CYOA: The Unnecessary Balance IV

#481OsrangerPosted 6/28/2013 8:35:22 AM
Dragunov_Zero posted...
Huh? The heck happened here? I'm away for a day and the discussion suddenly turns into a subtle Leah 'elimination' campaign?

If Leah doesn't get Lunar maiden, I don't want to marry her to friggin Felix. I am just looking for plan B. everyone else thinks that Leah is just going to lose and are looking for her next shipping partner.

Since this has started. What are Athena's possible marriage candidates?
---
The surest way not to lose is to not play, but where's the fun in that?
#482Neosephiroth666(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 2:11:15 PM
Osranger posted...
Dragunov_Zero posted...
Huh? The heck happened here? I'm away for a day and the discussion suddenly turns into a subtle Leah 'elimination' campaign?

If Leah doesn't get Lunar maiden, I don't want to marry her to friggin Felix. I am just looking for plan B. everyone else thinks that Leah is just going to lose and are looking for her next shipping partner.

Since this has started. What are Athena's possible marriage candidates?

All right, I can give you Athena's list. And Cheese? Tom Foolery is already in his mid sixties and sterile. He cannot support Athena at all, and he has no marriage options. Still, why in the world would you want that pairing anyway? Unless you were joking...

Characters Athena can S rank(Organized by Priority):
Eregor
Trail
Lazareth
Ethan
Lyon
Rathalos
Fenrir
Alexander
Sarek
Duncan
Gallagher

Yes her marriage options are rather limited compared to others. There's a reason for this. Also, spoiler character is a very tricky one to unlock as a PC, as it requires a great deal of luck, and sacrificing someone you may not want to sacrifice. Alexander is a unique character you can only get if you unlock his Sidequest, and to do that you must see three scenes involving him and then reach Rank 6 in the Hunter's Guild.

For Cheese's earlier question about Nemia... Yes, I suppose she could fall under the Jeigan Archetype.
---
Every man alive wants to be Adol Christian. Why? He has more women than Bond, can go wherever he damn well pleases, and gods **** their pants when he speaks.
#483Spitz_of_TFFPosted 6/28/2013 2:17:36 PM
Ooh, AthenaxEthan...

If Artemis gets the title over her, I'll back that support! Imagine the Godbabies...

Though ArtemisxEthan's nice too...
---
Check out my CYOA HERE: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66270067
I'm Insane! Who keeps shooting me every time I talk?! *shot*
#484Neosephiroth666(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 2:30:07 PM
Spitz_of_TFF posted...
Ooh, AthenaxEthan...

If Artemis gets the title over her, I'll back that support! Imagine the Godbabies...

Though ArtemisxEthan's nice too...

You may wish to be careful on that front, Spitz. Ethan has a very special spouse candidate that can only marry Ethan. And I mean very special. You don't need to rush pairing Ethan, and personally, I like ArtemisxDuncan. You will like Duncan too when you meet him, I assure you. EthanxAthena may be a little awkward, likely even more awkward than TrailxAthena. Still, it's up to you, the readers. Story is next.
---
Every man alive wants to be Adol Christian. Why? He has more women than Bond, can go wherever he damn well pleases, and gods **** their pants when he speaks.
#485Neosephiroth666(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 5:20:21 PM
"Trail!"

You turn at the familiar sound of Leah's voice, pleasantly surprised to see her striding towards you, a wide grin on her face. Okay, if your being honest, maybe a little scared too. Leah's mischievous grin always unnerves you, as Leah's brand of mischief... Usually doesn't end well for you. Still, you enjoy her company immensely and you return her embrace when she offers it.

Leah steps back, her grin widening. "Let's go stargazing together," she orders abruptly, albeit playfully.

You arch two sculpted eyebrows at her, and glance up at the heavens above. "Well it's certainly a perfect night for stargazing. But why the sudden urge-"

"Hey! You two better not be thinking of going stargazing without me!" Another very familiar voice yells from above. You recognize the voice immediately. Oh, you have got to be kidding...

You lift your gaze to the roof of the Inn, where a silver haired woman in long bright red robes dangles her bare feet over the edge. Why do you even bother anymore... "Athena, please! Don't you think it's about time you learn to control your obsession with heights?!" You shout, not even attempting to hide your concern. Oh God, if she were to fall...

Athena giggles, a light laugh echoing across the winds. And then she does the craziest, stupidest thing you've ever seen, even for her. She casually leaps of the five story building. Your eyes widen in fear. "Athena!!!" You waste no time shifting into your Hybrid Form and rocketing into the sky. You effortlessly catch the falling Athena in your arms, righting yourself in midair with a single beat of your mighty wings. Athena relaxes in your arms instantly, grinning.

You land back on solid ground and set Athena gently down, returning to human form, your heart racing. "What were you thinking?" You demand, your voice shaking. "You could have been killed!!"

Athena gives you a contrite smile. "If I told you I had faith you would catch me, would that placate you?"

You sigh and pull her into your arms. Athena tenses for a moment, but quickly relaxes. "You crazy woman. How do you think I would feel if something happened to you?"

Athena sighs in your arms and you reluctantly let her go. "I'm sorry Trail. I didn't mean to worry you. So... Can we still go stargazing?"

You laugh in spite of yourself. These women are going to be the death of you. "As long as you promise to never pull such a stunt again."

"I promise," Athena assures you, and you believe her.

"All right," you relent. "Let's go find a place in the open, where we have a better view of the sky."

It doesn't take very long to find said place. You lead Athena and Leah to a small hill just outside Rosewood's limits, with a perfect view of the night sky. You lay down on the cool, damp grass and are quickly joined by Athena and Leah. Your a little surprised when Athena leans on your right shoulder and Leah leans on your left, but you don't object. The night sky is truly beautiful this night, nearly every constellation is visible. Minutes pass like grains in an hourglass, and before long, Leah is snoring softly on your shoulder.

"Have you ever heard the story of Orion?" Athena asks you softly, her warm breath tickling your ear.

You give a subtle shake of your head. "No, but I get the impression your about to tell me."

Athens smiles and looks back at the sky, a wistful expression crossing her beautiful features. "He was a valiant warrior who fell in love with a daughter of Naga. In order to woo her, he fashioned a bow out of an Elder Tree, and boasted he would shoot a star from the heavens."
---
#486OsrangerPosted 6/28/2013 5:30:36 PM
So is Athena the daughter of Naga?
---
#487Neosephiroth666(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 5:54:37 PM
Osranger posted...
So is Athena the daughter of Naga?

Nope. Good guess though. This 'scene' reveals surprising secrets about a certain fire dragon, if your clever enough to catch them.
---
#488Neosephiroth666(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 8:23:25 PM
(Continued)

"What happened? Did she accept?" You ask quietly when Athena doesn't continue.

Athena gives a slight shake of her head in response. "No, the daughter of Naga was in love with another at the time, the Crimson Dragon. She didn't tell the brash archer this of course, as she didn't even know her own feelings then. But she refused all his advances, and soon the brash archer learned the truth, for Orion of the Silver Bow was no fool. He challenged the Crimson Dragon to a duel, and lost soundly. The daughter of Naga finally admitted her feelings for the Crimson Dragon and the two became lovers."

"Let me guess," you comment, a touch of sarcasm to your voice. "They lived happily ever after?"

Athena gives you a sad smile. "Not at all. Quite the contrary really. The two lovers led a team of close friends on a quest to prevent a madman from drawing the Mainland into a world war. According to legend, the final battle took place not to far from here. The heroes managed to prevent the madman's ambition from bearing fruit, but a sudden betrayal invoked tragedy. The tragedy ended with the death of Orion, the Crimson Dragon and the daughter of Naga alike, at least according to the stories. The Creator took pity on the lovers, and hoisted them high into the sky, where they remain to this very day."

To emphasize her point, Athena points to a particular constellation, shining brightly in the night sky. Sure enough, one constellation is more solid in appearance than the rest, and to you it vaguely resembles a pointed eared man holding a pointed eared woman. Directly across the heavens is another bright constellation; a tall archer, his starry bow aimed at the lovers, a brightly lit arrow notched. Huh. The Lovers and the Archer...

Leah stirs at your side, snuggling close. You smile, until you realize how late the night is. "That's a wonderful, if tragic, story Athena. But I need to head back. I promised Kanis I wouldn't stay out too late."

Athena relents with a smile, though you swear you see a hint of sadness, even need in her gentle gray eyes. Athena... Does she want you to stay...? She bites her lip. "All right, I understand Trail. Maybe we could do this again sometime."

"I'd like that Athena," you reply sincerely, returning her smile. You turn your attention to Leah, gently rousing her from her contented slumber. "Leah kitten, it's time to head back."

Leah's ethereal eyes flutter open and she yawns. "Hm...? Trail? Time to go back so soon?"

"Yes kitten," you confirm softly, tenderly caressing her cheek.

Leah yawns and stretches, a dreamy smile curving across her lips. "Fine, if we must..."

Neither Leah nor Athena complain, though it's clear their both reluctant. The return trek to Rosewood's Inn is brief, only a short five minutes at most, and you bid good night to Leah and Athena in the empty lobby. Even Delia has apparently gone to bed. You part ways with Leah and Athena and ascend the stairs to your room, the second floor Master Suite. The door is locked, so you remove the spare key from the pouch on your belt and walk inside, closing the door behind you, relocking said door for good measure.

Your wife is asleep beneath the comforter, breathing gently and easily. The large blanket is askew, pulled down on one side, revealing her bare shoulder. You undress and join your wife in bed. Kanis sighs, whispering your name like a prayer in her partial state of sleep, and pulls you closer. It doesn't take very long at all until she's wide awake again.

-------------
*Congratulations! You have seen 2/2 required scenes to unlock Ethan Mode. You still have 3/3 Sidequests remaining needed to unlock EM.
---
#489OsrangerPosted 6/28/2013 9:03:09 PM
How many red Dragons do we know anyway? Trail? His father? Since this one involves a mad man, I will say that it is his father and like all legends, is not 100% accurate.
---
If words are power, you'd think that dictionaries would be more interesting.
#490Neosephiroth666(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 9:13:25 PM
Osranger posted...
How many red Dragons do we know anyway? Trail? His father? Since this one involves a mad man, I will say that it is his father and like all legends, is not 100% accurate.

Trail is a Dark Dragon, not a Fire Dragon. I cannot tell you what his father was, as that would be spoilers, but I can tell you his father was not a Fire Dragon.
---