Is it best to do the DLC post game or during the game?

#1Dev445Posted 6/9/2013 9:15:13 AM
I got all of it but don't know if I should wait till I beat the game or not.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#2GSSAGE7Posted 6/9/2013 9:18:17 AM
It depends on the DLC.
For instance, Champions of Yore would be so easy post-game, you could the only reason you can't skip all of your turns is because there are enemies that can't attack from the starting position.
#3PetphotPosted 6/9/2013 10:05:45 AM(edited)
The DLC list does a nice job sorting itself by difficulty. Easiest at the top all the way down to hardest at the bottom.

Exceptions are Golden Gaffe, EXPonential Growth and Infinite Regalia.

Golden Gaffe and EXPonential growth don't actually possess difficulties, as the enemies just run past you and dont actually attack (except in retaliation). Both of them also posses enemies at varying levels of strength, so you pretty much pick your fights.

Infinite Regalia is probably about equal with Lost Bloodlines 3. Infinite Regalia has stronger enemies then Lost Bloodlines 3, but has 36 of them as apposed to 50, and the enemies don't instantly bumrush you in Infinite Regalia, unlike Lost Bloodlines 3.

Other then those exceptions everything is pretty much ordered by difficulty, i know i did Champions of Yore 1/2 pretty much right after getting access to the outrealms, 3 a little bit after that.
---
Apparently OP for his entire argument does in fact put his fingers in his ears and go "LALALALA" the entire thread. Fascinating.
#4Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2013 2:11:35 PM
oh aight
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#5Mario1015Posted 6/9/2013 2:41:28 PM
Having some DLC as you play through the game helps it flow better and gives you a break from the story, as well as some additional EXP. And Golden Gaffe and EXPonential Growth can help if your short on money or need to level up some characters quickly. Lost Bloodlines 2 and Smash Brethren 2 each give you DLC exclusive classes (Dread Fighter and Bride, respectively), both of which are helpful during the story. And the Scramble Pack has some fun conversations between your characters, as well as bonus CG pics of some characters in swimsuits and hot spring yukatas. The Future Past Pack expands on the timeline that the children come from (albeit a different, but almost identical timeline) but it might be best saved for Post-Game (or very late-game) as its maps are somewhat difficult. Like the above posters said, the DLC tends to sort itself in order of increasing difficulty, not counting Golden Gaffe, EXPonential Growth, or the Scramble Pack, as they can pretty much be done at any time after the Outrealm Gate is available.