Rate the Character, Chapter 26: Frederick!Gerome, Virion!Gerome and Vaike!Gerome

#11guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2013 8:27:00 AM
lol, i forgot :(

i kinda did not do all of this chapter at the same time, so i forgot... all of them ranked up
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#12Model_OmegaPosted 6/9/2013 8:29:01 AM
guedesbrawl posted...
all of them ranked up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moHt_nQNoe0
---
Patrolling the Awakening message boards almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter...
#13KingKrackoPosted 6/9/2013 8:45:33 AM
S
D
A
---
Bah... forget it, i'm not creative enough to think of a clever sig, I'll just write this.
#14BlueDryBones1Posted 6/9/2013 10:02:21 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#15BlueDryBones1Posted 6/9/2013 10:04:00 AM
-/D/A

Frederick!Gerome - (I'll let everyone else decide his fate. I can only give him a rank on Gerome tier I might place a rank later though if I change my mind)

PavGis and Sol/Renewal make him a great Tank 6 Str means that he'll be hitting hard as well. The -2 Speed hurts but if your Tanking as a General or Supporting in General you shouldnt be expecting to outrune verything anyways. As a Support Aggressor/DG+/DS+ with Paladin means that he will be hitting hard while providing support for whoever is leading. Sage class means that he can also support a DF with Tomefaire as well but -1 Mag means that there are better options and those better Magical Support options have Galeforce. Great at what he does overall and the only downside I say is the -Speed.

One of the best Geromes but I think the Best Gerome is actually Stahl!Gerome. Gets Vantage for the front lines, more speed for less luck, Swordfaire(and Bowfaire) for Assassin/Paladin and still has DG+

Fred is if you want a PavGis Tank and Stahl if you want a Vantage+Sol/Luna abuser.

I'm a bit biased for giving it an rank because it is one of my favorite pairings in the game. One thing for sure is that I'm on the fence between A-S b/c this thing is easily>Vaike!Gerome.

---

Virion!Gerome D

Possibly the worst Gerome. Gerome gets nothing out of Virion. He gets Sage on his own so the only key skills are Bowfaire/Bowbreaker/Lifetaker. Lifetaker is better on front liners with Galeforce and Gerome will not be able to perform that role properly. Bowfaire on Warrior is nice but there are better options for Support but it still will hit hard. Bowbreaker is useful on Wyvern Rider but yet all of this is very little and he is outclassed by most other Geromes.

---

Vaike!Gerome B

Probably the most overrated Gerome for a while. +7 Str is nice but Skills>Mods in most situations. He gets Barbarian and Thief. Barbarian's notable skills include Wrath and Axefaire. Axefaire is nice and Berserker is nice too if only he got DG+ then I say he'd be worthy of A-S rank support but unfortunately he doesn't. Outside of support Sol hits hard but Gerome will be taking heavy damage from Mages and without Vantage its a bit harder to stay alive. The hardest hitting support of 2nd Gen units although no the best its not that bad either. Only has one role but others can do it better especially with DG+.
---
Dry Bones+Magikruiser FTW in MKW ^-^
#16HeoandReoPosted 6/9/2013 11:45:19 AM(edited)
Frederick!Gerome: S
Probably one of the best Geromes you can get. Pavise/Aegis/Sol is pretty awesome, and those defensive mods make up for lack of Armsthrift, so he doesn't need to use Helswath if you don't want him to. Stahl!Gerome is probably better in the long run, but everyone wants Stahl, so Fred's a very good alternative in his own right.

Virion!Gerome: D
Not the worst Gerome, but still pretty bad. At least he gets Bowfaire for Warrior pair-ups and Bowbreaker to cover arrow weaknesses a bit.

Vaike!Gerome: B
An overrated but also underrated Gerome, somehow. Overrated because of the 7 strength mod and lack of Dual Guard, but underrated because Berserker and Assassin are two very good classes in their own right, the last part I pretty much never see in analysis of Vaike!Gerome. He actually makes decent use of Vaike's mods to be a strong physical attacker, since that speed is alright as far as Gerome goes. It's not his best pairing, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it bad. Honestly, this is exactly Henry!Gerome without Dark Mage, which Gerome doesn't really need. (That's an overrated pairing in its own right, or at least compared to other Geromes, but I'll write about that when I get there.)
#17guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2013 11:54:56 AM
HeoandReo posted...
Frederick!Gerome: S
Probably one of the best Geromes you can get. Pavise/Aegis/Sol is pretty awesome, and those defensive mods make up for lack of Armsthrift, so he doesn't need to use Helswath if you don't want him to. Stahl!Gerome is probably better in the long run, but everyone wants Stahl, so Fred's a very good alternative in his own right.

Virion!Gerome: D
Not the worst Gerome, but still pretty bad. At least he gets Bowfaire for Warrior pair-ups and Bowbreaker to cover arrow weaknesses a bit.

Vaike!Gerome: B
An overrated but also underrated Gerome, somehow. Overrated because of the 7 strength mod and lack of Dual Guard, but underrated because Berserker and Assassin are two very good classes in their own right, the last part I pretty much never see in analysis of Vaike!Gerome. He actually makes decent use of Vaike's mods to be a strong physical attacker, since that speed is alright as far as Gerome goes. It's not his best pairing, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it bad. Honestly, this is exactly Henry!Gerome without Dark Mage, which Gerome doesn't really need. (That's an overrated pairing in its own right, or at least compared to other Geromes, but I'll write about that when I get there.)

Probably because he gets it from Thief, meaning no faire. berserker works just as well fr a speed support and hits harder...
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#18HeoandReoPosted 6/9/2013 11:59:51 AM
Well, in any case, the pair-up bonuses are still pretty good. Berserker is still better for Vaike!Gerome, but Assassin's an option if you need 1 more speed on a pair up for some reason.
#19heavylobsterguyPosted 6/9/2013 12:11:30 PM(edited)
Frederick!Gerome gets an S for those awesome tanking skills.He can be a valid tank as Paladin, Great Knight, Wyvern Lord, or General (personally I like Paladin for the the pair-up bonuses and less crappy speed). Pretty similar to Vaike!Kjelle, but more defensive and less speedy. Dual Guard+ is a nice skill to compliment his defense.

Virion!Gerome gets a C because he might find some use out of Mage. His magic mod is positive, so it's not like he can't be an okay Sage or Dark Knight. There's just not much he gets skill-wise.

Vaike!Gerome was the most hyped Gerome and the one I used the most for a while. Now we see there are better dads for him. I still say he's worth a B since Vaike gives him Berserker and a big meaty +7 strength. Not the best with skills, but his power can't be ignored.

EDIT: Actually I use the powers of bias to give Vaike!Gerome an A. That "Son of Vaike" conversation in the Future Past 3 was one of the best conversations I've seen in the game.
---
The official Slime of the Super Smash Bros Wii U Boards
You know what they say, the more the merrier!
#20guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2013 12:03:47 PM
HeoandReo posted...
Well, in any case, the pair-up bonuses are still pretty good. Berserker is still better for Vaike!Gerome, but Assassin's an option if you need 1 more speed on a pair up for some reason.

yeah, there is that, too, but as i said, Berserker will work better for the most part,hence why Assassin is forgotten for this pairing.
---
Confession Time!