Could someone explain to me what is going on with the marriages in my game?

#1lostotakuPosted 5/16/2013 11:51:54 AM
So I was all set to have Chrom marry Olivia, you know, because people say that's the way to go. She shows up all pretty and I think okay, maybe this will work out, I'm happy for them. But all of a sudden we get to killing King Gangrel and Sumia shows up, and apparently he's always known that she's the one for him, etc, etc, ever since they got to C rank and she promised not to tell anyone about that one time he fell down. Okay. I mean, I don't really blame him. Sumia is a hot apple pie and the queen of murder. And Olivia sucks. Her dances refresh just one unit? Just one? That's not how you pull your weight in the Ylissian army, Olivia.

It's just, you know. I was going to marry Sumia. She stabs things. I stab things. She spells things. I spell things. Together, our child would have been the greatest conqueror in all of Westeros. We were the only promoted units and the army and things just made so much sense when we were together. We were B rank together, Sumia. Doesn't that mean anything to you?

All of this happened so fast and now they have a child together and it's been two years but I feel like I haven't done anything with my life since that horrible moment when he proposed to her out of the blue. Do I settle for that try-hard "pretty" pegasus knight, Cordelia? That crazy yandere Tharja? Or go back in time and prevent this unholy union from ever occurring? Please help me. I feel lost and confused and betrayed and broken and I just don't know what to do.

P.S. I'm +Spd -Def, lunatic mode, best units are Sumia (Dark Flier), Avatar (Grandmaster), Panne (Wyvern Rider), and Cordelia (Pegasus Knight) in that order.
#2SlashReturnsPosted 5/16/2013 11:53:48 AM
your problem was C-ranking Sumia. at that point you had to marry her off to yourself.
---
I am Inigo. Ladies, smile you are all beautiful!/Official Husbando of Nah<3
#3GSSAGE7Posted 5/16/2013 11:54:41 AM
... You could marry Sumia before that chapter, and solve that problem.
#4jonnovision1Posted 5/16/2013 11:55:07 AM
ya if any of Chrom's potential wives have C rank or higher then they take priority over Olivia for the forced marriage.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#5SummonearthPosted 5/16/2013 12:03:05 PM
ChromxSumia is actually a good pairing. While you might not end up with the pairings you want the kids won't be horrible.
---
"I will speak my mind and say what I want and if you don't like it, well too bad!" "And my Pikachu pillow says hi"
#6lostotaku(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 12:08:01 PM
Summonearth posted...
ChromxSumia is actually a good pairing. While you might not end up with the pairings you want the kids won't be horrible.

I'm prepared to live with the consequences of my actions, but who should I go for now that Sumia's gone? I was thinking Cordelia, though I'm not sure our kid will be a powerful mage. I mean, she's an ace Pegasus Knight, and pretty, and less clumsy, and not Sumia and oh god I'm thinking about it again, I have to stop thinking like this. Okay. I'm sorry. I'm fine.

But seriously, Sumia was the only other mixed attacker on my team, so who should I pair Avatar with in order to get another mixed powerhouse?
#7guedesbrawlPosted 5/16/2013 12:14:37 PM
lostotaku posted...
Summonearth posted...

I'm prepared to live with the consequences of my actions, but who should I go for now that Sumia's gone? I was thinking Cordelia, though I'm not sure our kid will be a powerful mage. I mean, she's an ace Pegasus Knight, and pretty, and less clumsy, and not Sumia and oh god I'm thinking about it again, I have to stop thinking like this. Okay. I'm sorry. I'm fine.

But seriously, Sumia was the only other mixed attacker on my team, so who should I pair Avatar with in order to get another mixed powerhouse?

As in your kid? NO! Severa is too good for your genes. Good choices are Mariabelle, Tharja, Lissa.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#8StormOSummitPosted 5/16/2013 12:14:55 PM
Owain with a physical father.
---
Do you like darkness? Because you're already dead. *laughs* Die now...