Help with pairings

#1TakoraPosted 5/19/2013 1:42:51 AM
I'm up to around chapter 16 and I've decided to restart the game to give myself an easier time of things now that I know what I'm doing. With that however comes deciding who to pair up with who to get some really strong characters. I'm starting from a blank slate so everything is pretty open game. I'll be running with a male MU who will be using magic.

So far all I've got is Chrom with Olivia to get a pretty damn good Lucina and Inigo. Looking at getting a strong Severa and Morgan as well. I've been doing a bit of reading and it seems like Stahl would be the best father for Severa, and Lucina would work well as a mother for Morgan.

Given the rest of the characters are free, anyone have some thoughts about who I should pair up with who? I've been thinking of pairing up Henry with Lissa so I could make Owain into a good Dread Fighter, but I haven't thought much about anyone else.
#2JudeasPosted 5/19/2013 2:00:21 AM(edited)
If you finish the game and start again you get to keep any renown you've gathered.

I wouldn't do 3rd gen Morgan. It's much better to marry someone who gives 2 kids
so MU can pass down all gender specific classes.
For MaMU it also depends a bit on which child you prefer. Since he is gonna be the best father for pretty much any kid. Except Yarne, Laurent and Gregor I think will never be able to get Galeforce.

Also Inigo is gonna be good no matter who his father is. Same with Severa. It mainly depends on what you want to do with them. Stahl is Severa's best father if you want to make her a physical character.
---
And then God created Saturn...and he liked it, so he put a ring on it.
#3Rockman47Posted 5/19/2013 2:09:36 AM(edited)
Since judging from your post, you are going with MaMU, you have him go to a Gen. 1 female with their own child so you get two great units instead of a slightly greater Morgan (emphasis on slightly with Lucina.) Children that want MaMU's seed the most are Owain, Cynthia, Brady, and Noire (Also Kjelle to an extent). These children get affected the most by their father and what he offers.

Also, if you desire to get possibly the best Gen 2 Morgan, MaMU should go to Nowi just for Manakete's Dragonstones, Nah can also become a amazing tank too.
---
People always find a way to hate each other. Like something old, nostalgia whore. Like something new, tool. Hate the new thing, hipster. The Hate Cycle.
#4Takora(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 4:23:42 AM
Hmm. Think I'll pair MU with Tharja to get Noire as a sorcerer and still get a good Morgan. Thanks for the advice.

Any thoughts on a good father for Owain if I want him to be a Dread Fighter? Henry, Libra and Ricken all come up a lot for him but I don't know who would be best.