Why does Sumia have 5 husband choices?

#91legendriderPosted 6/5/2013 6:13:46 PM
7lightsXIII posted...
Hey Legendrider, so FeMU X Chrom is mostly causing the issue?

I would say the existence of it may play a heavy part in the shenanigans of pairing arguments.
I'm believing the Stem of the problem is from the forcing of Chrom and Sumia in the game, but the option of having the female avatar and Chrom pair up may be a factor in the issue. For if it didn't exist, the issue may not be as big as it is.
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196
#92RDS1Posted 6/5/2013 6:16:21 PM
legendrider posted...
XIIDarknessRiku posted...
Why are people hating on pairings back and forth? Someone says they don't like Chrom X Sumia and someone else says that they don't like Chrom X FeMU. Can't we just let this die? It's always better to not publicly state this opinions in a topic about pairings.

I don't really understand why pairing are such a big deal.
Personally, I have no quarrels with the pairing. The issue is more about the obviousness of Chrom ad Sumia, not that I mind the pairing, mind you. I'm just saying, as it's so obviously pointed out, that's were the stem of the problem occurs. Forcing something and then giving someone the option isn't nice. It's not something people like, I believe. And so the hate on pairing all around.

If it was possible to let it die, I would love it if it did. But due to the forcing of Chrom and Sumia, I don't believe people will let it die.
Hmmmm.....Just my 2 cents here.....but now I'm actually trying to determine the issue about pairings.
Is it that Chrom and Sumia is forced?
Is it that people just dislike the pairing?
Or is it the whole 'canon' aspect?

I mean, if it's the 2nd, then that's fine, but no need to go on about how much you like/dislike a pairing, as everyone has their own opinions
If it's the 1st option, then it's just people who don't like having options forced on them, but taking it to a bit of an extreme by hating on said pairings, then anyone who hates on that, that happens to like it, retaliates, etc, etc.
If it's the final option.....then it will go on forever until there is clear fact from the developers about what's what.

I think the "canon" aspect is really only an issue because of people who actually like the pairing claiming it's canonical to try and tell people they're wrong for not liking it.

ShadowK_Korius posted...
Summonearth posted...
Misha-Heart posted...
There certainly isn't anything wrong with Chrom x Sumia. People just over-exaggerate about the pies.

That, and it isn't people themselves marrying Chrom, which is the pairing's main opponents.

It is really matter of cultural difference as the Japanese doesn't really mind a woman who cooks and act sweet and submissive (pretty much they don't mind a girly being too girly) while a lot of players in the West prefer woman that are portrayed as strong and are a tomboy. Than again, I don't understand why ChromxOlivia is so popular since while Olivia isn't portrayed as a cook, she is more girly than Sumia.

I was always under the impression that Chrom/Olivia was popular due to stat-related and optimization reasons. Rarely do I see people going "Chrom/Olivia is so adorable <3 " or "They were sooooo meant for each other <3 ).
I usually read "Where's my mother#&$^ing RK Inigo so I can make my mother^$&%ing Super RK Morgan?".

I think there's probably also a number of people who just do it because they find it hilarious that they can make a prince marry what they consider a glorified stripper.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#93legendriderPosted 6/5/2013 6:18:18 PM
ShadowK_Korius posted...
Summonearth posted...
Misha-Heart posted...
There certainly isn't anything wrong with Chrom x Sumia. People just over-exaggerate about the pies.

That, and it isn't people themselves marrying Chrom, which is the pairing's main opponents.

It is really matter of cultural difference as the Japanese doesn't really mind a woman who cooks and act sweet and submissive (pretty much they don't mind a girly being too girly) while a lot of players in the West prefer woman that are portrayed as strong and are a tomboy. Than again, I don't understand why ChromxOlivia is so popular since while Olivia isn't portrayed as a cook, she is more girly than Sumia.

I was always under the impression that Chrom/Olivia was popular due to stat-related and optimization reasons. Rarely do I see people going "Chrom/Olivia is so adorable <3 " or "They were sooooo meant for each other <3 ).
I usually read "Where's my mother#&$^ing RK Inigo so I can make my mother^$&%ing Super RK Morgan?".

I got a chuckle out of that last line XD
Yeah, I rarely see people talk about the actual support. Yes, there are some who do mention that their supports are quite cute and nice, but most people on this board are about the optimization of the characters and the children characters stat and class/skill options.
That would be my reasoning also as to why Chrom and Olivia might be quite popular. Though, that it just talking about the fire emblem board.
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
#94ShadowK_KoriusPosted 6/5/2013 6:41:36 PM(edited)
I think the major reason this pairing gets so much flak is pretty much the why the topic was started in the first place.

She's only got five freaking potential husbands!
Not only does the game shove this pairing in your face via story, it's also shoves it in your face mechanically, and you know most people here (and few other internet hang-outs) are all about optimization for the 2nd Gen.
The whole thing just hampers down your options if you want to get an optimized Cynthia out the whole mess.

.......I feel as though that we de-railed those topic majorly.
---
PSN:Korius Steam ID: Korius
Currently Playing: TF2, WOW, Disgaea 4, TTT2 | Waiting for: DOA5, ZOE HD
#95legendriderPosted 6/5/2013 6:28:17 PM
ShadowK_Korius posted...
I think the major reason this pairing gets so much is pretty much the why the topic was started in the first place.

Not only does the game shove this pairing in your face via story, it's also shoves in your face mechanically, and you know most people here (and few other internet hang-outs) are all about optimization for the 2nd Gen.
The whole thing just hampers down your options if you want to get an optimized Cynthia out the whole mess.

This topic de-railed pretty bad haha.
Somehow ended up back on track, and then went off it again, haha.
This train needs no rails!
---
#96Dragonball9899(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2013 6:29:53 PM
ShadowK_Korius posted...
I think the major reason this pairing gets so much is pretty much the why the topic was started in the first place.

Not only does the game shove this pairing in your face via story, it's also shoves in your face mechanically, and you know most people here (and few other internet hang-outs) are all about optimization for the 2nd Gen.

This.
---
Anything can change!
#97ryugin55Posted 6/5/2013 6:32:09 PM
ryugin55 posted...
DQ5? FxL? I think I'm missing something...

---
To rid his world of evil, I must become, the hammer, OF JUSTICE!!!
Official Husband of Olivia - FE:A
#987lightsXIIIPosted 6/5/2013 6:33:59 PM
legendrider posted...
7lightsXIII posted...

I would say the existence of it may play a heavy part in the shenanigans of pairing arguments.
I'm believing the Stem of the problem is from the forcing of Chrom and Sumia in the game, but the option of having the female avatar and Chrom pair up may be a factor in the issue. For if it didn't exist, the issue may not be as big as it is.

True, but look how folks marry their Avatar to Chrom. Instead of Chrom X Sumia being shoved, it's not being able to marry Chrom.
---
...In a Sexual way...
Chrom, Lucina, Shulk, Megaman, Toon Zelda for SSB4
#99legendriderPosted 6/5/2013 6:37:00 PM
7lightsXIII posted...
legendrider posted...
7lightsXIII posted...

True, but look how folks marry their Avatar to Chrom. Instead of Chrom X Sumia being shoved, it's not being able to marry Chrom.

That's why in a previous post, I said to imagine the game without a female avatar.
If a female avatar was present, but unable to marry Chrom, then their would be new problems, the same issue with Cordelia not being able to marry Chrom, to a similar, or even greater, scale.
If there was ONLY a male avatar, the issue wouldn't be as big, unless there are those who complain about not having a female avatar, but the populous would be very low.
---
#100ShadowK_KoriusPosted 6/5/2013 6:39:08 PM
ryugin55 posted...
ryugin55 posted...
DQ5? FxL? I think I'm missing something...

FxL Stands for Finn x Lachesis form FE4 (a rather..."interesting" pairing).
Dq5 I assume is for pairing for dragon quest 5.

*looks at my previous post*
Ugh... grammar fail
---
PSN:Korius Steam ID: Korius
Currently Playing: TF2, WOW, Disgaea 4, TTT2 | Waiting for: DOA5, ZOE HD