgur.com/niJah96.jpg
#26Bronze_StuffPosted 5/17/2013 3:30:02 AM
Enemy_AC130 posted...
WestbrickVII posted...
FE7 almost lost to Sacred Stones in a recent poll. Anyone who honestly believes that game is overrated here needs to check themselves before they wreck themselves.

A lot of people in these boards have only seen one or two Fire emblem games, Awakening and Sacred Stones from the ambassador program.

At the guy talking about FE4: The only truly worthless characters that you get are Arden and Hannibal. Everyone else has at least some use. Oh, you don't like that enemies try to assault your castle and beat you? Well maybe you should have listened to what the game tells you in the first chapter and use a character to guard your castle.

Alec is pretty damn worthless too. Fury requires massive babying to get good. If you don't start out using Dew immediately, you end up with a guy that can barely do any damage. Midayle is pretty much weaker than both archers you get. His movement being a saving grace. Tiltyu is really lame even with Wrath, you have to go far out of your way to do so. Arden is pretty much strictly better than freaking Alec outside of the fact that Alec can move. Which is pretty useful I guess considering how pointlessly large the maps are. A lot of people just aren't that good. The best strategy is to have Sigurd pretty much do everything and have everyone else mop up. Iria/Aria/Ilia (whatever you want to call her) is pretty good, and Lex and Azel are pretty decent, but most of them are just... Lame.

Or maybe I did stick someone in the castle. Or just killed the enemies before they got the chance to even get there, because you get a staff that lets you warp people back to the goddamned castle. It doesn't change the fact that the system is just... Dumb. It's insanely annoying because it serves no other purpose as to attempt to be a **** you. However, even if you left someone in that castle, they'd still have to be pretty strong on the account that if you don't, they'll just get destroyed anyways. Yet the game is so questionably designed that they indirectly recommend that Arden be the guard. Yeah, that'll help. The person that can be pelted by javelins while they can't do jack **** back? And what happens after you kill those reinforcements? Your unit at the castle has to walk back. I mean the reinforcement design is just tedious. It's not hard at all. There's a reason that mechanic never really came back and when it did it came back in the much better designed "DEFEND" mechanic.

FE4 is overrated as hell. Half the reason I think it's so highly rated is because a lot of people haven't played it, so that's the "cool" game. It's not a bad game, and I respect if for what it was doing and mixing things up a bit, but "bold" does not equate to "gold."
---
Jimbo.
#27asbestos_apronPosted 5/17/2013 4:23:42 AM
Awakening for most overrated, although that doesn't mean I think it's bad.

I'd say FE7 is only overrated in terms of characterisation and plot. It's got the best map design imo.

stupid spellcheck, "characterisation" is totally a word. silly american spelling. :(
---
bouncy castles
#28Shadow_Master_JPosted 5/17/2013 4:48:05 AM
Awakening. It is a good game, but it's not the "best game ever" as some point out. Blazing Sword is quite overrated, too... Plot-wise.

For people voting on RD: Wut? I think Radiant Dawn matches Shadow Dragon for the most underrated game on the series! Everyone bashes the plot and the "team changing" mechanic... And they weren't so bad. (the supports and the BK are bashed, too, but IS really screwed in those.) And RD had the best defense maps in the series.
---
If you're reading this, CONGRATULATIONS!! You're wasting your time!!
#29Bronze_StuffPosted 5/17/2013 5:48:40 AM(edited)
Shadow_Master_J posted...
Awakening. It is a good game, but it's not the "best game ever" as some point out. Blazing Sword is quite overrated, too... Plot-wise.

For people voting on RD: Wut? I think Radiant Dawn matches Shadow Dragon for the most underrated game on the series! Everyone bashes the plot and the "team changing" mechanic... And they weren't so bad. (the supports and the BK are bashed, too, but IS really screwed in those.) And RD had the best defense maps in the series.

Team changing was horribly done. It just gimps too many units to even be remotely close to being a good idea. The hate this mechanic gets is well deserved. Dual scenarios are difficult to do right, and RD's is done about as wrong as you can get.

RD had some of the worst in the series as most of them can be 1 turned without any predefined knowledge of the game.
---
Jimbo.
#30wentzelotPosted 5/18/2013 1:33:28 AM
Shadow_Master_J posted...

For people voting on RD: Wut? I think Radiant Dawn matches Shadow Dragon for the most underrated game on the series!

and i think awakening is the best of the series.. WUT NOW ?