Streetpass Rally Bots.

#1Airship_CanonPosted 5/27/2013 2:59:46 PM
Do NOT leave your Rally Bot Unarmed!
If you must, give them a Heal Staff (use Falcon Knight), but not unarmed.

Any unit that isn't a healing class with a staff will FLEE if they cannot fight-- they will move away from the player at all times, and towards the corners of the map if they can- in such a way that will make it hard for the player to reach them.

This means your Rally Bot will -NOT- use its Rallies instead it will run away from the fight.

Semi-related Note: Unarmed Fliers can actually force a cats game though-- on the right map (Ch 7 is a perfect example), fliers can become completely inaccessible to non fliers, and if you don't have fliers deployed (or Fliers at all!) or Mire access, you cannot win.
---
Brought to you in part by noise. For when you want to hear things, but dont want to be bothered with knowing what it is you are hearing.
#2I_eat_tablesPosted 5/27/2013 3:01:44 PM
Not true. I went up against a team which didn't have any weapons equipped. They all just stood around in groups near people with rallies.
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#3Airship_Canon(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 3:03:43 PM
I_eat_tables posted...
Not true. I went up against a team which didn't have any weapons equipped. They all just stood around in groups near people with rallies.

That's if EVERYONE doesn't have weapons.
If you've got a unit without weapons else wise, they run the hell away.
---
Brought to you in part by noise. For when you want to hear things, but dont want to be bothered with knowing what it is you are hearing.
#4GoldenPower89Posted 5/27/2013 3:07:43 PM
I suggest that you don't give them weapons. They aren't built for combat. Instead, give them a rescue staff to bring a decent fighter within range.
---
"I used to be an adventurer like you, but I took an arrow to the knee." - Whiterun Guard
#5Airship_Canon(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 3:11:21 PM
GoldenPower89 posted...
I suggest that you don't give them weapons. They aren't built for combat. Instead, give them a rescue staff to bring a decent fighter within range.

The AI is fickle with the Rescue. There's no guarantee that they'll do anything useful with it. And they may use it to drag a unit away from you.
I'd suggest Heal, Mend, or Recover. These are range 1 staves, which forces the unit to be close to the fight, and if nothing's needing heals right away, they'll Rally.
They'll run away if you give them Fortify, Physic, Catharsis, or Goddess and use it away from the action.
---
#6GoldenPower89Posted 5/27/2013 3:19:06 PM
Airship_Canon posted...
GoldenPower89 posted...

The AI is fickle with the Rescue. There's no guarantee that they'll do anything useful with it. And they may use it to drag a unit away from you.
I'd suggest Heal, Mend, or Recover. These are range 1 staves, which forces the unit to be close to the fight, and if nothing's needing heals right away, they'll Rally.
They'll run away if you give them Fortify, Physic, Catharsis, or Goddess and use it away from the action.

That's probably true. AI in FE games don't usually use much strategy, other than using the terrain to their advantage. I usually give my rallybots Fortify and Physic as well. The AI should be able to use that effectively.
---
"I used to be an adventurer like you, but I took an arrow to the knee." - Whiterun Guard
#7Airship_Canon(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 4:01:04 PM
GoldenPower89 posted...
Airship_Canon posted...
GoldenPower89 posted...

That's probably true. AI in FE games don't usually use much strategy, other than using the terrain to their advantage. I usually give my rallybots Fortify and Physic as well. The AI should be able to use that effectively.

I'd be careful with those- due to the ranged nature of them, the units will stay away from the fight to safely staffbot.
---