Rate the Character, Chapter 9: Chrom!Inigo, Frederick!Inigo and Virion!Inigo

#1guedesbrawlPosted 5/15/2013 8:01:07 PM
As decided in Chapter 7, from now on we will do 3 characters per chapter.

Last topic got 9 votes...

-------------
*Default Inigo:

Classes Available: Mercenary, Hero, Bow Knight, Myrmidon, Swordmaster, Assassin, Barbarian, Berserker, Warrior.

Skills Available: Armsthrift, Patience, Sol, Rally Skill, Bowbreaker, Avoid +10, Vantage, Astra, Swordfaire, Lethality, Pass, Despoil, Gamble, Wrath, Axefaire, Rally Strength, Counter.

Special Inheritance: Luck +4, Speed +2. Relief, Rally Speed, Lancefaire, Rally Movement, Galeforce.
-------------

-------------
*Chrom!Inigo:

New Classes Available: Cavalier, Paladin, Great Knight, Archer, Sniper, Bow Knight.

New Skills Available: Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Defender, Aegis, Luna, Dual Guard+, Skill +2, Prescience, Hit Rate +20, Bowfaire, Rally Skill, Bowbreaker.

Special Inheritance: Rightful King.

Modifiers:
+3 Skill and Speed.
+2 Luck and Strength.
+1 Magic.
-1 Defense and Resistance.
-------------

Fast and powerful with slightly shaky defenses. Rightful King allows Inigo to use Astra or Lethality effectively, since they will be much more reliable. Of course, he can now use Luna, who is the better choice. Aegis makes up for his low Resistance and it also is boosted by Rightful King.

He also has the makings of a very good support Bow user, and can be a better support thanks to Dual Guard+ and Paladin. One of the bests Inigos, worthy of at least an A rank.

-------------
*Frederick!Inigo:

New Classes Available: Cavalier, Paladin, Great Knight, Knight, General, Wyvern Rider, Wyvern Lord, Griffon Rider.

New Skills Available: Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Defender, Aegis, Luna, Dual Guard+, Defense +2, Indoor Fighter, Rally Defense, Pavise, Strength +2, Tantivity, Quick Burn, Swordbreaker, Deliverer, Lancebreaker.

Modifiers:
+4 Skill.
+3 Strength.
+2 Defense.
+1 Luck.
0 Speed and Resistance.
-1 Magic.
-------------

Slow, but fine otherwise. Access to Luna grants a more reliable offense, while Aegis can fix his low Resistance. Dual Guard+ and Deliverer are very good for a Galeforce support, and that's what he does best in this case. B rank.

Also has many breakers.

-------------
*Virion!Inigo:

New Classes Available: Archer, Sniper, Bow Knight, Wyvern Rider, Wyvern Lord, Griffon Rider, Mage, Sage, Dark Knight.

New Skills Available: Skill +2, Prescience, Hit Rate +20, Bowfaire, Rally Skill, Bowbreaker, Strength +2, Tantivity, Quick Burn, Swordbreaker, Deliverer, Lancebreaker, Magic +2, Focus, Rally Magic, Tomefaire, Slow Burn, Lifetaker.

Modifiers:
+4 Skill and Speed.
+1 Magic and Strength.
0 Resistance and Luck.
-2 Defense.
-------------

A shaky defense is the only thing out of balance in his mods. Access to Mage and the equal offensive modifiers allow him to wield Tomes with little problem. He gets many breakers, Lifetaker and Deliverer for a Galeforce support.

But, he will be stuck with Astra for big damage, and that's not very good. B rank. Also can be a good Bow user.

-------------
Character Ranking:

S Rank: The very best pairings, Avatar notwithstanding.

A Rank: Great pairings, can't go wrong picking those.
*Sumia!Lucina
*Olivia!Lucina
*Ricken!Owain
*Libra!Owain
*Henry!Owain

B Rank: Good pairings. Can work decently.
*Mariabelle!Lucina
*Frederick!Owain
*Stahl!Owain
*Kellam!Owain
*Donnel!Owain
*Gregor!Owain

C Rank: Average and limited pairings.
*Sully!Lucina
*Virion!Owain
*Vaike!Owain
*Lon'qu!Owain
*Gaius!Owain

D Rank: Awful pairings. Cripples the kids, or are useless.
*Maiden!Lucina
-------------
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#2LurkerkillerPosted 5/15/2013 8:04:29 PM(edited)
Chrom: S
Fred: A
Virion: A
---
LoL NA: Lurkerkiller
SC2 NA: Lurkerkiller.301
#3emblemmaster99Posted 5/15/2013 9:02:24 PM
Kinda sleepy, not in the mood to really discuss this in detail, so...

Chrom!Inigo-A
Good skill selection, good mods, good overall

Frederick!Inigo-B
Good defense and skill, his speed is lacking though, 4/5 of the breaker skills is good though. The speed mod is what kills this pair for me

Virion!Inigo-C
Lacking offensive skills, his skill and speed are this pair's main plus, 4/5 breakers still wouldn't hurt, lower defense and really no good offense really hurts this. Inigo is usually pretty good, but I find this particular pair somewhat lacking
#4Rose_MagePosted 5/15/2013 9:24:23 PM
Only used Virion!Inigo, so only he gets a rating from me, which is a B, because he is surprisingly good as a Sage.
---
R ~ Official Beth of the SMTIV board, Official Caitlin of the PX board, Official Cherche of the FEA board, The_Sol_Blader's loving wife
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l
#5HeoandReoPosted 5/15/2013 11:02:20 PM
It's really difficult for me to really rate Inigo's possible parents, since he already gets everything he needs to become good. Honestly, I'm not even sure what sort of barometer I should be using to measure Inigo, since really any Inigo at all merits an A due to his wonderful skillset.

Chrom!Inigo: S
-Three words make the man: Luna, mods and Rightful King. OK that was 4 words but you get my point. Inigo is also one of one kid who can make full use of Chrom's Archer tree, since he gets Counter and Galeforce along with Pass and Lethality/Astra/Luna to abuse range with.

Frederick!Inigo: A
-This is actually the first Inigo that I tried. It was okay. Not really great or anything. But looking at it again, it's pretty good. Luna is self-explanatory. Pavise/Aegis with tanking with Sol and Armsthrift, bam, now he's Kjelle. Falters a bit in harder stuff due to that speed cap, but hey, that's when you bust out the tanking skills, Axefaire, and Dual Guard+ and turn him into Gerome.

Virion!Inigo: A
Almost all the breakers and almost all the faires because you'd be crazy not to pass down Galeforce. Gives Inigo a lot of versitility. The only downside is no Luna. :( At least he still gets Sniper to abuse all of his wonderful toys like I mentioned in Chrom!Inigo's analysis.
#6IceDissolverPosted 5/15/2013 11:31:13 PM
Virion: B

I wonder if anyone actually deserves to get an S besides Morgan... I don't feel that way myself, unfortunately.

Still, Chrom!Inigo is best pairing for Inigo and gets Luna to make him actually offensive, so S rank it is.

Virion!Inigo gets good mods and Tomefaire if he wants to go magical. He's still a very decent support attacker on the Player Phase, and all he lacks on the Enemy Phase compared to other supports is DG+, which admittedly, is noticeable. Lucky that Aggressor exists because having only Astra for a offensive proc skill is bleh.
#7Google_ChromPosted 5/15/2013 11:36:22 PM
Chrom!Inigo: A
Frederick!Inigo: B
Virion!Inigo: B
---
Official Husbando of Sumia
#8guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 2:26:14 AM
IceDissolver posted...
Virion: B

I wonder if anyone actually deserves to get an S besides Morgan... I don't feel that way myself, unfortunately.

Still, Chrom!Inigo is best pairing for Inigo and gets Luna to make him actually offensive, so S rank it is.

Virion!Inigo gets good mods and Tomefaire if he wants to go magical. He's still a very decent support attacker on the Player Phase, and all he lacks on the Enemy Phase compared to other supports is DG+, which admittedly, is noticeable. Lucky that Aggressor exists because having only Astra for a offensive proc skill is bleh.

We are not rating morgan, so think of Anyone!Morgan and Someone!Avatar as SS Rank characters.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#9shenlongxzPosted 5/16/2013 2:54:45 AM
Aw yeah, now we're getting to the good stuff.

Chrom Inigo: S
Fred Inigo: A
Virion Inigo: B

Chrom - Aegis, Luna, Dual Guard+, Rightful King. Rightful King makes Astra and Lethality more viable, and Chrom's Luna isn't be wasted like it would be on literally all of his other children (dang, they've got really good base classes). Capable sniper, paladin for support, good speed.

Fred - Aegis, Pavise, Dual Guard+, -breaker, Deliverer. Excellent tank with Vantage/Armsthrift, Sol, Aegis and Pavise. Great Galeforce support with Deliverer, Luna and Dual Guard+. Paladin class, access to all the Breakers. Borderline S really, just a little slow.

Virion - Bowfaire, -breaker, Deliverer, Tomefaire, Lifetaker. Great mods, but no reliable offensive proc hamstrings this otherwise solid unit. Has the less exciting options of the other two, and makes for a decent support Sage.
#10DemiseEndPosted 5/16/2013 3:47:07 AM(edited)
Chrom

S

Rightful King is a fun stuff, and Inigo is a proof of it. While I prefered Inigo to get some other dads to make use of his amazing skillsets, I can't deny this is really really good. Also Inigo can gave way to one more RFK abuser, which I won't count

Luna and Astra + RFK is amazing for offensive units, gets DG+/ You know the drill

Frederick

S

The ONLY thing Frederick lacks is the solid mods to go with it. Pavise and Aegis acess turns Inigo into quite a monster. -2 speed is a bummer though. Frederick is literally a number two of Chrom when it comes to Inigo mostly because RFK Inigo is amazing.

Virion

B

I used to think this is the best Inigo, and then I saw the skillsets and I was like, GTFO
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it