Confused as to how experience point gain works

#1effhaPosted 5/25/2013 10:55:42 PM
I've seen the formulas and stuff, but I guess I must be missing something here. I promoted Severa to Hero at level 20, and then when she was a level 16 Hero, I reclassed her to a Falcon Knight. I promoted Kjelle to a GK at level 20, and when she was a level 16 GK, I reclassed her to Bride. Yet somehow, Severa gets peanuts for XP (around 10-15 xp for killing promoted enemy units) while Kjelle gets an extremely significant amount per kill (50-ish), also killing promoted enemy units. I double checked and made sure that they were indeed killing similar enemies (it was on Paralogue 11, Kjelle was getting a boatload of XP for killing Warriors and Snipers, while Severa was in the air and getting hardly any XP for killing Wyvern Lords).

What gives? Is EXP gain perhaps calculated differently for the DLC classes?
#2chtma653Posted 5/25/2013 11:34:40 PM
Bride is an unpromoted class, so they'll generally have better xp gains than promoted classes.
---
I, do, no,t, hav,e, a, c,o,m,m,a, p,ro,,,b,,l,em,,,,,
You may not include spoiler tags in your signature :(
#3SparklelordPosted 5/25/2013 11:40:09 PM
chtma653 posted...
Bride is an unpromoted class, so they'll generally have better xp gains than promoted classes.

Yeah, tc, special classes like bride, taguel, dancers, villagers, etc. count as unpromoted classes when leveling. When they hit a level of maybe 15 or 20(?), a second seal will let them chose promoted classes unlike regular unpromoted classes.
---
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Rob/bloodyguy.png
#4effha(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2013 11:41:52 PM
Oh ok, that makes sense. I guess Bride and Dread Fighter would be the best classes for most efficiently stat grinding then, huh? Promoted class caps and unpromoted class gains.