I thought parents were supposed to pass down all their skills...

#1Face_LostPosted 5/23/2013 1:50:27 PM
I recently started recruiting characters as most of my parents have their 2nd skills on their 2nd class, but the children are only receiving like 1 or 2 skills from each parent. It seems totally random. Is this how it's supposed to work?
---
Trolling: The act of expressing an opinion.
#2legendriderPosted 5/23/2013 1:52:07 PM
The parents pass down the last skill in their skill slot
If they passed down all their skills, you know hoe broken that would be?
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196
#3GoIdenAcePosted 5/23/2013 1:52:08 PM
they child will already be at level 10 in a teir1 class, so if the last skill for their parent is the same skill, they inherit nothing
---
Official Husband of Anna (from paralouge4)\(on the FE:A boards)
XboxOne, your brand new $700 idiot box
#4endgelPosted 5/23/2013 1:52:22 PM
They pass the last equipped skill.
---
lol!
#5TIFFDPosted 5/23/2013 1:53:09 PM
only get the last non-DLC skill from each parent (unless thy parent is Chrom who passes down a particular Great Lord Skill instead)
---
Do I dream of a time long past, a time yet to come, or a place never to be seen?
#6CaptainBangPosted 5/23/2013 1:54:59 PM
This ain't FE4 son.
Lowest skill on the list is the skill that the unit inherits.
---
CoD players should stick to things suitable for their level of intelligence, such as flicking light switches.
#7legendriderPosted 5/23/2013 1:55:49 PM
TIFFD posted...
only get the last non-DLC skill from each parent (unless thy parent is Chrom who passes down a particular Great Lord Skill instead)

Oh yeah, that
Chrom always passes on Rightful King to boys, Aether to girls, no matter the last skill
Does this rule apply to:
Any son of Chrom (Rightful king)
Any daughter of Chrom (Aether)
Aversa (Shadowgift)
Walhart (Conquest)
???
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196
#8I_eat_tablesPosted 5/23/2013 1:55:58 PM
Each child gets up to four skills:

Two skills from their base class (one if they're a special class)
The last skill their mother has equipped that they don't have
The last skill their father has equipped that they don't have.

I'm not sure exactly what happens if both the mother+father have the same skill in the last slot, or if either has no skills equipped that the child doesn't have but does have spare skills that the child doesn't.
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#9shiningpikablu252Posted 5/23/2013 2:04:20 PM(edited)
Each parent only passes down one skill. That skill is usually the skill in slot 5 on a unit's equipped list. Exceptions occur when:

-Slot 5 is Special Dance
-Slot 5 is a DLC skill
-Slot 5 on the mother is the same as slot 5 on the father (the skill in question will be inherited from the father in this case)

(What I mean by the third point is like the following example: If a Stahl!Kjelle stands to inherit Luna from both Stahl and Sully, Kjelle will inherit Luna as her skill from Stahl, and inherit a skill higher up on Sully's list. In my test, it was slot 3 on Sully, as slot 4 on Sully at the time of the test was Iote's Shield, a DLC skill. I haven't actually finalized my Kjelle, although I'm two points of Resistance on Stahl away from being ready to do so, and haven't quite finalized what I want Kjelle to actually inherit...)

In these cases, it's skill 4 that passes down. If skill 4 also falls into the above, it keeps moving up the list until an eligible skill is found. I actually have yet to test what happens if all equipped skills are ineligible for inheritance...
---
I am a die hard Pokemon fan to the most, including the traditional hate of Yu-Gi-Oh.
#10endgelPosted 5/23/2013 2:02:37 PM
shiningpikablu252 posted...
In these cases, it's skill 4 that passes down. If skill 4 also falls into the above, it keeps moving up the list until an eligible skill is found. I actually have yet to test what happens if all equipped skills are ineligible for inheritance...

I'd guess that nothing is pass in that extreme case.
---
lol!