So uh... I really hated the free DLC >_> (spoilers)

#51DrakoVongola1Posted 5/18/2013 11:19:01 PM
Grandpriest posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
Grandpriest posted...

I'm just gonna copy/paste what I put down as a comment in that video of Ike and Soren's scene together ...

----------------------
I'm gay. I like Ike. I like Soren.
I don't see how this one scene makes Ike or Soren gay (or bi for that matter).
When did watching two friends have a heart to heart suddenly become a way to figure out who's gay or not?
"OH LOOK! These two long-time friends are having a tender moment. Since they are both of the same gender, that must make them homosexual!!!!"
Just ... no. That's not being gay. That's called being a caring friend.
Being gay is "Yo, I'm a guy, you're a guy, and I got boner."
----------------------

While I would love to have a character like Ike to be homosexual, his interactions with Soren proved NOTHING except for the fact that he cares for him.
Now, if Ike went all "I love you Soren. Let's have kids!" or something, then ya, we'd have a gay couple. However, that's not the case. This whole thing with Ike and Soren is so stupid.

Ike never even shows interest in any girls though, and some other things I'm too tired to remember right now. I usually don't support ships, but this one actually has a little merit (AxelxRoxas is another example of a clearly canon yaoi pairing).

Rofl

We are just gonna have to agree to disagree then.
I'm gay, and I love hanging out with women, yet I find that I don't like hanging out with too many guys. Doesn't mean I'm straight, though. That's just how I am, and I think I'm similar to Ike in that respect.

I'm gay too, but I don't really care what gender I hang with. Obviously I somewhat prefer guys, especially ones of the sexy variety, but then I just get sad that all the guys I know are straight (Yet I know so many lesbians and bi girls...) and damn whatever deity made all these hot guys and forgot to make enough of them gay :(
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#52GrandpriestPosted 5/18/2013 11:25:21 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
Grandpriest posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
Grandpriest posted...

I'm just gonna copy/paste what I put down as a comment in that video of Ike and Soren's scene together ...

----------------------
I'm gay. I like Ike. I like Soren.
I don't see how this one scene makes Ike or Soren gay (or bi for that matter).
When did watching two friends have a heart to heart suddenly become a way to figure out who's gay or not?
"OH LOOK! These two long-time friends are having a tender moment. Since they are both of the same gender, that must make them homosexual!!!!"
Just ... no. That's not being gay. That's called being a caring friend.
Being gay is "Yo, I'm a guy, you're a guy, and I got boner."
----------------------

While I would love to have a character like Ike to be homosexual, his interactions with Soren proved NOTHING except for the fact that he cares for him.
Now, if Ike went all "I love you Soren. Let's have kids!" or something, then ya, we'd have a gay couple. However, that's not the case. This whole thing with Ike and Soren is so stupid.

Ike never even shows interest in any girls though, and some other things I'm too tired to remember right now. I usually don't support ships, but this one actually has a little merit (AxelxRoxas is another example of a clearly canon yaoi pairing).

Rofl

We are just gonna have to agree to disagree then.
I'm gay, and I love hanging out with women, yet I find that I don't like hanging out with too many guys. Doesn't mean I'm straight, though. That's just how I am, and I think I'm similar to Ike in that respect.

I'm gay too, but I don't really care what gender I hang with. Obviously I somewhat prefer guys, especially ones of the sexy variety, but then I just get sad that all the guys I know are straight (Yet I know so many lesbians and bi girls...) and damn whatever deity made all these hot guys and forgot to make enough of them gay :(

That just proves that everyone's different and each have their own quarks.
Trust me dude, I feel your pain. But jumping to conclusions and living a lie is a path for the weak. Us gays must be strong, so the honest road of knowledge is the one for us.
---
Welcome to the GameFAQs forums. Please take a seat, and enjoy your stay. Your trolls will be with you, shortly.
#53Emmy_AltavaPosted 5/18/2013 11:32:11 PM
Aha... as a gay guy, I've gotta second the whole "why is every other girl I know a lesbian and there are no gay men" line of thought.

Maybe it's just because this is rural Texas so only lesbians are socially acceptable here. :c

...I don't see anything in Ike and Soren, but at the same time, I'm pretty okay with the ship because, in spite of the fact that I don't believe it, I'd like to believe it, even if I'm only deluding myself. :<
#54DrakoVongola1Posted 5/18/2013 11:36:39 PM
Drako lives in southern WV, like right on the VA border (I cross that border like 10 times a day), not really sure how the general feeling towards gays is. Thankfully most of my friends don't seem to be against it (I have only told two of them though, but others have mentioned it in conversations), but there are still some a*****s who hate gays, but that'll always happen I guess.

I'm not saying Ike and Soren are definitely canon, but it is possible. Ike doesn't seem to be into anyone else that much, and Priam isn't necessarily his son (Or great great great grandson, not sure how far apart the games are) and IIRC they did go off together at the end.

AxelxRoxas however is definitely canon to KH.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#55Emmy_AltavaPosted 5/19/2013 12:21:15 AM(edited)
I don't have much in the way of friends because you get picked on here if you do virtually anything here that deviates from the standard persona of a masculine hyperconservative. I made the error of trusting someone with my sexuality four years ago... and I've had trust issues ever since then.

A decent amount of women at my school seem to be okay with it, but a surprisingly high amount also forget that this does not mean that I want into their pants, please stop trying to make innuendo with me, thank you. The men... no.

-

Although it's true we can't definitely call Priam directly from the line of Ike, I think it's pretty implicit. That doesn't sink it, though - surrogate mothers and bisexuality are both things, and though I don't like the line of thought in this circumstance (although it's very convenient and I wish it existed in reality), I must concede gender-changing magic canonically exists at least in FE13's time.

I just think it's a matter of likelihood. Unfortunately, given conservative Japanese society, I can't imagine them making the main character of an entire continent gay, much less one that kicks as much arse as Ike. I would absolutely love to... but I'm just so used to worse that it sounds too good to have possibly been more than an accident at worst and ship-teasing at best. The strongest gay men I know in Japanese games... probably Joshua Kiryu and Jann Walker, and neither of them are especially masculine with one being an outright antagonist. I don't play many games, though, so I may well be missing some. There's also the ambiguously-bi Olivier Lenheim, but it's implied that it's an act anyhow.

...but I can't argue with KH. That's canon.
#56AugustDreamingPosted 5/19/2013 12:33:51 AM
Yeah I agree TC.
---
Sweet Dreams!
http://www.youtube.com/user/AugustDreams
#57ffdghPosted 5/19/2013 4:41:57 AM
SiegedEagle posted...
Sentinel07 posted...
Emmeryn's is the most bizarre out of all the Spotpass characters, and she's easily the most screwed of them all.

There's only one possible explanation for her surviving the fall...

Miracle proc.

...I shouldn't have laughed at this.
---
the current condition of Nintendo by internet standards.DOOOOOMED
Keyblades and a flightless angel.
#58gamefaqsatronPosted 5/19/2013 4:48:38 AM
ffdgh posted...
SiegedEagle posted...
Sentinel07 posted...
Emmeryn's is the most bizarre out of all the Spotpass characters, and she's easily the most screwed of them all.

Miracle proc.

Strange. Does she come with miracle? I thought she had the mage skill set. . .

In regards to the free DLC, I'm actually more concerned as to how the bonus box works for the team. Did they just happen to "find" the bonus items? Did it pop out of the sky? And why is nobody concerned that all these ancient heroes are appearing all over the map? (Spotpass teams.) Especially before they meet Old Hubba, who explains einhejar.
---
I'm sure Kaiser Blades doing 50dmg per hit won't work well on a keyboard. AmeliaSeyrunn
#59Kinneth123Posted 5/19/2013 5:08:14 AM
gamefaqsatron posted...
ffdgh posted...
SiegedEagle posted...
Sentinel07 posted...

Miracle proc.

In regards to the free DLC, I'm actually more concerned as to how the bonus box works for the team. Did they just happen to "find" the bonus items? Did it pop out of the sky? And why is nobody concerned that all these ancient heroes are appearing all over the map? (Spotpass teams.) Especially before they meet Old Hubba, who explains einhejar.

Gameplay and story segregation, my friend.
---
When your friend's last words to you include "Who else will I eat ice cream with?!" You might want to rethink your friends. ^^;
#60Huff n puff 20Posted 5/19/2013 5:16:07 AM
gamefaqsatron posted...

She doesn't have it, but is a Cleric based unit.

(I personally think she actually died, and was revived by an NPC with the Valkyrie Staff. (Consider this: Look at Fortify. Look up the Valkyrie Staff and look at it. Realize they're the same. Valkyrie is a Rez Rezes are useless due to Casual. There's no need for Valkyrie to make an honest appearance. However, you get a Fortify for clearing A Hard Miracle (which is Emm's paralogue)... All Legendaries are Nerfed (Except Falchion (which is restored to full power) and Nidhogg (which got a lolbuff for no good reason other than to get a buff)) because "THEY OLD", ESPECIALLY the FE4 ones, which are 3000 year old weapons. Valkyrie's Nerf easily could be that it doesn't bring people back perfectly anymore-- which explains why Emm still has brain damage from her fall.)
---
http://i.imgur.com/hbgVYTg.png
http://i.imgur.com/xZMtLvX.gif