story question (no spoilers)

#1mr_ps2Posted 5/14/2013 3:02:20 PM
this is my first fire emblem is the story a stand alone story or does it contenue from a past game?
---
XBox Live GT- Kengo22
#2Goodguy28Posted 5/14/2013 3:04:04 PM
It's a direct sequel to fire emblem 1
---
-------------
"But he's from Boston, do you know how many black people live in Boston? 11, and they're all on the Celtics" -BridgedAbove
#3KhentaiPosted 5/14/2013 3:05:14 PM
Also a sequel to FE3, which is a sequel to FE1
---
US PSN[PS3 Primary] :RPGKenneth
JAPAN PSN[PSP/PS Vita Primary] KennethRPG
#4RDS1Posted 5/14/2013 3:05:26 PM
Technically, it's a sequel to Fire Emblem 3/12, neither of which were released outside of Japan.

However, it's set about 3000 years after those games, and is perfectly understandable without playing them.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#5Goodguy28Posted 5/14/2013 3:07:53 PM(edited)
Khentai posted...
Also a sequel to FE3, which is a sequel to FE1

I guess to be technical fe3 is more of an extended remake of FE1, unless I'm derping and the two books are treated as two completely separate games (IE no levels carried over)

On that note, was New Mystery split into two books as well? I guess that wouldn't make much sense when you consider Shadow Dragon, though. .

---
-------------
"But he's from Boston, do you know how many black people live in Boston? 11, and they're all on the Celtics" -BridgedAbove
#6CeaseYourSaladPosted 5/14/2013 3:07:07 PM
As has already been said, it is a sequel to the Fe 1&3. However, its connection to the story from those games is distant, and the setting is the only thing that is really passed on, so you should not be missing anything particularly significant from not having played those other games.
#7SpikayaPosted 5/14/2013 3:10:07 PM
Goodguy28 posted...

lolno

It takes thousands of years after FE1/3, yes, but you don't need any knowledge of those games to understand what's going on here.
---
TSON!Anna x Me x My Desk
Ya know, after all the random things I've said, people would start using them in signatures. - azn_boy150
#8SpikayaPosted 5/14/2013 3:12:01 PM
Goodguy28 posted...
On that note, was New Mystery split into two books as well? I guess that wouldn't make much sense when you consider Shadow Dragon, though. .

No, they replaced the FE1 remake part with some new chapters featuring the series' first Avatar.
---
TSON!Anna x Me x My Desk
Ya know, after all the random things I've said, people would start using them in signatures. - azn_boy150
#9mr_ps2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 3:12:35 PM
ok thanks, I heard great thing about this game and wanted to play. Just dident want to start a game where i dident understand the story.
---
XBox Live GT- Kengo22
#10TalesOfGodPosted 5/14/2013 3:13:40 PM
Goodguy28 posted...

What the F*** is this ****!?
No it is NOT.

Fire Emblem 1 has a direct sequel and it is not this game. It is FE 3 (if I remember correctly) or the remake of that game is FF12 for DS.

This game is far, FAR in the future of Fire Emblem 1 and 3 where most of the characters from that game are dead (old age and the like).

Anyways to answer your question, you do not need to play other Fire Emblem games but man...will you be missing out a TON. All of the old characters (not to mention the DLC) is related to the older characters and even a character from FE 1 talks about the old days so you won't know what she is talking about.

There are also references here and there like the most famous one being of: "The Hero King Marth" which is actually central to the story (Marth is the main character of FE 1 and the strongest in the series).