CYOA: Age of the Sun (Part 3)

#461Cheesepower5(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 2:30:32 AM
I think I may be able to actually update this within the week. I mean, let's not kid ourselves, I won't get all of the supports out of the way. But I have a good idea for setting up the first two. In other words...

I'M BACK, B****ES! B|
---
Etrian Odyssey; The only series where hardened warriors have to graduate from killing squirrels, armadillos and grasshoppers to still get stomped by a baboon.
#462SwordMasterEXPosted 12/8/2013 4:34:33 AM
And you can take the hiatus so far
But it's more than I can stand
'Cause this bumptrip's gettin' older
Tell me how long has it been
'Cause 5 weeks is forever
And you haven't updated yet

Guns N' Roses references aside, take all the time you need. So what band should do the next Bump?
---
"I'm trying to have a serious conversation with you here.
Oh so am I. And I'm Failing. And I'm sorry for that.
"
#463Cheesepower5(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 5:19:08 AM
"Convince me to stay behind!?" Galatea asks dumbfoundedly. "Not a chance! Master Prideri, I would humbly request that you allow me to fight at your side." The young huntress looks at you expectantly, awaiting an answer.

"Sir Magnes, if I might make an observation..." You begin, looking at him sternly. Magnes returns your cold gaze, but nods. "Just in the time that I've first visited Ynnes Manodan, left and returned mere weeks later, an important duke was assassinated, along with one of my companions, the throne was usurped by a power hungry advisor, a prominent dragon blooded king attempted an all-out invasion and mysterious events are happening at the Outrealm Gate, a mystical site of great historical importance."

"And you suggest that travelling with us will be a safer place for my sister? We have made it this far through a mixture of strength, cunning and sheer luck." Magnes retorts. "And yet, who knows how much farther we might go. These are perilous times for all, but I do not wish to deliberately thrust my sister into the midst of it all!"

"With all due respect, I truly do believe it safest with us." You tell him firmly. "Left to your village, she may be among the very few capable fighters caught in a rough situation. In our army, she's one of many, and better off for it. Besides, you wish to travel with your brother, do you not Galatea?" You look at her to confirm.

"That is correct." Galatea looks Magnes in the eye. "I worry for your safety too, brother. Please do not deny me this. I can stand it no longer."

Magnes finally relents, his cold look softening into one of hesitant acceptance. "I... Understand your point." He admits. "Very well, Galatea. It does nothing to alay my concerns, but I will welcome you into our band with open arms."

Galatea nearly tackles Magnes to the ground, hugging him with megaton force. He twitches a little bit from shock, but reluctantly hugs her back. "Oh, I just knew you would see things my way, brother~!"

"I-I do not see things your way, make no mistake!" Magnes insists. "I... Simply cannot refuse my little sister. And it will be the downfall of us both."

You chuckle at Magnes' demeanour. He's nearly shy. "Worry not." You say assuringly. "Under my protection, nothing will befall your sister. I swear it."

"Oh, is that so?" Galatea looks at you devillishly. "I accept your protection gracefully, my lord. Thank you for standing up for me." As she passes by on her horse, she makes an unexpected move of leaning down to kiss you on the forehead. The gesture leaves you quite flustered, as you begin at once dismissing her affections and assuring Magnes that you meant nothing of your comment.

"I-I... Galatea, I'm engaged! Please don't... I mean, you're taking this-! Magnes, I apply such a standard to all of my charge! Please don't get the wrong-!"

...So it didn't work out too well. You win some, you lose some.

Magnes does something you wouldn't have seen coming in a hundred years. He laughs. "Well then, -my lord- Prideri, I will hold you to that promise." He says. "Although I do hope you find your earlier confidence once more when danger comes again our way. Good day." He too trots away atop his horse, leaving you to try to remember what it is you were doing.

Ah yes, the villagers. The tavern isn't too far. You make your way there once more. Hopefully nobody else will stop along the way to tease you.
---
Etrian Odyssey; The only series where hardened warriors have to graduate from killing squirrels, armadillos and grasshoppers to still get stomped by a baboon.
#464Cheesepower5(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 5:45:43 AM
Voices of merriment and singing form the backbone of the Widrinn tavern's atmosphere, the rest lended by the patriotic orange and blue sunset flag and the strong smell of alcohol. Certainly a place you could get used to, if that weren't the fastest way to set yourself up for disappointment - You will surely be departing tomorrow.

At a glance, you can't say that any of the townsfolk particularly draw you in. A crowd of young men and women sit around the largest tables chatting noisily, and some older men meet at smaller ones, speaking of days gone by in reverent tones. A dark-skinned young loner scans the crowd from his perch on the Eastern wall and some women at the bar seem to be flirting with the server - a rather striking young man with dark hair and exotic features. Who should you speak with?

A1. The popular crowd at the large tables.
B1. The old men reminiscing.
C1. The young loner a'leaning.
D1. The handsome bartender and his groupies.

And what should you ask about?

A2. Join the conversation at hand*.
B2. Make small talk.
C2. Ask about the recent power struggles.
D2. Ask about life in Widrinn.

*(If the first answer is C, this becomes "Ask why he is alone.")
---
#465SwordMasterEXPosted 12/11/2013 1:42:54 PM
C1, A2

Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time.
---
"
#466Cheesepower5(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2013 12:44:50 PM
Bump for votes
---
#467C_D_MPosted 12/14/2013 1:39:23 PM
D1, A2. We must learn his secrets if we are to become harem king...
#468OsrangerPosted 12/14/2013 4:23:05 PM
I would vote, but I have no idea what is going on atm
---
Os's SS nuzlocke: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000300-pokemon-emerald-social/67710899
Chico (Chikorita)
#469SwordMasterEXPosted 12/18/2013 2:23:22 PM
Oh Prideri, what a pity, you don't understand
You take me by the heart when you take me by the hand
Oh Prideri, you're so pretty, can't you understand
It's guys like you, Prideri
Ooh what you do Prideri, do Prideri
Don't break my heart, Prideri

Hey Prideri
Now when you take me by the... who's... ever gonna know
Every time you move I let a little more show
There's something you can use, so don't say no, Prideri

So come on and give it to me anyway you can
Anyway you want to do it, I'll take it like a man
Oh please baby, please don't leave me in this jam Prideri

Tie-Breaker Bump.
---
"
#470SwordMasterEXPosted 12/23/2013 2:21:03 AM
All that is now
All that is gone
All that's to come
And everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon.
There is no dark side of the moon really.
Matter of fact it's all dark.

Yet another tie-breaker bump.
---
"I'm trying to have a serious conversation with you here."
"Oh so am I. And I'm Failing. And I'm sorry for that."