So uh... I really hated the free DLC >_> (spoilers)

#31Kinneth123Posted 5/18/2013 10:11:05 PM
They must be canon to some degree, since you can marry them and they can parent Morgan.
---
When your friend's last words to you include "Who else will I eat ice cream with?!" You might want to rethink your friends. ^^;
#32Airship_CanonPosted 5/18/2013 10:14:30 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
I don't think they're canon.

Then you're thinking wrong.
---
Brought to you in part by noise. For when you want to hear things, but dont want to be bothered with knowing what it is you are hearing.
#33DrakoVongola1Posted 5/18/2013 10:17:20 PM
Kinneth123 posted...
They must be canon to some degree, since you can marry them and they can parent Morgan.

That doesn't mean anything. As far as I know there are no canon pairings in this game.

Airship_Canon posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...

And why might that be?
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#34GrandpriestPosted 5/18/2013 10:21:51 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
Kinneth123 posted...

That doesn't mean anything. As far as I know there are no canon pairings in this game.

Airship_Canon posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...

And why might that be?

Chrom and Sumia are shown to be the wedded couple in the opening cutscene. To help their canon love interested, the cutscene where Sumia saves Chrom and Chrom goes all googly-eyed on Sumia is called "Lovebirds". If there is a canon pairing, it's them.
---
Exdeath: "Get the fruit juice!"
Sephiroth: "I bring you dis pear..."
#35fuzzylittlbunnyPosted 5/18/2013 10:26:28 PM
Death is afraid of Walhart.
---
( ^_^)/\(^_^ )
Maya high five!
#36Lazy_HaarPosted 5/18/2013 10:29:30 PM
You know what the best part about Emmeryn is? She regains her memory as she's dying if you let her fall in battle. Seems like an axe to the head works best for fixing brain damage.
#37SatarackPosted 5/18/2013 10:41:43 PM
Your_LordKing posted...
Satarack posted...
Ok, I think someone has confused the OP about the DLC.

There's free DLC, and then there's paid DLC. It's the paid DLC that takes place in alternate worlds. OP was talking about the free DLC, which takes place in the FE: Awakening world.

How does that explain Priam though?

Why should it explain Priam? This is just about whether certain DLC is cannon (or potentially cannon) or not. Most of the paid DLC have absolutely nothing to do with any game cannon, while the free DLC does have at least the potential to be cannon since it takes place within the same world.

As for Priam, he claims to be descended from Ike, and Ike did go missing after Radiant Dawn; so the fan theory is somehow Ike crossed over to the Ylisse world. Or Tellius is part of the same world as the Ylisse and Valm continents (maybe after a long period of time and continental drifting).

But the thing about Priam that resulted in more vocal upset on the part of some fans is that is disrupts a favoured gay pairing of Ike and Soren (which always seemed forced to me*). Because Ike and Soren have a special ending in Radiant Dawn, a bunch of people shipped them hard as an obviously "official" gay couple. So these guys were tearing their hair out a bit to reconcile their desire for Ike x Soren to be cannon, and the fact that Priam is descended from Ike. One person even came up with this body snatching theory, where Soren uses dark magic to steal the body of a women to have Ike's babies.

*I've always been suspicious of reasoning like this, not only because it's simply a non-sequitar, but because it stinks of confirmation bias and circular reasoning. It's the same type of reasoning that makes people anachronistically project homosexual innuendo back into history onto what would have been innocuous statements for their time.
---
QI, the only fake gameshow that will take points away from panelists for false positive answers in previous episodes.
#38GrandpriestPosted 5/18/2013 10:41:45 PM
Lazy_Haar posted...
You know what the best part about Emmeryn is? She regains her memory as she's dying if you let her fall in battle. Seems like an axe to the head works best for fixing brain damage.

This game really has it in for poor Emm. :/
---
#39Emmy_AltavaPosted 5/18/2013 10:42:41 PM
Lazy_Haar posted...

That's not even the cruelest twist:

This is the only way she will ever regain that knowledge. The only way she will ever fully remember you and Chrom is if you let her die.
#40GrandpriestPosted 5/18/2013 10:47:52 PM
Satarack posted...
Your_LordKing posted...
Satarack posted...
Ok, I think someone has confused the OP about the DLC.

There's free DLC, and then there's paid DLC. It's the paid DLC that takes place in alternate worlds. OP was talking about the free DLC, which takes place in the FE: Awakening world.

How does that explain Priam though?

Why should it explain Priam? This is just about whether certain DLC is cannon (or potentially cannon) or not. Most of the paid DLC have absolutely nothing to do with any game cannon, while the free DLC does have at least the potential to be cannon since it takes place within the same world.

As for Priam, he claims to be descended from Ike, and Ike did go missing after Radiant Dawn; so the fan theory is somehow Ike crossed over to the Ylisse world. Or Tellius is part of the same world as the Ylisse and Valm continents (maybe after a long period of time and continental drifting).

But the thing about Priam that resulted in more vocal upset on the part of some fans is that is disrupts a favoured gay pairing of Ike and Soren (which always seemed forced to me*). Because Ike and Soren have a special ending in Radiant Dawn, a bunch of people shipped them hard as an obviously "official" gay couple. So these guys were tearing their hair out a bit to reconcile their desire for Ike x Soren to be cannon, and the fact that Priam is descended from Ike. One person even came up with this body snatching theory, where Soren uses dark magic to steal the body of a women to have Ike's babies.

*I've always been suspicious of reasoning like this, not only because it's simply a non-sequitar, but because it stinks of confirmation bias and circular reasoning. It's the same type of reasoning that makes people anachronistically project homosexual innuendo back into history onto what would have been innocuous statements for their time.

I haven't done Priam's support conversations with MU yet, so I may be wrong, but I thought that it was never actually fully confirmed that he was a descendant of Ike. It was only strongly implied that he was somehow related to a hero or legend.
---