So who is more powerful story wise? Ike or Robin. (SPOILERS)

#21Aphoph(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 10:03:46 PM
Jstretch19 posted...
EchoPhoenix posted...
I don't recall any lines saying that the reflections are any weaker in a combat sense than the originals.

Its still a reflection, not really Ike.

So Hubba saying Ike was the strongest doesn't count 'cause it's a reflection?
#22Jstretch19Posted 5/15/2013 10:06:28 PM
Aphoph posted...
So Hubba saying Ike was the strongest doesn't count 'cause it's a reflection?

Depends on whether or not he was referring to the actual Ike or the Einherjar Ike.
#23silver123456789Posted 5/15/2013 10:12:43 PM
from what we have seen in their respective stories, it is easy to say ike. in awakening, many times robin would say something along the lines of 'we need our strongest leading the charge so that would be you chrom'. this, to me, implies chrom is stronger than robin in the story also. storywise, we dont even see or hear of robins prowess on the battlefield, only prowess in tactics. the strongest character storywise from awakening is probably walhart anyways. in fe9 and fe10, all we hear about is ike being the strongest in the whole world out of the beorc.
---
www.chaoscoalition.net
#24katellaPosted 5/16/2013 2:18:48 PM
Late response because i went to bed. Anywho, how is DLC from awakening even remotely relevant? Its 1.) Not canon 2.) Recycled stories with random text. 3.) Who even reads what they say at this point with said recycled stories anyway?

Yap, IS implies Ike is the strongest. But this obviously doesnt apply to the rest of the DLC, because its DLC. IS just wanted to throw out the statement of their opinion on Ike and make you feel special defeating a false copy of him. He doesnt even resemble his look in RD in the DLC, it looks much more like PoR Ike where he hardly had any real experience as RD. Obtw, did i mention him being a reflection(fake)?

Like i said before, Ike has Ragnell, blessing of a goddess, and has "invincible" swordsmanship like his father. By saying that isnt relevant to his character, you are very wrong because when you take certain factors away from a character, youre distorting the character and bending the argument to your favor with empty reasons because the fact is that Ike has all of these things and you can't change that.

tl;dr - Ike > Robin

Come at me! <3
---
On GameFaqs boards, Alt + F4 is your bestest friend. ^_^
#25KamiikorosuPosted 5/16/2013 2:24:03 PM
Literally in every DLC chapter all Hubba says is Ike is the strongest hero of all time
Literally the end of RD does it too
It is implied by IS that Ike is the lord(vanguard haaaa) of all lords.
#26FwahmPosted 5/16/2013 2:30:23 PM
Chrom and Robin are seen as fighting geniuses by much of the army.

Chrom and Robin > most of the army

Chrom admits that Walhart is a stronger fighter than he is.

Walhart > Chrom and Robin > most of the army

Priam is the only fighter in the army that Walhart considers an equal.

Priam = Walhart > Chrom and Robin > most of the army

Priam's goal is to match his ancestor, which means he's weaker than Ike is.

Ike > Priam = Walhart > Chrom and Robin > most of the army
#27GSSAGE7Posted 5/16/2013 3:33:10 PM(edited)
Fwahm posted...
Chrom and Robin are seen as fighting geniuses by much of the army.

Chrom and Robin > most of the army

Chrom admits that Walhart is a stronger fighter than he is.

Walhart > Chrom and Robin > most of the army

Priam is the only fighter in the army that Walhart considers an equal.

Priam = Walhart > Chrom and Robin > most of the army

Priam's goal is to match his ancestor, which means he's weaker than Ike is.

Ike > Priam = Walhart > Chrom and Robin > most of the army

To be fair, Robin is more "tactical genius" than "fighting genius". In a straight up fight, Ike is pretty much confirmed to be one of the strongest lords in Fire Emblem, and Robin's physical prowess is never brought up to be particularly strong. So yeah, in a straight up one-on-one fight, Ike would probably crush Robin, but Robin's strategic ability would probably prevent that from happening.

Although the fact that every scene where Robin is fighting in a cutscene has him as a spellcaster (seemingly specializing in thunder spells), and most Lords (uncluding Ike) have almost legendarily low RES.
#28chunkyshtewPosted 5/16/2013 2:47:58 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ike can't wield magic right? As a Lord, he probably doesn't have access to the rediculously diverse class tree that Robin has either right? I haven't played POR, but this seems like a no-brainer to me.

In a 1v1 Robin could just use mire from a distance, then Aversa's night/cecilia's gale once Ike gets close. And if you say Ike has tome breaker and aegis, I'll say Robin has swordbreaker and pavise. I'll admit this is more a comparisson 'gameplay wise' as opposed to 'story wise', although story wise you would think the ability to weild any magic tome in the history of magic tomes, as well as nearly any other weapon, would give Robin an edge.
---
d(^o^)b ~ And then I ate the bowl!
#29FwahmPosted 5/16/2013 2:58:34 PM
Robin can use tomes and swords, that's it. Class changing isn't canon.
#30katellaPosted 5/16/2013 3:15:46 PM
You guys keep forgetting that the topic is about story mode... ~.~

Comparing mechanics is inaccurate and irrelevant. Theyre two whole different equations that cant be compared. Awakening(fail OP char mechanics) vs RD(excellent game, etc).
---
On GameFaqs boards, Alt + F4 is your bestest friend. ^_^