Rate the Character, Chapter 13: Henry!Inigo, Chrom!Brady and Frederick!Brady

#1guedesbrawlPosted 5/20/2013 7:22:56 PM
Aw, Libra!Inigo didn't make it to S rank. It is miles better than Chrom!Inigo, and yet...

16 votes! Hopefully it gets even better... also, I doubt this will solve anything, but Serenes is listing Libra and Henry's Inigos as having Dark Knight by default in their Inheritance page... can someone here fix that/inform someone who can?

-------------
*Default Inigo:

Classes Available: Mercenary, Hero, Bow Knight, Myrmidon, Swordmaster, Assassin, Barbarian, Berserker, Warrior, Dread Fighter.

Skills Available: Armsthrift, Patience, Sol, Rally Skill, Bowbreaker, Avoid +10, Vantage, Astra, Swordfaire, Lethality, Pass, Despoil, Gamble, Wrath, Axefaire, Rally Strength, Counter, Resistance +10, Aggressor, All Stats +2, Paragon, Iote's Shield, Limit Break.

Special Inheritance: Luck +4, Speed +2. Relief, Rally Speed, Lancefaire, Rally Movement, Galeforce.
-------------

-------------
*Henry!Inigo:

New Classes Available: Dark Mage, Dark Knight, Sorceror, Thief, Trickster.

New Skills Available: Hex, Anathema, Slow Burn, Lifetaker, Vengeance, Tomebreaker, Locktouch, Movement +1, Lucky Seven, Acrobat.

Modifiers:
+4 Skill.
+2 Strength, Speed and Magic.
+1 Defense.
-1 Resistance and Luck.
-------------

First of all: Armsthrift Sorceror.

While Inigo does not get Tomefaire to complement his Magic, he still is able to be good at it. He gets access to the Vantage combo with Vengeance, and can use that as a physical unit if he wishes. I feel he is a A rank Inigo, just not as A rank as Libra!Inigo.

And now, Brady!

-------------
*Default Brady:

Classes Available: Priest, War Monk, Cavalier, Paladin, Great Knight, Mage, Sage, Dark Knight, Dread Fighter.

Skills Available: Miracle, Healtouch, Rally Luck, Renewal, Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Defender, Aegis, Luna, Dual Guard+, Magic +2, Focus, Rally Magic, Tomefaire, Slow Burn, Lifetaker, Resistance +10, Aggressor, All Stats +2, Paragon, Iote's Shield, Limit Break.

Special Inheritance: Resistance +2, Demoiselle, Rally Resistance, Dual Support+, Speed +2. Relief, Rally Speed, Lancefaire, Rally Movement, Galeforce.
-------------

-------------
*Chrom!Brady:

New Classes Available: Archer, Sniper, Bow Knight.

New Skills Available: Skill +2, Prescience, Hit Rate +20, Bowfaire, Rally Skill, Bowbreaker.

Special Inheritance: Rightful King.

Modifiers:
+5 Luck.
+3 Magic and Skill.
+2 Speed and Resistance.
-1 Strength.
-3 Defense.
-------------

Brady doesn't have what it takes to make good use of the Archer tree, so it's basically useless. Rightful King is cool, but both Luna and Aegis will be triggering very often... making it overkill.

Outside of the -3 Defense, his mods are good, and he's already such a nice support by himself, that you can't really give Brady a D Rank. I'm going with C rank here.

-------------
*Frederick!Brady:

New Classes Available: Knight, General, Wyvern Rider, Wyvern Lord, Griffon Rider,

New Skills Available: Defense +2, Indoor Fighter, Rally Defense, Pavise, Strength +2, Tantivity, Quick Burn, Swordbreaker, Deliverer, Lancebreaker.

Modifiers:
+4 Skill and Luck.
+3 Resistance.
+1 Magic
0 Strength and Defense
-1 Speed.
-------------

Modwise, Frederick's mods are at odds with Mariabelle, and outside of Resistance, he got gimped in all of the other relevant stats.

But, on the good side, he gets Pavise to fix his Defense as a magic user, and Deliverer to complete his support set. Still not good enough. C rank too.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#2guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 7:23:46 PM
-------------
Character Ranking:

S Rank: The very best pairings, Avatar notwithstanding.
*Chrom!Inigo

A Rank: Great pairings, can't go wrong picking those.
*Sumia!Lucina
*Olivia!Lucina
*Ricken!Owain
*Libra!Owain
*Henry!Owain
*Frederick!Inigo
*Stahl!Inigo
*Kellam!Inigo
*Ricken!Inigo
*Libra!Inigo

B Rank: Good pairings. Can work decently.
*Mariabelle!Lucina
*Frederick!Owain
*Stahl!Owain
*Kellam!Owain
*Donnel!Owain
*Gregor!Owain
*Virion!Inigo

C Rank: Average and limited pairings.
*Sully!Lucina
*Virion!Owain
*Vaike!Owain
*Lon'qu!Owain
*Gaius!Owain
*Vaike!Inigo
*Lon'qu!Inigo
*Gaius!Inigo

D Rank: Awful pairings. Cripples the kids, or are useless.
*Maiden!Lucina
*Donnel!Inigo
*Gregor!Inigo
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#3Model_OmegaPosted 5/20/2013 7:29:12 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4Rockman47Posted 5/20/2013 7:30:51 PM
Henry!Inigo - B. Henry is too high in demand for Inigo to have him and besides Sorceror, he doesn't offer much. Actually, Libra's demand is the reason why he got an A from me.

Chrom!Brady - D. Worst of Chrom's kids. Offers a bad class and a skill Brady doesn't need.

Frederick!Brady - C. On Full support duty just for Deliverer and Brady can't really use the PasGis combo effectively compared to others.
---
People always find a way to hate each other. Like something old, nostalgia whore. Like something new, tool. Hate the new thing, hipster. The Hate Cycle.
#5guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 7:35:46 PM
Rockman47 posted...
Henry!Inigo - B. Henry is too high in demand for Inigo to have him and besides Sorceror, he doesn't offer much. Actually, Libra's demand is the reason why he got an A from me.

Did you forget that "Demand" doesn't matter here?
---
Confession Time!
#6Brady672_AT_fanPosted 5/20/2013 7:35:52 PM
Henry!Inigo: S

I gave Libra an S, and since they're more or less the same, Henry gets an S too. Also, his strength is so good he can still make a good hero!

Chrom!Brady: D

This was probably an accident because you didn't pair Chrom off quick enough...

Frederick!Brady: D

Turns him into a nice defensive minded Sage, but there are better ways to do this.
---
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.
#7HeoandReoPosted 5/20/2013 7:47:08 PM(edited)
Henry!Inigo: A
Libra!Inigo minus everything that made him great. Thief is useless to him, Barbarian overlaps, and he trades off War Monk, Tomefaire and Sage access in favour of Dark Mage alone. Kind of a raw deal, if you ask me.

It's not bad, since he can still run Vantage/Vengeance/Wrath and still abuse Aversas, which complimented with his awesome class set still warrants an A regardless, but compared to his other magic options, Henry!Inigo is very lacking.

Chrom!Brady: D
Brady's situation is that he's a slightly worse Inigo. He starts with just enough to be good, but he needs that little extra push to be great, unlike Inigo who starts out great no matter what.

Chrom is not that little extra push, not by a country mile. Cavalier is useless because Brady already gets it. Archer is useless because Brady can't get Warrior or Assassin, and he can't fly. The only other thing he gets is Rightful King, which would be good if he had stuff to abuse it with, like Inigo does.

Frederick!Brady: C
Tanks all of Brady's important stats while not offering enough in return. Great Knight access is squandered entirely. I guess Pavise/Aegis makes him tanky, and he can run... Deliverer? Quick Burn? I dunno. This gets a C and I'm being generous.
#8DemiseEndPosted 5/20/2013 7:52:47 PM(edited)
Henry!Inigo

Almost everything that applies to Libra!Inigo applies here, and by almost I mean Vantage Sorcerer. Solid choice overall, and nothing else

A

Chrom!Brady

On the base, Brady already get Agressor, Luna, DG+. 1 slot is for LB, and one for Galeforce

If you did not realize it yet, Brady is an unscrewable child, for a lot of reason. He has the amazing Cavalier line, and have Galeforce. He's like the male version of Cynthia, trading off acess to Dark Flier, for Agressor and Zerker, which means Brady is the Ultimate Support Unit, who can support Physical and Magical while still having Galeforce.

That being said, to judge Brady is to judge how much they ruined his base, or add something on it. Don't be surprised when a father suddenly become amazing on Brady

For this one, this is the core of 101% Miracle, however Brady gets only Archer which is surprisingly good for Agressor Galeforce supporter. Brady already has skill room problem, so keep that in mind.

Overall, Chrom give solid mods and still giving solid class to play with, and is definitely underrated. Bow Knight for a supporter is, by all means identical with Cellica Gale supporter, the ability to get assistance assault from 2 range is extremely valuable. Sniper increases the safety into 3 Range, albeit with a so-so pair up bonus.

B. Not but and if about it. Sully!Lucina gets C, yet this amazing thing gets D? Gimme a break people

Frederick!Brady

Speed mods is annoying, but Frederick once again gives Pavise for survivability should you want them(and IMO its not good). This is a waste of Luna, which is annoying.

What Frederick gives to Brady is an option to ride Wyvern, getting Deliverer on Brady's superb supporting skillset. Overall, this is comparable to Chrom!Brady in a lot of ways, largely coming from the simmilar pair up bonus, and mediocre skills of the Wyvern line. Personally I love the addition of Deliverer on his skill pool

A. Hint: mods related. I will give S sooner or later because Brady is that kind of amazing
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#9Pitbuller_26Posted 5/20/2013 7:50:07 PM
Henry!Inigo: S
Having a bloodthirsty father and a shy mother makes for a good child.

Chrom!Brady: C-, if not then a D.
This is pretty bad and Brady is a kid that's almost impossible to mess up. Chrom only gives him Archer and Rightful King and Brady can't really make good use of RK. At least he has nice luck though.

Frederick!Brady: C
Well Fred has has nice skills and Brady gets nice resistance and defense. He gets the Wyvern and Knight line. I don't know what to rate this, it's not bad but it's certainly not the best.
---
http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1268.png http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-2062.png http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1750.png
#10NidtendofreakPosted 5/20/2013 7:56:08 PM
Henry!Inigo: A for reasons already stated.

Chrom!Brady: B. Only adds one useful skill, and okay mods. That skill can be a lifesaver though in the right combinations.

Frederick!Brady: C. This is a time where mods matter. They suck. Cripples him offense wise, negative speed, only good thing really is resistance. He does get Pavise and breakers out of it though.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.