Most Overrated Skill in the Game

#1GrandpriestPosted 5/20/2013 2:04:57 PM
Alright guys. Be honest. Which popular skill is the most overrated? - Results (473 votes)
Veteran
5.71% (27 votes)
Paragon
2.54% (12 votes)
Aptitude
9.94% (47 votes)
Armsthrift
17.34% (82 votes)
Sol
4.23% (20 votes)
Astra
6.13% (29 votes)
Lethality
13.53% (64 votes)
Vengence
4.23% (20 votes)
Galeforce
29.18% (138 votes)
Limit Breaker
7.19% (34 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Note that I asked which is the most "overrated" skill. I did not ask which is the best, most powerful, and/or most useful. I'm asking what you think the most OVERRATED skill is.

I'm really interested in seeing the response from this game's community.
---
Welcome to the GameFAQs forums. Please take a seat, and enjoy your stay. Your trolls will be with you, shortly.
#2guedesbrawlPosted 5/20/2013 2:05:55 PM
Armsthrift. Unless you are spamming Aversa, it's better just to stock up with IR and put something useful on that skillslot.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#3ZeroX25Posted 5/20/2013 2:09:28 PM
Astra and Lethality are considered overrated?
---
Potato.
#4IlluminaZer0Posted 5/20/2013 2:19:13 PM(edited)
I actually think Sol might take the cake... That or Limit Breaker.

I'm starting to think of it as a win MOAR skill. Against capped enemies, Luna/Aether starts to become much more appealing for bypassing defense/resistance... Especially if paired up with Pavise/Aegis/Dragonskin.

Sol isn't really significant when the enemy is able to consistently nullify the majority of your damage.

If you are significantly overpowered though, Sol means that you can just sit in the middle of an enemy swarm and never lose health. Mindlessly convenient yes, but not something I would rely on against competitively strong enemies.

Due to Brave Weapon dominance + golden DLC I think that Armsthrift may be a bit overrated as well. But yeah, it's the only way you are going to be spamming Aversa.

Addendum (Limit Breaker)
Might have also voted Limit Breaker as well. By the time it's even a factor, you've already broken the game. It's only significant for Post-Post game content.

Addendum (Lethality):
Lethality as a standalone offensive proc skill is overrated yes. But Lethality is very appealing if you are stacking it with other offensive skills as there really aren't many situations where you wouldn't want it to activate over the other offensive skills.

This is in contrast to say... Sol. Which has priority over Luna and Vengeance... And in fact lacks synergy with any offensive skill aside from Aether.
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#5Grandpriest(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 2:11:00 PM
Why do I have a funny feeling that most of the people who choose Armsthrift as the most overrated skill happen to have the Infinite Regalia DLC?
---
Welcome to the GameFAQs forums. Please take a seat, and enjoy your stay. Your trolls will be with you, shortly.
#6Emmy_AltavaPosted 5/20/2013 2:16:20 PM
Wait, why is armsthrift winning.

Do people actually claim it's like an important skill for battling and all that? Because I thought everyone was on the same page on the fact that it's mostly useful if you're lazy (like me) and don't want to grind Infinite Regalia or Golden Gaffe all day for Helswaths, Ragnells, and Forged Braves, or else if you're cheap and don't want to exhaust your only Helswath, Ragnell, or the forged brave that you can afford. :c

It's my favorite skill simply because it lets me get over the whole I WILL NEVER USE THIS WEAPON BECAUSE THERE MAY BE A BETTER TIME TO USE IT problem.

Galeforce is the actual winner here.
#7guedesbrawlPosted 5/20/2013 2:18:36 PM
Grandpriest posted...
Why do I have a funny feeling that most of the people who choose Armsthrift as the most overrated skill happen to have the Infinite Regalia DLC?

I don't have it.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#8TaiphlosionPosted 5/20/2013 2:23:39 PM(edited)
Maybe galeforce, but it's still great. If it's about a bad skill that people think is good, I'd go with legality. The proc rate is TERRIBLE, and when either luna (which will activate 4 times more) or astra(2 times more) activates, the enemy will probably die anyway. Astra is also pretty bad compared to Luna and a lot of people find it good, so it might be the answer as well.

As a very lazy person, Armsthrift is the best thing in the world and anyone who can have it will have it!
---
"I've got nothing to give, got no reason to live. But I will fight to survive, I've got nothing to hide, wish I wasn't so shy"
#9vanguard29Posted 5/20/2013 2:20:09 PM
armsthrift is the righ answer. if you want to keep a special weapon like a spotpass one, it is useful, but if you have infinite reg for the other special weapons and golden gaff where you can just grind money and forge more weapons, you really dont need armsthrift, but it is nice to have.
---
"Be greater than all that's come before... But... Never be perfect." - Mayuri Kurotsuchi, Captian of Division 12.
#10SazukeEXPosted 5/20/2013 2:22:12 PM
Astra.

It's really bad and if Luna or Sol are options than you should always pick those over Astra.

Armsthrift gets a lot of hate though.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.