Next FE game

#1Firestar0513Posted 5/21/2013 7:06:35 PM
How would you guys feel about the next Fire Emblem game being something on a smaller scale?

I don't mean a smaller or shorter game, but the conflict is smaller. It can still have the typical "ancient power" or really strong ending boss/antagonist but the majority of the conflict is something along the lines of Radiant Dawn Part 1. The antagonist's intentions could be bigger and worldwide but the major conflict would revolve around a group of resistance fighters like the Dawn Brigade and they're liberating their country, be it from a tyrannical government or like Radiant Dawn, where it is their ruling country from post war.

Do you guys think this would be a good idea? I am somewhat indifferent about it, and it was more of just a thought of mine that I had when I started replaying the game.

Tell me what you guys think and ideas about what kind of things would be in it, character-wise and story line-wise.
#2SazukeEXPosted 5/21/2013 7:07:32 PM
Japan would rage.

They really love killing Evil Dragons.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#3Firestar0513(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 7:10:03 PM
SazukeEX posted...
Japan would rage.

They really love killing Evil Dragons.

I said it could still be a plot point, such as the antagonist's true goal over controlling the country, however it would be a lot harder to implement into the storyline.
#4SazukeEXPosted 5/21/2013 7:11:12 PM
Well you see...

In the West we like "Realistic", Japan likes "Fantasy" more for this type of stuff.

So they don't care as much as us over plot holes or the stuff and more about being awesome and doing heroic things.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#5Spitz_of_TFFPosted 5/21/2013 7:12:00 PM
We already have FE9 for that though.

So no. I LIKE the big stories anyways.
---
I'm Insane! Who wants cookies?!
As far as I'm concerned, Humanity's totally screwed
#6qwertyman2002Posted 5/21/2013 7:12:38 PM
That's basically what FE6 and FE8 were about until the story was escalated.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/qwertyman/caterpie.gif
Hey look, it's qwertyman2002, let's read his posts!
#7Firestar0513(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 7:13:02 PM
SazukeEX posted...
Well you see...

In the West we like "Realistic", Japan likes "Fantasy" more for this type of stuff.

So they don't care as much as us over plot holes or the stuff and more about being awesome and doing heroic things.

Well, then this sounds like the perfect idea. We get the realistic stuff, and then they throw in an evil dragon that makes no sense but the protagonists conquer it and then save the country/world. Everyone wins.
#8AphophPosted 5/21/2013 7:14:34 PM
Sacred Stones has a better story than Radiant Dawn.

So not really.
#9GoIdenAcePosted 5/21/2013 7:16:32 PM
Aphoph posted...
Sacred Stones has a better story than Radiant Dawn.

So not really.

SS I think had one fo the better stories

you go in, trying to reclaim your home, you find zombies on the way, by the time you reclaim your home you have a small army who is all ready to face the zombie king
---
Official Husband of Anna (from paralouge 4)
(on the FE:A boards)
#10DemiseEndPosted 5/21/2013 7:16:43 PM
FE5

nuff said
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it