Rate the Character, Chapter 7: Gaius!Owain and Gregor!Owain

#1guedesbrawlPosted 5/13/2013 6:57:20 PM
How many pairings should be analysed per chapter? - Results (65 votes)
2, it's fine as it is (6 chapters for most kids)
23.08% (15 votes)
3, a little more than normal is good enough (4 chapters)
40% (26 votes)
4, two-in-one! (3 chapters)
23.08% (15 votes)
6, speedrunning (2 chapters)
13.85% (9 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I asked for 14 votes, and I got that, and exactly that. So, as i said, i'm going to continue this. If it's decided that things will change, they will start after we're done with Owain. Hopefully the poll by itself will attract some...

Results from Kellam and Donnel are in, too! But Ricken and Lon'qu's are coming REAL soon. Sorry.

-------------
*Default Owain:

Classes Available: Myrmidon, Swordmaster, Assassin, Barbarian, Berserker, Warrior, Priest, War Monk, Sage.

Skills Available: Avoid +10, Vantage, Astra, Swordfaire, Lethality, Pass, Despoil, Gamble, Wrath, Axefaire, Rally Strength, Counter, Miracle, Healtouch, Rally Luck, Renewal, Rally Magic, Tomefaire, Resistance +10, Aggressor, All Stats +2, Paragon, Iote's Shield, Limit Break.

Special Inheritance: Speed +2. Relief, Rally Speed, Lancefaire, Rally Movement, Galeforce, Resistance +2, Demoiselle, Rally Resistance, Dual Support+.
-------------

-------------
*Gaius!Owain:

New Classes Available: Fighter, Hero, Thief, Trickster.

New Skills Available: HP +5, Zeal, Sol, Axebreaker, Locktouch, Movement +1, Lucky Seven, Acrobat.

Modifiers:
+3 Speed.
+2 Magic and Skill and Resistance.
+1 Luck.
0 Strength.
-1 Defense.
-------------

Same classes/skills as Vaike!Owain, but with better mods, more suited for magic. Owain's only notable new toy is Sol, for a reliable way to self-heal. He still needs a dependable proc or support skills, but he's fine otherwise. C Rank.

-------------
*Gregor!Owain:

New Classes Available: Mercenary, Hero, Bow Knight.

New Skills Available: Armsthrift, Patience, Sol, Rally Skill, Bowbreaker.

Modifiers:
+2 Magic, Skill and Luck.
+1 Strength, Defense and Speed.
0 Resistance.
-------------

Balanced mods. Owain will do well with whatever weapon he chooses to use. From Gregor, the only notable things he gets is Sol (Awesome) and... Armsthrift. If the latter is relevant or not, it's up to you. Too much overlap here IMO, C rank like the two similar pairings (Gaius and Vaike).
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#2guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 7:16:08 PM
-------------
Character Ranking:

S Rank: The very best pairings, Avatar notwithstanding.

A Rank: Great pairings, can't go wrong picking those.
*Sumia!Lucina
*Olivia!Lucina
*Ricken!Owain

B Rank: Good pairings. Can work decently.
*Mariabelle!Lucina
*Frederick!Owain
*Stahl!Owain
*Kellam!Owain
*Donnel!Owain

C Rank: Average and limited pairings.
*Sully!Lucina
*Virion!Owain
*Vaike!Owain
*Lon'qu!Owain

D Rank: Awful pairings. Cripples the kids, or are useless.
*Maiden!Lucina
-------------
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#3BlueDryBones1Posted 5/13/2013 7:27:10 PM(edited)
C and C

Basically like Inigo except Owain gets Armsthrift from Gregor. Both will perform similarly so gave both the same rank. Sol+Vantage is nice and he can go Berserker/Sage with Tomefaire/Axefaire. Problem is that they just dont bring out the best in him and he ends up doing something he wasnt meant to do. Any Owain can run Vantage+Magic and unless Counter is being taken into account Sol is not needed.

I might get more strict on my ratings later but for now I'm going easy on some of these pairings. Its just very hard to rate any child character low unless its the worst of that child character.

Only things that look like they'll have a SMALL chance to D rank is Fred!Kjelle, Gregor!Inigo, and Donnel!Inigo. But they are basically unscrewable since they are good without taking parents into account.

Perhaps Maiden!Lucina should have its own tier? I dont see anything going alongside her.

12 fathers each child 10 children.
4 options for Sumia 11 children
5 options for Chrom 12 children
120+4+5=129 different non MU child combinations.
And then there is Morgan who we are not doing.

Would take 64.5 topics to complete all of these 2 at a time. 43 if we do 3 at once. I think we should be doing 3.
---
Dry Bones+Magikruiser FTW in MKW ^-^
#4guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 2:25:58 AM
BlueDryBones1 posted...
C and C

Basically like Inigo except Owain gets Armsthrift from Gregor. Both will perform similarly so gave both the same rank. Sol+Vantage is nice and he can go Berserker/Sage with Tomefaire/Axefaire. Problem is that they just dont bring out the best in him and he ends up doing something he wasnt meant to do. Any Owain can run Vantage+Magic and unless Counter is being taken into account Sol is not needed.

I might get more strict on my ratings later but for now I'm going easy on some of these pairings. Its just very hard to rate any child character low unless its the worst of that child character.

Only things that look like they'll have a SMALL chance to D rank is Fred!Kjelle, Gregor!Inigo, and Donnel!Inigo. But they are basically unscrewable since they are good without taking parents into account.

Perhaps Maiden!Lucina should have its own tier? I dont see anything going alongside her.

12 fathers each child 10 children.
4 options for Sumia 11 children
5 options for Chrom 12 children
120+4+5=129 different non MU child combinations.
And then there is Morgan who we are not doing.

Would take 64.5 topics to complete all of these 2 at a time. 43 if we do 3 at once. I think we should be doing 3.

Inigo at least is going to be here soon... let's see if it does happen.You probly didn't go back to the other topic, but as i said, i don't really think that it's an issue.
---
Confession Time!
#5Col_MobiusPosted 5/14/2013 3:26:25 AM
Gaius gives half of what Owain needs, so I'll go B.

Gregor is tied with Donnel for the best physical Owain in the game, so A.
---
3DS FC: 0533-4140-9968
#6DemiseEndPosted 5/14/2013 3:31:12 AM
Gaius

Oh look! Sol

Better than Lon'Qu Owain, but thats not saying much
But Gaius gives more spd mods and essentially same class sets as Vaike

B

Gregor!Owain

Owain needs Luna. Not AT Sol. A pretty good unit regardless and its a Gregor pairing

B
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#7AmicusNintendiPosted 5/14/2013 4:19:46 AM
C for Both.
---
My username is in Latin.
#8Brady672_AT_fanPosted 5/14/2013 5:09:21 AM
C for both
---
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.
#9bearclaw13Posted 5/14/2013 5:15:24 AM
C and B.
---
I have now moved on to version 13! It's amazing!
#10guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 9:05:36 AM
Let's bump it.
---
Confession Time!