CYOA: Age of the Sun (Part 3)

#211Cheesepower5(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 3:52:50 PM
As a slight intermission while I continue the next few supports, I want to ask a few questions. Also so there'll be something to talk about in this topic overnight, since if I do finish the supports by the time I hit the hay, I doubt I'll have the energy to put out a choice post too.

The questions aren't overly important, but the general consensus will be taken as Prideri's opinions, stated or not, and they might have some effect on certain events.

Do you think Mirthin has grown as a person since the adventure began? If not, do you think he still will?

Do you think that as Prideri climbs higher in status and fame, that it will distance him from his best friend Morphanz?

Do you think that Ketil will make a good King, or do you think his foolishness will get in the way?

Is it weird for an older guy like Garth or Ketil to marry a younger girl like Erin or Anja?

And on that note, do you think it's weird for an older woman like Norwenna to marry a younger man like Mirthin?

Do you think Constantin genuinely cares about his family, even though he's still willing to use them for his own ends? Is it even possible to do both?

Do you think Taliesin hides things from you because he thinks it's necessary, or is he trying to deceive you?

Do you think what Rory says about Diomedes is true, and that he's probably a pretty swell guy?

Do you think Gotha will be outwardly unpleasant if you oppose yourself to him?

Do you think Rajha will seem unpleasant at all?

Do you think Tristan will get over his problems and redeem himself?

And lastly... Have you ever thought that the negative result of an option you've taken was directly Prideri's fault, for example any option that resulted in a lot of generic soldier deaths? Or was it an understandable mistake?

You don't have to answer all or any of the questions, they're mostly just things that will make it easier to write later scenes.
---
Official Naga Raja of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
Official King Marth of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Board
#212Spitz_of_TFFPosted 6/22/2013 4:11:25 PM
Cheesepower5 posted...

Do you think Mirthin has grown as a person since the adventure began? If not, do you think he still will? Yes, though could use more spotlight time.

Do you think that as Prideri climbs higher in status and fame, that it will distance him from his best friend Morphanz? What? No. though they need to see each other more.

Do you think that Ketil will make a good King, or do you think his foolishness will get in the way? Ketil can be good, just plop an advisor just in case.

Is it weird for an older guy like Garth or Ketil to marry a younger girl like Erin or Anja? Nope. Love across all ages... except in extreme-14-70 cases.

And on that note, do you think it's weird for an older woman like Norwenna to marry a younger man like Mirthin? See above.

Do you think Constantin genuinely cares about his family, even though he's still willing to use them for his own ends? Is it even possible to do both? No, no.

Do you think Taliesin hides things from you because he thinks it's necessary, or is he trying to deceive you? Necessity.

Do you think what Rory says about Diomedes is true, and that he's probably a pretty swell guy? Maybe. We can kinda trust Rory, but don't put too much stock in him.

Do you think Gotha will be outwardly unpleasant if you oppose yourself to him? Possibly. Who's to say the nature of him other than you?

Do you think Rajha will seem unpleasant at all? Maybe...

Do you think Tristan will get over his problems and redeem himself? I believe he can, if he builds bonds with everyone he can. If he doesn't support anyone, no. And I STILL think he's using Iseult.

And lastly... Have you ever thought that the negative result of an option you've taken was directly Prideri's fault, for example any option that resulted in a lot of generic soldier deaths? Or was it an understandable mistake? War happens, and you can't save every little soldier.

---
I'm Insane! Check out my CYOA HERE: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66270067
As far as I'm concerned, Humanity's totally screwed
#213Sanjima_RyukuPosted 6/22/2013 5:49:32 PM
Cheesepower5 posted...
As a slight intermission while I continue the next few supports, I want to ask a few questions. Also so there'll be something to talk about in this topic overnight, since if I do finish the supports by the time I hit the hay, I doubt I'll have the energy to put out a choice post too.

The questions aren't overly important, but the general consensus will be taken as Prideri's opinions, stated or not, and they might have some effect on certain events.

Do you think Mirthin has grown as a person since the adventure began? If not, do you think he still will? Yes, he does grown although not much. Before all he did was ask for opinions from Garth and Prideri and hide behind his men, but now he's shown to be trying his best to be more lord-like, but it's still gonna be a while before he can be a true lord.

Do you think that as Prideri climbs higher in status and fame, that it will distance him from his best friend Morphanz?Yes, and I think it already did, what was the last page Prideri had a real talk with Morphanz?

Do you think that Ketil will make a good King, or do you think his foolishness will get in the way? He may not be the best king, but he'll be a good one no doubt, just like Hector.

Is it weird for an older guy like Garth or Ketil to marry a younger girl like Erin or Anja?Nope, in medieval age, this thing happens everyday.

And on that note, do you think it's weird for an older woman like Norwenna to marry a younger man like Mirthin?Same as the above.

Do you think Constantin genuinely cares about his family, even though he's still willing to use them for his own ends? Is it even possible to do both?No and no

Do you think Taliesin hides things from you because he thinks it's necessary, or is he trying to deceive you?It's necessary

Do you think what Rory says about Diomedes is true, and that he's probably a pretty swell guy?I don't know, Rory has been a nice guy so far, but I still don't trust him... yet.

Do you think Gotha will be outwardly unpleasant if you oppose yourself to him?Definitely.

Do you think Rajha will seem unpleasant at all?Sorry, but I don't understand this question. :\

Do you think Tristan will get over his problems and redeem himself?Maybe, the power of loli will bring salvation to him! XD

And lastly... Have you ever thought that the negative result of an option you've taken was directly Prideri's fault, for example any option that resulted in a lot of generic soldier deaths? Or was it an understandable mistake?Don't really care for faceless soldiers since it's war, there bounds to be casualties, but I still remember what happened to Emily, that's why I've been staying out of battle choices so as not to make the wrong choice. :\

You don't have to answer all or any of the questions, they're mostly just things that will make it easier to write later scenes.
#214Cheesepower5(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 10:56:39 AM
Bernard and Hanna S

Bernard quickly stuffs the ring in his pocket. "Come in!" He shouts.

Hanna opens the door to Bernard's room. She steps in nervously and greets him. "Hi, Bernard." She says. "How has that wound been holding up? Did it close completely?"

"It's fine." Bernard assures her calmly. "Listen, Hanna, that doesn't really matter right now..."

Hanna's eyes widen. "Yes it does, Bernard!" She yells. "If your wound opened up again, it'd be my fault for not being able to heal it well enough! If something happened to you, then I -"

Bernard presses a finger to Hanna's lipse. "It's fine." He assures her. "I just don't want to think about things like that right now..."

Hanna lowers Bernard's hand. "At least let me see." She says warmly.

Bernard gets flustered and begins to blush. "S-see?" He asks. "No! You uh, you can't go there!"

Hanna giggles. "I thought I was supposed to be the shy one! Come here!" She says, grabbing his tunic. "...Wait... What's this?"

Hanna pulls out Bernard's ring from his pocket. "...I wanted to make it a surprise." He says. "Y'know, be all romantic and stuff..."

"Oh, Bernard..." Hanna says speechless. She frowns suddenly. "You didn't steal it ...did you?"

"I didn't!" He assures her.

"Really?" Hanna asks, in mild disbelief.

Bernard sighs. "Hanna, do you remember how you used to scold me for having to steal for food all the time?" He asks her. "Accusing me of spending all my coin at the gambling den..."

"I only worried you'd get caught..." Hanna looks down sheepishly. "I'm sorry..."

"It's alright, Hanna." Bernard says, pulling her closer. "I only stole so I could save every penny I ever earned."

"...What?" Hanna asks. "What are you saying?"

"I stole to eat from so that I could save what little I earned working for the Soldiers." Bernard tells you. "It's all hidden in my house back in Gothasverg. I wanted to use it... So we could start a life together. I just wanted to make you happy."

Hanna begins to tear up. "You mean you put your life in danger so..."

Bernard nods, kneeling and holding the ring out. "Hanna, will you marry me?" He looks into her eyes seriously, not looking away.

"...Of course I will." Hanna says, sliding the ring gently on to her fingers. "But promise me you won't steal anymore, OK?"

Bernard beams excitedly, pulling Hanna into a big merchant hug. "Never again!" Bernard swears. "I won't have to! ... Not while I have you."

-----

The training grounds are alive with activity well after the planned sessions had ended. A duel between Najin and Lillian is just ending as Najin strikes away Lillian's massive Claymore.

"The clear winner..." Arth announces in a dramatic voice. "The exotic Najin! Now, I believe it's my turn!"

"Yes, your turn will come soon..." Najin pants. "Miss Lillian, you are an excellent fighter. Even with your heavy Sword, I could hardly keep up."

"Thank you, lady Najin." Lillian says proudly. She seems unfazed still. "You're impressive yourself."

Norwenna and Eileen fly overhead, descending to rest their pegasi. "I'll call on that duel later." Arth says, taking off towards the duo of Pegasus Knights.
---
#215SwordMasterEXPosted 6/24/2013 1:52:14 AM
Cheesepower5 posted...

Do you think Mirthin has grown as a person since the adventure began? If not, do you think he still will?Yes he has, but he still doesn't command enough authority over his troops and possible future subjects.

Do you think that as Prideri climbs higher in status and fame, that it will distance him from his best friend Morphanz?No Morphanz is awesome, and it will take a lot more than a stupid title to sever their friendship.

Do you think that Ketil will make a good King, or do you think his foolishness will get in the way?I think he will be a bit lacking in some of the standards of courtroom etiquette, but much like Hector his stubbornness, Good Heart and resolve will ultimately lead him to the right choices.

Is it weird for an older guy like Garth or Ketil to marry a younger girl like Erin or Anja?Not at all. The difference isn't too extreme, and they seem to work well.

And on that note, do you think it's weird for an older woman like Norwenna to marry a younger man like Mirthin? Still no. Although I ship her with Arth.

Do you think Constantin genuinely cares about his family, even though he's still willing to use them for his own ends? Is it even possible to do both?No, he is most likely to devout to Rhaja. And maybe, but his intention and the lines he's willing to cross must be carefully tailored for their overall betterment.

Do you think Taliesin hides things from you because he thinks it's necessary, or is he trying to deceive you?A little of both. He told us not to trust Dragons and I hold him to that as well. For all we know he might just be trying to rule humanity himself.

Do you think what Rory says about Diomedes is true, and that he's probably a pretty swell guy?I'm a little iffy on that. I don't trust him all that much because Constantin might be controlling him, but I won't automatically dismiss his opinions. That said I'm willing to give Diomedes a chance.

Do you think Gotha will be outwardly unpleasant if you oppose yourself to him?Yes. He seems to want to keep his power and position otherwise he wouldn't have given us an army to protect it.

Do you think Rajha will seem unpleasant at all?Probably, I mean if he's anything like Gotha then it will be truly uncomfortable.

Do you think Tristan will get over his problems and redeem himself?No. As far as I'm concerned he can burn in the 8th circle of hell. But his B/C rank with Ishtar/Isuelt might change that. Might.

And lastly... Have you ever thought that the negative result of an option you've taken was directly Prideri's fault, for example any option that resulted in a lot of generic soldier deaths? Or was it an understandable mistake?Not really, but also not exempting him from responsibility here. There were some factors he couldn't have predicted, and some times the enemy was just too strong. However we still had some fool hardy plans that relied too much on luck to achieve victory.

---
I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information.
#216Cheesepower5(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 5:00:17 AM
I think I have a better idea of how to write Prideri in his A Support with Morphanz, so that sets the most immediate reason I asked those questions aside. Before I get to work on Norwenna and Arth B, I'll comment a bit on your answers and tell you what I'm taking away from them for Prideri's opinions.

I'll start by saying I really should give Mirthin and Morphanz some more spotlight. Especially Morphanz. Prideri thinks Mirthin's become a strong, capable guy, but he's worried that he doesn't command the authority over his troops that he should.

He isn't sure if Morphanz will have some hard feelings about the new power dynamic or not, but he knows things are coming between him, although he thinks it'll take more than fame and titles to end their loyalty to each other as friends.

He has absolutely no problem with age differences, as long as it's not too big (excepting things like dragons and beastkin, where the lifespans don't match up.)

Prideri doesn't trust Constantin. At all. This makes things weird between him and Rory, but he accepts Rory's help, and isn't too distrustfful of him. Doesn't trust Gotha, is practically afraid to meet Rajha and isn't terribly worried about Diomedes' character... Just his strength.

He doesn't feel a huge burden of guilt about the deaths of people in his army, although he knows he's made a few wrong moves, and is a little iffy on whether it's his fault Emily died or not.

He trust Taliesin almost completely, although he intends to keep his great grandfather's own advice and watch out for anything with scales and more INT than a chimp, which includes his great grandfather.

So yeah, that's the skinny. Again, the answers didn't change much, just how I'll write Prideri in certain scenes and to get an idea on which characters I need to improve on.
---
#217OsrangerPosted 6/24/2013 8:02:29 AM
Cheesepower5 posted...

Do you think Mirthin has grown as a person since the adventure began? If not, do you think he still will?

He has grown a little. Not nearly as much one of the main characters should.

Do you think that as Prideri climbs higher in status and fame, that it will distance him from his best friend Morphanz?

Yes, but not a great deal

Do you think that Ketil will make a good King, or do you think his foolishness will get in the way?

Ketil could be king. I don't think it would be necessarily good or bad.

Is it weird for an older guy like Garth or Ketil to marry a younger girl like Erin or Anja?

And on that note, do you think it's weird for an older woman like Norwenna to marry a younger man like Mirthin?

to both, no. It is the setting

Do you think Constantin genuinely cares about his family, even though he's still willing to use them for his own ends? Is it even possible to do both?

yes, and it is possible for both. Family just isn't priority

Do you think Taliesin hides things from you because he thinks it's necessary, or is he trying to deceive you?

Do you think what Rory says about Diomedes is true, and that he's probably a pretty swell guy?

Do you think Gotha will be outwardly unpleasant if you oppose yourself to him?

Do you think Rajha will seem unpleasant at all?

Do you think Tristan will get over his problems and redeem himself?

And lastly... Have you ever thought that the negative result of an option you've taken was directly Prideri's fault, for example any option that resulted in a lot of generic soldier deaths? Or was it an understandable mistake?

I don't think Prideri has done nothing wrong so far

For the rest I got nothing.
---
The surest way not to lose is to not play, but where's the fun in that?
#218Cheesepower5(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 2:36:17 PM
Norwenna and Eileen dismount their pegasi by a large trough of water, allowing their steeds to drink up.

"Do you actually think we'll see anything?" Eileen asks her senior nervously.

"Who can say? I don't think so, but..." Norwenna speculates.

"Hey, Norwenna!" Arth yells, approaching the girls. "We need to talk."

"We've been stepping up patrols around here to make sure Diomedes doesn't launch a night raid." Norwenna tells him. "Can it wait, Arth?"

Arth looks aside. "Tch, yeah whatever..." He says.

"You can talk to him, madame." Eileen says formally. "You've been at it longer than I, and I bet Rhiannon is tired. Just relax a while and let her rest, I can handle the patrol myself for now."

"...Very well then, Eileen." Norwenna says hesitantly. "Thank you. I'll find you and relieve you of your duty later."

Eileen nods, hopping onto her Pegasus and flying away.

Norwenna and Arth B

"What did you need, Arth?" Norwenna asks. "Is it important?"

"Nah." Arth admits coolly. "I just want your opinion on somethin'."

"Oh, is that all?" Norwenna says. "Ask away."

Arth scratches his head pensively. "Well, I was thinkin' about what I'd do if I ever lost the ability to swing an Axe..." He tells her. "Or, y'know, had to retire..."

"Oh?" Norwenna looks at him curiously. "That's a good question... I can't imagine you without an Axe. I can't even imagine you with a Sword or a Lance."

Arth shrugs. "I can use those too." He says defensively. "...I think."

Norwenna giggles. "Well, I still can't picture it." She decides. "So what would you do if you had to lay down arms, Arth?"

"That's what I wanted to ask you about..." Arth says seriously. "You see, I was thinkin' what else I love besides war... And I thought about my dream."

"A society without rules and restrictions?" Norwenna asks. She sighs. "What do you have in mind, Arth...?"

"I wanna' be a writer!" Arth declares happily. "Write about my dream and pass it on to the next generation! Well, whadd'ya think?"

"Wow, Arth..." Norwenna says flatly. "...You as a writer... Nope, can't picture it."

Arth frowns indignantly. "Why not!?" He demands. "I did better in my lessons than you did, if you don't recall!"

"I recall!" Norwenna laughs. "Here let me think about it some more... Nope, still can't picture it."

"Well then..." Arth says slyly. "Why don't I write you a poem? If it's good, you have to take my idea seriously!"

"I'll give you a shot." Norwenna decides. "But make it short... I hate reading."

-----

The Wyvern Riders of Ynnes Manodan fly beyond the city of Widrinn. Pallas feels the cold wind in her hair and exhales a sigh of relief at the setting sun.

"I see a fire!" One rider yells. Pallas performs a U-turn, heading towards the man who yelled.

"Let's go check it out..." Wilhelm says behind her. "Could be the enemy!"

The wyverns land gracefully, as their masters dismount and investigate the clearing. A fire burns openly by a small tent, a young, lightly armoured man turns his head to the group and smiles.

"Hello, Pallas." Brochvael says calmly. "Lovely night for camping."

"He's one of ours." Pallas says with a mixture of annoyance and relief. "I'll take care of him."
---
#219Cheesepower5(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 6:59:37 AM
Brochvael and Pallas C

Pallas shakes her head derisively at Brochvael. "You know this is a violation of the law, right?" She reminds him. "You're not allowed to burn a fire in this part of the forest without the King's permission!"

"Relax..." Brochvael tells her. For a minute, Pallas is reminded of the purple haired devil who calls himself Nuada. "I'll take all the blame. Even if Galahan was the type to get fired up by a little camp fire, I'm sure my father could get me pardoned easily."

Pallas cringes worriedly. "Listen, Brochvael." She says sternly. "You can't rely on your noble blood to get you out of every mess. You know why you're even in the army to begin wi-"

"I know, I know..." He interrupts her. "But this one? No problem!"

"It is a problem!" Pallas yells. "If sir Magnes caught us here, he'd have both our heads!"

"Well sir Magnes isn't here, is he?" Brochvael smiles slyly, leaning in towards Pallas. She blushes, but pulls away. "It's just me and you here..." He teases.

"Ugh, get off me..." Pallas says defiantly. "You dumb sack of s***. I hope your title can make you some friends!" She storms off in a huff.

Brochvael chuckles and rests by the fire some more. "She should just learn to sit back and enjoy the scenery..." Brochvael thinks aloud. "It's so much more relaxing out here than following all those rules back at the castle..."

-----

A small war council is underway in the main hall of palace Widrinn. Galahan, Magnes, Mirthin, Oswald, Garth, Ketil, Rory and you sit at the long feasting table, patiently listening as Eileen and Wilhelm deliver a scouting report.

"So the enemy's where we predicted they'd be..." Rory says speculatively. "If they keep the same pace we did, they should arrive here tommorow around noon."

"And what if they sent Cavalry or Fliers ahead?" Mirthin asks. "How long would they take?"

Rory thinks for a moment. "A horse would cut the journey by about an hour." He decides. "As long as they went around the swamplands..."

"And a pegasus or wyvern?" You ask.

"They could easily arrive two hours ahead of the rest of the army." Wilhelm pipes in. "The wyverns would come in just before the pegasi, since they're used to the humid atmosphere around here."

"I see... That makes sense." Mirthin says. "Thank you, Wilhelm."

"We'll have to wake up early tommorow..." Garth says, bemused. He takes a sarcastic tone. "Can't wait..."

"Prideri, I'm going to need you and Garth up extra early tommorow." Galahan says. "We'll need to figure out troop placements, formations and strategy."

Everyone nods dutifully. "I know we can do this." Mirthin adds.

"That's the spirit!" Galahan smiles. "Everyone is dismissed. You spend your night however you want, but be ready."

Oswald looks out the doorway at the brewery. Stepping out, he feels around in his pouch for gold. Empty... He spots Wilhelm leaning against a building, so he makes his way there casually.
---
#220Neosephiroth666Posted 6/26/2013 8:38:09 AM
Preservation Bump, because obviously Cheese is busy.
---
To dance amidst the River of Time, lost in the eternity of a moment. I call to you, but you leave me behind, lost to that far green country, lost to me.