So what would Vaike and Gregor's canon class be?

#1G1ingyPosted 5/25/2013 11:19:22 PM
Besides Henry, pretty sure Vaike and Gregor are the only two 1st gen characters whose outfit isn't unique when they promote into anything.

...and yes, I DO consider unique outfits as indicators as canonicity..although I WISH they put in the effort to make all classes unique for all characters.
#2SazukeEXPosted 5/25/2013 11:27:07 PM(edited)
Warrior(Axes and dat metal collar!) for Vaike and Hero(Swell Sword) for Gregor.

Swell Sword indeed.

Henry would actually fit better as a Dark Knight based off his supports though Dark Knight cannot use Dark Magic so... Yeah.

I'm unsure if Henry is unique as a Dark Knight as I don't use the class other than to grab skills.... But he does have a Grey Tint.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#3G1ingy(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2013 11:30:48 PM
I assume Henry is canonically a Sorcerer because he constantly talks about using dark magic..........which Dark Knights can not stupidly enough(balance reason, I know, but I wish they found a way to let them use it).

Also, why Hero with Gregor? I have no idea what swell sword is...
#4SazukeEXPosted 5/25/2013 11:31:52 PM
He's a Mercenary and his supports support that he's a very skilled with his swell sword. Axes is just a bonus.
---
#51998_zPosted 5/25/2013 11:34:18 PM
Dark Knight for Henry, beCAWs he doesn't deserve being skimpy. Plus it sorta fits him.

Hero for Gregor. As for Vaike, either Warrior or Berserker.
---
OP tomes, high Res, and skills be damned; I won't use Sorcs.
O furious and insane gods! Send me ten-nay, TWENTY of your finest cakes!
#6RDS1Posted 5/25/2013 11:37:18 PM
Lissa has more than one unique outfit, as does Maribelle. What are their canon classes?
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#7SazukeEXPosted 5/25/2013 11:42:38 PM(edited)
Lissa is War Cleric for the game, Sage when she's much older and after the game... Valkyrie is just there because of her friendship with Maribelle being super special awesome.

Maribelle is obviously Valkyrie as canon but she also has a pink War Cleric outfit which again is a reference to her super special awesome friendship to Lissa.

Still, it's funny that Lissa has four unique outfits. Cleric, War Cleric, Sage, and Valkyrie. Many characters are lucky to have more than just their base class!

1998_z posted...
Dark Knight for Henry, beCAWs he doesn't deserve being skimpy. Plus it sorta fits him.

Hero for Gregor. As for Vaike, either Warrior or Berserker.

Gonna say Warrior over Berserker because of the Metal Collar while Beserker uses bones and doesn't look like an actual upgrade from Fighter like Warrior.

If he started out as a Barbarian than I would say Berserker.
---
#8G1ingy(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2013 12:19:31 AM
Wait, can't the Bow Knight use swords too just like the Hero? I mean, admittedly I didn't realize they could use swords until later into the game when one of the Bow Knights at Port Ferox charged into my with a sword rather than use his bow for some reason, but still.

Also, for characters with two promoted unique outfits, either works really. For Maribelle, I edge closer to Valkyrie on the grounds that she's introduced as a Troubadour. Lissa could be either, but I chose Sage for her on the grounds that swinging an axe around just doesn't suit her.

But it's pretty obvious that characters with unique looks in their promoted classes are canon. What, do you honestly think Sniper Chrom is canon? Or Griffon Rider Cherche is canon? Do you think Cherche would throw away Minerva and start calling her Griffon "Minerva"?

Which bugs me..........there is no canon Griffon Rider in this game at all.