CYOA: Out of Darkness III

#71Osranger(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 6:02:47 PM
Need more votes.
---
Those are brave men out there. Let's go kill them!
-Tyrion Lannister, Clash of Kings
#72Osranger(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 7:39:15 PM
Tue between Dracoshield and speedwing. Also, I am curious why no one wants an arms scroll, despite the fact you are going into a class with E rank weapons.
---
Those are brave men out there. Let's go kill them!
-Tyrion Lannister, Clash of Kings
#73SwordMasterEXPosted 5/18/2013 7:41:35 PM
Draco shield and arms scroll

I was checking on the effects sorry for late vote
---
I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand I shall reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction
#74Osranger(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 11:02:33 PM
You decide to buy a Dracoshield and a Talisman from the red headed shopkeeper.

"Thank you for shopping here!" The shopkeeper says smiling. You notice Bramble examining a large silver axe and you need to tug on his arm gently in order to get his attention. Together, you leave the shop.

You have not realized how dark it is outside. The setting sun casts long shadows on the ground, and obscure many of the alleyways. You need to make your way back to the keep quickly in order to avoid being late. The streets are still packed with bustling people, they never seem to leave. The alleys may be a bit clearer, but clothes in shadow, they look somewhat menacing. How should you make your way to the keep?

A. Through the main streets
B. cut through some of the alleys
---
Those are brave men out there. Let's go kill them!
-Tyrion Lannister, Clash of Kings
#75C_D_MPosted 5/18/2013 11:04:09 PM
B. Bunny senses, tingling.
#76Rideps1Posted 5/18/2013 11:05:04 PM
I'll go with B.
---
Possibly the Kellam of the FE:A boards.
But no one notices enough to make it official...
#77SwordMasterEXPosted 5/18/2013 11:13:33 PM
Knowing the Wizard A seems safe but could prove very dangerous while B seems outright dangerous so I'll agree and vote B
---
I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand I shall reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction
#78C_D_MPosted 5/18/2013 11:14:22 PM
SwordMasterEX posted...
Knowing the Wizard A seems safe but could prove very dangerous while B seems outright dangerous so I'll agree and vote B


They can't jump out of the alley to kill us if we're already in the alley!
#79Osranger(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 11:08:15 AM
You gently tug on Bramble's arm and point toward an alleyway.
"We should take a few shortcuts down the alleys. It will cut the time it takes us to arrive in half."

"Are you sure that is safe?" Bramble asks you, " We don't know who hides in the shadows in this city and I would prefer not to find out from experience."

"If we're late, it wouldn't go over well with our host. Let's go." He reluctantly nods and together, you enter the nearest alleyway. It is dark and smells like garbage and mold, but you pass through without incident. You are right, it is much quicker than trying to navigate the streets.

You enter a second alley, it smells nicer than the first one. As soon as you enter, a rough hand grabs your arm and yanks you into the darkness and some thug's arms. Bramble raises his axe and strikes one down as he comes at him as well.

That's what you get for going in first you think to yourself. The thug tries to being a knife to your throat. You quickly draw your rapier and bring it straight up into the thug's wrist. He lets out a sharp cry of pain and drops the knife. You pull the rapier out of his hand as he pushes you away, his companion dead at Bramble's feet.

The exchange was over in seconds, but it could have been the end of you both. You look down at your bloody rapier and sheathe it. Suddenly you feel arms around you again as Bramble embraces you, snapping you from your trance.

"Let's not go through anymore alleys, okay dear." You nod and together you exit the allay and continue toward the keep.
--------------
You arrive at the keep after both Lorkan and Esoteria without incident, and while the sun is still shining. Anya was already inside making sure that everyone was accommodated for.

"Did you run into any trouble?" Esoteria asks you.

"We were jumped, is all. The thugs were dealt with."

"Oh, I am glad you're okay."

"Me too." Lorkan says, "Let's get inside, it's chilly out here."

The keep was not without decorum, but it was rather modest and practical. Rugs for warmth, tables for eating. Beds for sleeping. Nothing was extravagant, but not bare. Same could be said of the food. The five of you were guests of honor, and sat to Commander Brand's right next to Anya. The meal consisted of cured meats and fresh vegetables, served with a weak wine. After the meal ended Brand sent the meals away and the dining hall is now miraculously a war council.

"It pleases me that you have decided to aid me and my people in the coming battle. Our spies have seen their host. They have brought nearly their entire host. Bane will send his three sons to assault us. They will most likely come from all sides and we will prepare for that eventuality. You have seen out walls Esoteria and you can attest that they will not stand to such a force."

Esoteria nods in agreement.

"That is why in two days time, you will meet them on the battlefield."
He turns to you, "I heard that your brother planned the nearly perfect sack of Derdan. I am curious to see if you inherited any of your mother's tactics, or just your father's nose for politics. How would you do this, Princess Alicia?"

How would you prepare for this?
---
Those are brave men out there. Let's go kill them!
-Tyrion Lannister, Clash of Kings
#80Osranger(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 11:15:56 AM
Knowledge:

General knowledge:
Wall isn't stable enough to hold back a full assault
None

Enemy force consists of:
Heroes
Bow knights
Generals
Snipers
Warriors

Enemy leaders are:
A Berserker (Bone)
A Halberdier (Marrow)
A Swordmaster (Blood)

Troops at your disposal include: (one of your commanders must lead them)
Calvalry
Pegasi

Troops at Qurain's disposal include: (Anya, Hellen, or Phoebe must lead them)

Generals
War clerics
Swords men
Heroes
Bow knights

Officers:

You (Alicia)
Bramble
Anya
Lorkan
Esoteria
Hellen

Note: you don't need to use every unit. Those who aren't used will defend the city if stormed.

Now, who will you deploy and where?

A. Alicia, Anya, and Hellen each lead a different force.
Alicia leads Calvalry and pegasi. Anya leads heroes and bow knights, Hellen leads generals and sword masters. The rest stay behind.

B. the same as A, but an additional officer aids each of you. (Your choice on who)

C. Same as A, but all officers besides Hellen and Anya go with you.

D. Custom strategy
---
Those are brave men out there. Let's go kill them!
-Tyrion Lannister, Clash of Kings