CYOA: The Unnecessary Balance IV

#1Neosephiroth666Posted 6/5/2013 10:41:07 PM
Whoo-hoo! Bow down to the One Winged Angel's all popular CYOA!

"Come closer my friends, gather around the flickering fire, and let me tell you a tale. A tale of hated, love, and despair. Of adventure, ambition, and insanity, a tale of war and spite, and all the virtues and vices of man. 'Tis a tale that spans worlds, a tale that transcends time, a tale that shall echo long after you and I have drawn our last breaths. Come closer my friends, and let me tell you the tale of the Dragon Emperor..."

Book 2 Summary:

The story so far...

Book two begins with Trail having a realistic, and quite dangerous, vision. In this vision he meets Iris, Saintess of the Sun, along with the God of Cockroaches. Iris explains to him the imminent threat of The Culture, and that he must travel to the True Mines of Minos, an ancient underground city beneath the mountains of Midgard, to find a lost Tome, for only with the Arcane knowledge it provides can he hope to stay The Culture's evil plot. Back in the real world, Trail and Kanis meet an emissary from the Theocracy of Grancelia, a blue haired and green eyed woman named Esmeralda, and her sidekick a surly priest named Carson.

Esmeralda and Carson accompany Trail and his beloved wife to the 31st Annual Coliseum Games, a splendid celebration of athletic prowess culminating in the Grand Tournament. Despite fierce and exciting battles, the tournament is won by a surprise competitor, the familiar Azrael. After the tournament, Trail learns that Azrael is, in fact, his lost son Ethan whom he thought long dead. Our hero also learns is daughter Rhiannon is alive too, but she is dying from a rare disease. Father and son reconcile, at least for the moment, in order to get Rhiannon the cure she needs, a flower only found deep in the Floating Mountains called the Eldritch Flower.

Later that night, while on a date with Kanis, Trail stumbles upon a festival in his honor, and an old foe, the enigmatic Ephidel. Ephidel taunts Trail and co for a bit before summoning his pet Balrog, a giant fire demon some 500 feet tall, to lay waste to Drakia's capital of Stonethrall. After a fierce, epic battle, Trail and Ethan, with the help of a Frost Manakete named Artemis, manage to topple the fiend. After Trail recovers from the injuries he received from the Balrog, he and his trusted companions set out for Grancelia's capital, The Holy City Aeidenn. On the way, they rescue a small village called Grainwood from bandits and recruit Nina and Tom, a young female Taguel and an aging priest with an eye for documents and a taste for adventure.

At Grancelia, Trail joins the Hunter's Guild, an organization dedicated to helping people and slaying monsters. During the Summit of Kings afterwards, where Trail is introduced to High Pontiff Edward, Holy General Gerald, Commander Eva, and High Chief Dasren, Trail is informed of a dangerous rebellion spreading in the Na'am Archipelago, led by the White Tiger Caelach. Trail volunteers to lead a mainland coalition against Caelach in return for free access to the Floating Mountains and ruins within, to which High Pontiff Edward accepts.

Later that night, Trail, Kanis and Leah decide to explore the Grand Cathedral and stumble upon both commander Eva and a rare entrance to the lost Dragonbone Crypts. Commander Eva presents Trail with a powerful sword, which Trail gives to Leah. Trail decides to venture into the crypts now and Leah brings Helga to him, everyone's favorite giant warrior merchant. Trail and co prepare to descend into the Dragonbone Crypts. Now, the story continues...
---
Darkness and light. Chaos and order. I will be the sword that severs the balance. Behold, the glimmering new world.
#2Spitz_of_TFFPosted 6/5/2013 10:45:11 PM
hey, you remembered the CYOA part. :P

Also, with her luck, considering throwing Helga at the DZ and watching her destroy it. xD
---
I'm Insane! Who wants cookies?!
As far as I'm concerned, Humanity's totally screwed
#3Dragunov_ZeroPosted 6/5/2013 10:55:48 PM(edited)
Spitz_of_TFF posted...

Also, with her luck, considering throwing Helga at the DZ and watching her destroy it. xD

Helga stampede (Call forth the Helgas!) ftw =P
---
If life is suffering, then does death bring peace?
Official groom of Tiki - Fire Emblem Awakening =3
#4ShadowkitePosted 6/5/2013 10:56:28 PM
I was so used to looking at a title without the CYOA I wasn't sure I had the right topic til I did a double take. We all want Helga to take on them creatures mwahahhaa.
#5Neosephiroth666(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2013 11:00:14 PM
Spitz_of_TFF posted...

Have Leah pair up with Helga to hilarious effect, and watch as Helga spams her ridiculous Call Forth The Helgas skill. And guess what? With Leah's ludicrous base pair up speed bonus of +10 Helga won't get doubled! Call forth DEM giant Redheads!

*Shiver* Can you imagine how terrifying that would be? A hundred seven foot tall redheaded women with muscles bigger than John Cena's and voices louder than foghorns, all yelling and poking you with forged Silver Lances in rapid succession? It's the stuff of nightmares, I tell ya.
---
Darkness and light. Chaos and order. I will be the sword that severs the balance. Behold, the glimmering new world.
#6Grayjack72Posted 6/5/2013 11:00:29 PM
Helga could kill the Spider queen by herself.
---
Etherealist posted...
"Want me to draw my sword and use some burst artes?"
#7Spitz_of_TFFPosted 6/5/2013 11:04:24 PM
Neosephiroth666 posted...
Spitz_of_TFF posted...

Have Leah pair up with Helga to hilarious effect, and watch as Helga spams her ridiculous Call Forth The Helgas skill. And guess what? With Leah's ludicrous base pair up speed bonus of +10 Helga won't get doubled! Call forth DEM giant Redheads!

*Shiver* Can you imagine how terrifying that would be? A hundred seven foot tall redheaded women with muscles bigger than John Cena's and voices louder than foghorns, all yelling and poking you with forged Silver Lances in rapid succession? It's the stuff of nightmares, I tell ya.

It must be done. xD
---
I'm Insane! Who wants cookies?!
As far as I'm concerned, Humanity's totally screwed
#8Neosephiroth666(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2013 12:10:50 AM
Also, here are the links to the other three topics in case anyone wants to catch up.

The Unnecessary Balance Part 1: http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66054268

The Unnecessary Balance Part 2: http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66149423

The Unnecessary Balance Part 3: http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66264314

Or...

Simply type in the unnecessary balance into the search bar. Really people.

The Main Characters so far...

Trail: A manakete with a dark past who once preferred solitude and the current Emperor of Drakia, the coastal Empire of the north. A superb General, master tactician, and benevolent ruler, he is revered by his people as the Eternal King and feared by his enemies as the Dragon Emperor. He loves his wife Kanis and his family above even his own life. He is always outgoing and has a great sense of humor, but deep down he fears the weight of his destiny is crushing him. 1971 Years of Age. Has shoulder length black hair and deep golden eyes.

Kanis: The current Empress of Drakia, and wife of Trail. She is a loving wife, and a doting mother but also a true mistress of the sword, a skilled user of the Arcane Arts, and a savvy politician. She is honored as the White Phoenix, who alongside her husband the Dragon, will usher in a new era of light and prosperity. She is very mature for her age and has a sharp tongue. Age 21. Has hair of pure white down to her back and clear blue eyes.

Garm: The former Emperor of Drakia and Kanis' father. He started a war for the whole purpose of sacrificing thousands of innocents to summon the Chaos Dragon Yormungand. Unbeknownst to him, he was being manipulated by the incomparable Doctor Jeckel. Died at Age 51, on his birthday.

Doctor Jeckel: The personification of madness. He is second in command of the enigmatic cult known as The Culture. He possesses power far beyond that of an ordinary human and desperately seeks a way to open 'The Gate', a way he apparently found only recently. Age 765,000.

Gawain: A former Grand General of Midgard who now serves Emperor Trail alongside his wife Searra. A truly chivalrous man and a champion of the just, he believes quarrels should be settled with words not with metal. That being said, he never hesitates to brandish his lance when words fail. Age 48. Has light brown hair down to his upper back that he wears in a ponytail, a gruff brown beard and light sideburns. His eyes, like his wife's, are a sharp green.

Searra: Surpreme Commander of Drakia's Air Force, and wife to Gawain. A stalwart, cheerful woman who loves her faithful pegasus Tia second only to her Husband and Son. Her skill with the lance is legendary. Has waist length bright green hair and emerald eyes.

Ethan: Firstborn son of Trail, and Crown Prince of Drakia. He shaved his ears and learned to mask his presence and scent, but he is still a Manakete. He favors swords in battle and only transforms if angered or pushed. He once went by the name Azrael, and has a secret past he doesn't like to talk about. He recently found a silver flute at a festival in Drakia, apparently one that was given to him by a dear friend but he lost. Just who is this friend? 1469 years old.

Athena: Drakia's official Mistress of Magic, she oversees everything to do with the Arcane Arts in the Empire. A breathtakingly beautiful woman, who has more suitors than students, though she only has eyes for one man. While she can be quite eccentric, even downright insane, she is a kind woman who only wishes to bring light back into the world. She is the Headmistress and Founder of Drakia's new Magic Academy. She is much more than meets the eye. Age 29...? Has long thick waist length silver hair and stormy gray eyes.
---
#9Neosephiroth666(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2013 12:13:04 AM
Grayjack72 posted...

No. Shelob has Nihil, which negates all skills save for hers. Otherwise, you'd have a shot at beating her now with Trail's Shadow Roar.
---
#10Grayjack72Posted 6/6/2013 12:23:46 AM
Grayjack72 posted...

No. Shelob has Nihil, which negates all skills save for hers. Otherwise, you'd have a shot at beating her now with Trail's Shadow Roar.

Helga is so powerful that she negates Nihil and kills Shelob. At least in my head she does...
---
Etherealist posted...
"Want me to draw my sword and use some burst artes?"