Anyone else find it strange that Owain...

#11SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 9:42:29 PM(edited)
Eh, eh, eh. We only know that MU was used to kill Chrom against his will. We have no idea WHEN he truly fell to Grima's full control. Only the vastly different Future's Past version(Even Kjelle admits that the FP version is much stronger than her) says that MU fell to Grima years earlier and stopped taking human form.

For all we know MU does escape, as Chrom says, and eventually is taken over completely by Grima even if MU is unwilling. It also explains why everyone is hush-hush about who killed Chrom and why when separated by the Risen, MU isn't killed but instead "vanishes". If anything the wound weakened MU and as Grima started taking full control MU ran off to avoid being forced to kill his son. It also fits the others not wanting to kill MU but instead try to find another way to get Grima out of him as killing MU was no guarantee that Grima would die anyway.

We also know that it's VERY convenient that Future MU only has memories relevant to defeating Grima transferred to Current MU.

Bleck5 posted...
Cannon father of Owain.

Darn straight!
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#12EndgamePosted 5/18/2013 10:37:44 PM
Or that the best possible use of MU's man seed was in fact the first girl in the game, Lissa?

uhh..... what?

the MU!Noire thing that's somewhat popular here works better as far as first generation MU pairings go
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#13SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 10:47:21 PM(edited)
Endgame posted...
Or that the best possible use of MU's man seed was in fact the first girl in the game, Lissa?

uhh..... what?

the MU!Noire thing that's somewhat popular here works better as far as first generation MU pairings go

MU!Owain > MU!Noire

Noire also has Donnel to break her.
---
#14EndgamePosted 5/19/2013 8:51:24 AM
yeah..... no

-Celica's Gale is cheap enough that Noire doesn't need Armsthrift at the cost of Skl and Spd compared to Gaius

-+Mag - Def father:

Owain: 6 Mag, 3 Spd, already has Sage by default
Noire: 7 Mag, 4 Spd, gets Dark Flier

yeah..... not only does Noire benefit more, but Morgan benefits more
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#15SummonearthPosted 5/19/2013 8:58:09 AM
SazukeEX posted...
Eh, eh, eh. We only know that MU was used to kill Chrom against his will. We have no idea WHEN he truly fell to Grima's full control. Only the vastly different Future's Past version(Even Kjelle admits that the FP version is much stronger than her) says that MU fell to Grima years earlier and stopped taking human form.

For all we know MU does escape, as Chrom says, and eventually is taken over completely by Grima even if MU is unwilling. It also explains why everyone is hush-hush about who killed Chrom and why when separated by the Risen, MU isn't killed but instead "vanishes". If anything the wound weakened MU and as Grima started taking full control MU ran off to avoid being forced to kill his son. It also fits the others not wanting to kill MU but instead try to find another way to get Grima out of him as killing MU was no guarantee that Grima would die anyway.

We also know that it's VERY convenient that Future MU only has memories relevant to defeating Grima transferred to Current MU.

This is pretty insightful.
---
"I will speak my mind and say what I want and if you don't like it, well too bad!" "And my Pikachu pillow says hi"
#16ariasplashPosted 5/19/2013 9:18:16 AM
Endgame posted...
yeah..... no

-Celica's Gale is cheap enough that Noire doesn't need Armsthrift at the cost of Skl and Spd compared to Gaius

-+Mag - Def father:

MU!Owain Dread Fighter>>>>>>>>
#17SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 9:32:47 AM(edited)
On another note.

Anyone elsee notice that Chrom mentions MU's concern for Lissa in his supports with Lissa?

Or that Maribelle has noticed that MU has caught Lissa's eye with how trusting she is of MU?

Huh.

Endgame posted...
yeah..... no

-+Mag - Def father:

Than there's always Gaius if you don't want Armsthrift.

In fact your argument against Armsthrift is even MORE reason not to have MU as her daddy. Also, Tomefaire? Pshaw. All Stats +2 is a very fine alternative.

And not at all. Morgan benefits just fine from Lissa.

The pairing that benefits Morgan and MU the greatest is +MAG MU marrying Sumia as not only does this make Cynthia beyond just support but it also gives MU the best First Gen Support in the game as a lover.
---
#18Misha-HeartPosted 5/19/2013 9:33:35 AM
Because mentioning someone in positive light is totally shipping material.
---
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Oh Poor soul who has lost their love, I will make your heart race once more!
#19SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 9:48:43 AM(edited)
Misha-Heart posted...
Because mentioning someone in positive light is totally shipping material.

Hah.

You and your hate of all things canon. It's really sad.

Notice that no other character ever mentions MU ever being concerned about another female character in their supports with someone else.

Off the top of my head...

Chrom x Lissa
Maribelle x MU
Libra x MU

Mention Lissa in some way when concerning MU or about Lissa in Chrom's case.

How many mention MU's care for Tharja?

Zero.

Also note that no MU x Male Character support ends on a romantic cliff hanger save maybe Frederick(But we all know his S rank was half arsed for FeMU as it's still about bear meat).

FeMU ends in a romantic cliffhanger with characters like Cordelia, Tharja, Lissa, Panne, Severa, Kjelle, and the such.
---
#20BobMcMelonPosted 5/19/2013 9:50:31 AM
Fanboy's wishful or wish-fulfillment thinking is always annoying. Shipping is one thing but to claim something as miniscule as this as support for canon is just annoying. None of them is canon; Eliwood X Ninian had a ton of story support and even then it still isn't canon, so no way in hell is something like this support for canon.